Top 10 Rap Songs Since the Year 2000

SLR's photo

If you could change the top 10 what would you do. The official list from rap.about.com (http://rap.about.com/od/songs/tp/Top100RapSongs2000s.09.htm) features 7 songs from Jay-Z, 5 from Nas, 4 from Kanye and 3 from Lupe Fiasco. The top 10 goes as is …
10. Dead Prez — “Hip-Hop"
9. UGK — "Int'l Player’s Anthem"
8. Clipse — "Grindin"
7. Nas — "One Mic"
6. Lupe Fiasco — "Kick, Push"
5. Kanye West — "Jesus Walks"
4. Eminem — "Stan"
3. Jay-Z — "P.S.A."
2. Common — "The Light"
1. OutKast — "B.O.B.”

July 27th, 2012

Not the top 10 I’d have chosen, but it’s solid.

July 27th, 2012

Roses by Outkast is my favorite song from the 2000’s out of all genres, but B.O.B. is still an amazing song.

July 27th, 2012

Howw did Party Up, No Sunshine, and Where Da Hood At? get left off?

July 28th, 2012

my favorite dmx stan^

July 28th, 2012
CLOUDS's photo

Considering there’s so many good songs to chose from and there’s a big chance you can miss some really great songs, it’s a decent list. That site has good reviews and hip-hop trivia, too. Their Nicki Minaj album reviews are lulz.

July 28th, 2012

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again — how come Jesus Walks gets so little love on these kind of lists? Not only did it cement Kanye as a big time player as a rapper, but made a massive statement that resonates across not only rap, but the music landscape as a whole. You don;t have to be religious to feel the power of the song and its meaning. It’s a timeless classic.

July 28th, 2012
TheLegion's photo

@A0H94H2
“If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, iconic rapper Nicki Minaj should be plenty flattered. In the 90s, a little known rapper named Lil Kim retroactively swiped Nicki’s style and made it her own. Kim caught the attention of hip-hop heads by imitating Minaj’s meticulously unique look and hawking suspiciously familiar themes in her music. But with the recent release of Pink Friday, the original hip-hop queen Nicki Minaj is here to reclaim her throne. Here’s my take on Pink Friday."
Lol

July 28th, 2012
SLR's photo

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again — how come Jesus Walks gets so little love on these kind of lists? Not only did it cement Kanye as a big time player as a rapper, but made a massive statement that resonates across not only rap, but the music landscape as a whole. You don;t have to be religious to feel the power of the song and its meaning. It’s a timeless classic
It got shown plenty of love. Out of 4 songs by Kanye from the years 2000-2010 that made the list it was his best and it got ranked 5th overall. I’m a huge Kanye fan and I didn’t expect it to be that high.

July 28th, 2012

@casper thanks I try and represent us in a good light, and No Sunshine doesn’t have to make it but the other 2 for sure!

July 28th, 2012
Conch's photo

“International Player’s Anthem” and “P.S.A. (Interlude)” must make the list. Probably a Clipse song, too, like “Keys Open Doors,” or “Grindin',” or “Wamp Wamp (What It Do).”

July 28th, 2012
CLOUDS's photo

@AlCapone
The caption of the review of Pink Froday even says: The Greatest Album Since The Inception Of Music.

July 28th, 2012

Ether

July 28th, 2012

Oh shit, I completely didn’t see that it was 5th… my bad.

July 28th, 2012

1 Jesus Walks — Kanye West
2 Stan — Eminem
3 One Mic — Nas
4 Ms Jacskon — Outkast
5 What You Know — T.I.
6 In Da Club — 50 Cent
7 Big Pimpin' — Jay Z
8 A Milli — Lil Wayne
9 Ridin' — Chamillionaire
10 B.O.B. — Outkast

July 28th, 2012