Our best posts
- IllumiNOT-Me: 10 Ways Rappers Deny Being in the Illuminati
- Kanye West Is Not a Jackass
- From Art Basel to Art Yeezy: Kanye's "New Slaves" Projections as Contemporary Art
- Top 50 Songs of 2013 // January - June
- Slap Genius: Hip Hop's Best Slaps
- When Hip Hop Goes to Court: Rap Lawsuits and Music Law
- She’s Just Being Miley... and Every Other Pop Star in American Music History Ever
- Trap Geniuses: Why Selling Rap is like Selling Crack
- Why No One Has Killed Your Favorite Rapper
- The Rapper's Flow Encyclopedia
- The Beastie Chronicles — I
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations
- Verse to Verse: Arcade Fire
- Top 10 Television Theme Songs
- Verse to Verse: Kanye West
- Verse to Verse: Jay-Z
- Rap Genius Presents: The Top 100 Rap Songs of 2012
- Scarface: The Holy Bible of Rap Music
- Great Expectations: The RapGenius Guide to Rap Albums in 2013
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations of 2013
- The Personification of Hip-Hop
- NEW VIDEO from the latest verified rapper on Rap Genius: 50 Cent
- NAS INTERVIEW: why Nas wants to explain his own lyrics on Rap Genius
- Showing Our Poetry Love
- Rappers Crying
- POETRY GENIUS: How To Read And Why
- Life is Good's Future Impact
- GODFATHERS OF RAP GENIUS: Ben Horowitz Interviews Steve Stoute
- Rap Genius Explanation Competition
- The Top 5 People Rappers Reference
- RapGenius Ranks the First Half of 2012
- Hannibal Buress: First Comedian Verified on Rap Genius
- Bricks to Billboard, Grams to Grammys: Rap Genius' Top 25 Jay-Z Verses
- RGU Lesson Two: Me and the Devil Blues
- What Does Trust Mean in the Rap Game?
- RGU Lesson One: The Signifyin' Monkey
- A$AP ROCKY INTERVIEW: Maboo v. Nardwuar
- Who's this new Bada$$ kid???: A UK Perspective
- Professor Rapper: 7 Uncommon Black History Facts as Told by Kendrick Lamar
- Bragging in Hip Hop
- Inside the Lines with RZA: Part 1
- Rap Genius goes Inside the Lines with Mac Miller
- Interview With B Horowitz: RG Verified Blogger
- Are the fans getting more ignorant?
- Rap Genius Interviews B.o.B.
- An Open Letter from Donald Glover
- Rap Genius Nas interview PREVIEW
- Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong.
- Operation Free Earl
- Rap vs. Ronald Reagan
- Rap Genius of the Month: Big Ghostfase
- 30 Rock: On Gunplay and 2Chainz
- What to Expect from Rap Albums in 2012: The RapGenius Guide to Listening Safely in a Hype-Cycled Universe
- Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop: An Extensive Analysis
- SUBJECT: Jones, Russel Tyrone
- The Top 10 Mixtapes of 2011
- Top 100 Rap Songs of 2011
- The Direction of Hip-Hop
- The Recent History Of Mixtape Trolling
- Rappers' Obsession with Jewish Culture
- Dear Shyne, Ask Yourself: 'What Is A Classic Album?' Ya Bish!
- Five Tips For Unsigned Rappers
- The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama bin Laden loves That "Red Nation" Track MTV Banned
- Is Pete Rock's Disappointment Justified?
- Stereo IQ's Top Albums of 2012
- R.A THE RUGGED MAN AND EMINEM: BEEF, OR NO BEEF?
- Is The Rap Game Pretentious?
- My Philosophy on Socrates References in Rap
- Machine Gun Kelly Inside the Lines
- WTF is a Basquiat?
- You Can't Rap, But You Can Make A Song
- "Six Minutes, Slim Shady, You're On"
- Retrospect for Lu: One Year Later...
- Rap Genius Political Appointees 2012
- "Triple Beam Dreams": A Reinvigoration of Tradition
- Top 10 Lines From Drake's "Take Care"
- Rap Geniuses of the Month: Kembe X / Alex Wiley
- Freak Wit It - The Five Greatest Censored Versions of Hip Hop Songs
- Black Star: Let's ALL Get Down!
- Inside the Rappers Studio: A Witty Nicki Minaj?
