Who is Captain Murphy?

If you haven’t heard about him, he was on song Between Friends with Earl and Flying Lotus. He also has 1 solo song out called Mighty Morphin Foreskins. The guy came out of nowhere with no mixtapes or anything like that, he’s either 1 of the 3 things here listed:

1. One of Tyler’s new alter egos, if you listen to his lyrics they sound exactly like words Tyler would say. Lyrics like “Make her dream of nigger dicks.”, who else would say that. His voice at times sound extremely similar to Tyler’s.

2. It could also be one of Earl’s alter ego’s. The lyrics sound complex, which is Earl’s style of rapping. Also they could be too complex for Tyler who’s not the most lyrically skilled rapper in the world.

3. This one I think would make more sense, a combination of Tyler, Earl, and Flying Lotus. Listen to songs you here constant random voice shifting and different styles. One point you here a deep voice going to a laid back style and all of a sudden to a more energetic delivery.

July 24th, 2012

Forgot to post the links so here and here

July 24th, 2012
itsjaydee's photo

Flying Lotus said on twitter that Captain Murphy isn’t any of the three: https://twitter.com/flyinglotus/status/227573890010984449

July 24th, 2012
CeQuenCe's photo

Love his creativity but his rhymes fucking suuuuck.
Idk can’t wait to hear more from him.

July 25th, 2012

it isn’t tyler or any other rapper trying another alias

FlyLo isn’t a rapper (yet) correct?

July 25th, 2012

Whoever he is, MMFS is one of the dopest songs out. I fuck with him, or them. It.

July 25th, 2012

My theory is that it’s a combo of both FlyLo and Tyler… They sound too much alike on Mighty Morphin Foreskin, it’s uncanny.

July 25th, 2012

Its Earl and flylo if it is true that tyler isnt on it. It can be that it is a “group” of people and not one person under a new alias My guess is it is flylo and earl. I heard a bit of jack mushroom in both songs, in the start of earls first verse it sounds like for a second jack mushroom took over for a line.

July 25th, 2012

Smh, I posted this in the other thread too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Murphy_%28band%29

July 25th, 2012
July 25th, 2012

there is no way “take ya pick of pickle sticks i’ll send ya chick these naked pics to make her dream of nigger dicks” is not Tyler o_o

July 26th, 2012

it’s gotta be tyler. flylo is fucking with us.

July 26th, 2012

@ Dyaz, that’s a Swedish band from the 90’s. You really think they’re on this track? Doesn’t make any sense.

July 26th, 2012

I still don’t know who he is, but he’s following me on twitter.

I shouldn’t have to ask but uh, should I try and get him verified?

August 29th, 2012

Its just flylo, guys. Many of flylo’s songs have the exact same laugh that you hear in the background on Between Friends, and there are several other things pointing at it that I can’t remember right now. But it’s definitely not Earl, or Tyler, or anyobody else from OF. It’d have to be a new artist if it wasn’t flylo, but i’m positive it’s flylo.

August 29th, 2012