Don't rant on someone's taste

Rys's photo

I know I’m not an moderator, but look. You shouldn’t be telling a person that he doesn’t know rap just because of his music taste. It’s not like EVERYONE will like the same rappers you do. If someone says that their favorite rappers are waka, weezy, gucci, soulja, and jeezy, let them be. Don’t downvote them because they’re not saying anyone close to ice cube, yelawolf or doom. If they say Soulja boy is the goat, then yes, you can debate. Just don’t be harassing someone just because he said he’s a good rapper. Everyone has a different taste in music, not everyone can be as perfect as you

September 7th, 2011
RedMasta's photo

September 7th, 2011
Questo's photo

Nobody rants at your tastes, they just laugh at them. And why do you care if someone down votes you? Your Rap IQ is just a number. It has little meaning.

September 7th, 2011
Rys's photo

^Your a mad hater so you probably don’t get it. Sorry but the truth hurts!

September 7th, 2011
RedMasta's photo

How is he a hater for telling you downvotes don’t matter. Please stop making these stupid threads.

September 7th, 2011
Rys's photo

I’m talking to you….

September 7th, 2011
Questo's photo

I kinda wanna down vote all your posts for fun now, but I’ll refrain from doing so just because you are a Bears fan. But I wouldn’t be wrong in doing that because almost all of your posts deserve down votes, as meaningless as they are.

September 7th, 2011
Dijun's photo

If someone were to say Weezy is GOAT and they’ve listened to Raekwon — they’ve listened to Big Pun — they’ve listened to Slug — and they still think that — and they can give me a valid reason why they think that … Then more power to them.
Same thing for Em and Jay and Biggie and even DOOM — it’s just that the people who say MC’s like DOOM or Em or GZA etc. usually have more to back it up — it’s a stereotype yeah — but it’s one with evidence supporting it.
So if someone who Knows Hip Hop Thoroughly comes up to me and says “Yo! Waka will rip the fuck outta that big lipped Jigga nigga!” and logically supports that statement — i’ll still disagree — but i won’t ‘disapprove’ of his position — and i’ll look at him seriously.

But honestly … how many people are like that?

September 7th, 2011
RedMasta's photo

No matter who you are talking to this thread is stupid. STOP BITCHING

September 7th, 2011
Rys's photo

I’m just telling the truth. It’s not right to be mean and laugh at someone’s taste.

Don’t make me get all religious on yall

September 7th, 2011

I think that if person A says they like an artist that person B dislikes, then person B shouldn’t judge or down vote them solely on that.

However, if person A says some terrible rapper is one of the best of all time, then yeah, a down vote, or 10, is warranted.

It isn’t wrong to like any artist, it is only wrong to make clearly false and unsupportable claims like “[Insert mediocre rapper here] is the best in the game right now.” Sure you can say that you like that rapper, but to say that some average rapper is the best is stretching it, because you just can’t support your argument with enough facts.

September 7th, 2011
RedMasta's photo

Dude your so corny, stop whining and leave rapgenius.

September 7th, 2011
Rys's photo

@Skillz thats what im sayin

September 7th, 2011

@RySarm You see though, I thought my statement through, so much so that three people posted while I was writing it. My statement is a lot clearer and far less polarizing than yours. You should think before you write if you don’t want people to down vote and judge and hate on you so much. On the other hand, if you don’t care, then more power to you.

September 7th, 2011
UF's photo

@RySarm *you’re. No one takes you seriously if you don’t talk correctly.

September 7th, 2011