- Can’t Wait To Be King: If J. Cole Really Were Simba
- Don’t Become a Rapper If: A Checklist
- All in the Name of P***Y: 7 Women Who Made Fresh Beef Into Poison Meat
- Fuck You; Pay Me (By Not Buying My Music)
- The Many Nicknames of Lil Wayne
- Introducing the Rap Map™ - your guide through the gangsta terrain of the planet
- Hella Based: The Many Faces of Lil B
- Is it right to hate fame?
- Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor: All the Lyrics Explained
- Rappers: They're Just Like Us!
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For The Hip Hop/Music Lover
- Lupe Fiasco: The Proust of Rap
- Which Throne are You Watching?
- Kill Whitey: Top 10 Corporate Greed Rap Lyrics
- Common: "A Letter To The Law" Video Breakdown
- Liquid Swords: Rap Genius on the Rap Genius
- Joey Bada$$ & Kendrick Lamar: This Generation’s Biggie & Pac? : A UK Perspective
- The Five Nastiest, Most Explicit Sex Scenes in Rap History
- My Kingdom For A Platinum Football Field
- Selena Gomez does Birthdays, Biebers, and Beats in her new album Stars Dance
- Tyler the Creator - Goblin
- Wax: From YouTube To Def Jam
- Eminem's Infinite Explained
- Bad Meets Evil Hell: The Sequel Lyrics
- Tyler gets pizzunked
- Kirk Knight Shines on Summer Knights: A UK Perspective
- Track-by-Track Guide to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- ALL of Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" Explicado
- Eatbox: rappers eat pussy sometimes, too
- Wale: The Antithesis of J. Cole
- MCA Keeps Rocking in the Afterlife
- THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP (as told by Rap Genius)
- Big Sean's "Finally Famous"
- That Shit Cray: Top Ten Meme Lines of the Year Thus Far
- I Think I'm Turning Japanese: Rap's Infatuation With Benihana
- ENTER THE WU: 36 Chambers
- Raponomics: Top Ten Foreign Currency References Of All Time
- Curren$y's Weekend At Burnie's Syncs With The Film
- Rage Against the Machine: Rap, Rock and Revolution
- Rappers and the Alphabet: A Romance on the D.L.
- International Underground: Hip Hop as Global Rebel Music
- Rap Genius LLP: A NEW Legal Service for the Rap Community
- Tyler, The Creator vs. Woody Allen
- "These n*ggas be mad -- that's why they stay hating" : Thoughts on V-Nasty
- Frank Ocean Nostalgia Ultra - all the lyrics explained
- Interview With Jay-Z's Financial Biographer: Rap Genius Editor SnoopZoggyZogg
- Rap Genius Watch The Throne Cover
- Excerpt: They call me Jay Electronica
- One Love. Elzhi's "Elmatic"
- Notes on "Ready To Die"
- Al Qaeda / Taliban rap paper plate awards: a discussion of Jihadi references in rap lyrics
- The Many Nicknames of Tyler, the Creator
- Top 25 Rap Albums of 2011
- 2011's Best Twitter Moments
- Rap Genius in the OED
- Curren$y "Covert Coup": All The Lyrics Explained
- Belief in Based God
- Lil Wayne Carter 4 Cover
- An Intro to Break Beats
- "Don't Ask Me How": The Elusive TRIPLE Entendre in Hip-Hop
- Big Sean is Finally Famous...boiiiii
- Gil Scott Heron - Father of Rap
- Hip-Hop's TECHNOlogic Revolution
- Pass Through, Ghost-like: A Multi Before I Die Mixtape
- Kendrick Lamar - #Section.80
- Nas interview PREVIEW
- Dominic Strauss Khan & Ghostface
- Adrien Brody Reciting 10 Crack Commandments
- M-m-m-maybach Music
- Crooked I Decodes Crooked I
- Lupe Fiasco's LASERS
- Jay-Z: "Rap Is Poetry"
- XV Reasons Why XV's The Next Big Thing
- A Modest Proposal: Why those white-bread, hella suburban rappers matter
- "Tastes like Swag": Cooking with Lil B (Part1: Wonton Soup)
- We Found Earl!
- Nas, Illmatic: All the lyrics to every song explained
- Wiz Khalifa: probably fucked your bitch
- An Open Letter Regarding OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)
- Kanye & Pharrell at Design in Miami: Breaking Down Understanding and Rap Genius
- Most commonly misheard rap lines
- Kanye in Paris
- Tyler the Creator: Tron Cat
- Religion in Hip Hop: A RapGenius Overview
- Bad Meets Sequel?
