Let's End the Swag Era

6xPlatinum's photo

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am sick of every rapper talking about their “swag.” I don’t think it’s creative and I don’t think it’s clever. I actually give props to artists that haven’t fallen into this trend.

I’m not sure what bothers me more… Swag or these half-assed similes that a lot of people are doing and just taking out the ‘like’ or ‘as’. Even great rappers are falling into this shit, Kanye and Jay Z for instance. It’s trash. And it’s dumbing them down. Just like Wayne. The guy used to blow through lines and now he’s “rain on my head, call that brainstorming” and then has the nerve to stop and sometimes half giggle at this shit. That isn’t a good line. That’s not even a funny line. Fuck this.

Thoughts…?

September 11th, 2011

My first thought was that you were mad because based god fucked your bitch. But reading it over again, I think you might be kind of right

September 11th, 2011
RedMasta's photo

@6x Agreed.

September 11th, 2011
OGFL's photo

swag or similes?

im not sure what makes you sound more retarded… saying “based god fucked your bitch” or “u mad bro”

no offense to taylorgang, cause you’s my nigga

September 11th, 2011
6xPlatinum's photo

Yeah, Wayne is a perfect example. The guy is garbage now but was on the verge of becoming a king. Carter 2 was outstanding. Then something happened…

And you know it’s a shitty trend when Soulja Boy is into it.

September 11th, 2011

I’ll try to change it up a bit. Clearly, you must be in an enraged state because the based god engaged in intercourse with your significant other.

September 11th, 2011
Rys's photo

No mas swag? I guess it’s time to pull up my pants

September 11th, 2011
6xPlatinum's photo

I am officially in the 1k club!

And I’m not even going to try and decipher what RySarm meant.

September 11th, 2011

RySarm meant like baggy jeans…probably.

September 11th, 2011
Rys's photo

Ya, people with swag wear their pants low, and mas means more in spanish….im in a mexican mood

September 11th, 2011
J-Franks's photo

Hate that fucking Lil Wayne half giggle. I agree. When rappers talk about their “swag” I think it is funny. I take the whole concept of “swag” as a joke TBH.

September 11th, 2011

I think he’s saying that his niggas don’t dance, they just pull up their pants, do the roc-a-way, and lean back.

September 11th, 2011
6xPlatinum's photo

Lean back, lean back, lean back.

RySarm… What if you actually commented on the topic and gave an opinion? Not give a one line joke about your pants. I’ve seen you type things out before.

September 11th, 2011

I somewhat agree.. but my favorite artist Los goes by Swagga boy Los haha.. but he even said in a song: “I wouldn’t never mention swag if these clowns ain’t hate”

so he doesn’t even take it serious he just does it to piss off people like this haha

but he is one of the most lyrical artists i’ve ever heard so that’s also something different

September 11th, 2011
6xPlatinum's photo

How’s Los' debut album coming along?

September 11th, 2011