- Rhyming Words with Themselves, sort of: Top Ten Homophone Rhymes of All Time
- Interview: Vince Staples
- Donald Glover Interview: "What the fuck is a Childish Gambino?"
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Despot reveals a supergroup and gives his fans a SPECIAL MESSAGE!
- Subliminal Satanic Messages in Jay-Z
- On "Blue Slide Park": A Review of Moderate Proportions
- The Classic Yo! MTV Raps Returns, One Night Only!
- Cadence & Flow -- A Study in MMG
- Curren$y Interview With DDS
- Jay-Z vs. RapGenius.com: Who's Better at Decoding Jay-Z's Lyrics?
- Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" Music Video
- Virginia's Finest: Intalek Interview
- "Well I Guess, This Is My Dissertation" - Notes on Graduation
- "Well I guess, this is my dissertation"- Graduation: Decoded
- Fabolous "I'm Raw": A Close Reading
- Dre - Is Detox coming?
- Lil B "Charlie Sheen" music video breakdown
- Fabolous SOUL Tape
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Titty
- Hip Hop & Islam: The Sacred Nexus
- Hell: The Sequel
- Rap Genius on German MTV!
- RIP Macho Mane - Wrestler, Rapper, Baller
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" lyrics – Jason DeRulo
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song decoded
- Drake, Thank Me Later: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained
- "Empire State of Mind" video breakdown
- "Yonkers" Video Breakdown
- Lil Wayne Explains Lil Wayne
- Psychiatrist Advises Degenerate Geniuses to "Check Your Head"
- StereoIQ Lines of the Week: July 30-August 7
- Osama Got Popped..
- DIY: Turning the RG shirt into an RG Lady-Tee
- ALL the lyrics to Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Explained
- RIP Biggie Smalls (the Rap Genius)
- Congressman Tweets Dickpic: Inspired by Kanye? Or Mannie Fresh? Who knows?
- Woman's work: transporting drugs for rappers
- Thank You Bouillabased God
- Rap Genius of the Month: Don Trip
- Hip-hop Superbowl: Black and Yellow vs Green and Yellow
- Jay-Z on Biting Biggie's Rhymes
- Pusha's "Fear of God" Mixtape: Don't Be Scurred
- Eminem, Recovery: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- All of the Lights: Seizure-tastic
- V-Nasty Saying The "N-Word"
- Cole Summer Saga Continues..
- Interview with producer and OFWGKTA affiliate BrandenBeatBoy
- I Love Hip-hop, But...Part I
- Rappers: Suckered by Obama's Charm, Just Like the Rest of Us...
- big boi exclusive: new outkast next?
- Eminem vs. Weezy: Who's the King of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics?
- Lil Wayne and Birdman's Notorious K.I.S.S.
- Was Slug the O.G. Drake?
- The 5 degrees of decadence in "Fashion Rap"
- Either Kanye and Ghostface both sleep head to toe with their respective cousins, or Kanye is biting
- "Get it?" Why do rappers explain their own lines in the Age of Rap Genius?
- Roots, How I Got Over: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- RIP Big Pun
- Rap Genius University: Rhyme Types
- Lulu's son shine: What is Jay-Z talking about in "A Star is Born"?
- Jay-Z, Eminem, and "Renegade": Who Killed Whom?
- Woman sleeps with Nas, Jay-Z, and Allen Iverson; reveals penis secrets
- "I Got More at Stake Than Philly": Reasonable Doubt decoded
- "Can't Knock The Hustle": How Jay-Z Came Up on Ace of Spades
- The Top Ten Verses of 2011
- Introducing RapMetrics™: The Birth of Statistical Analysis of Rap Lyrics
- Rap Genius Interview: Adam Bradley, editor of the Yale Anthology of Rap
- The Game R.E.D. Album Preview
- Wale Attention Deficit: DECODED
- Lil Wayne on Roman's Revenge 2.0: Only One Verse?
- Poll: What are the best "fuck songs" / "love songs" in rap music?
- Wiz & Amber sitting in a tree.. T - A - T - T - O - O - I -N -G
- "Words I Never Said": Lupe Fiasco's Anthem for the Egyptian Revolution?
- ALL of the "All of the Lights"
- Tat My Name On You So I Know It's Real
- Carter IV Preview: Lil Wayne rolling with a cougar
- 420 NEWS: Kid Cudi quits quitting weed
- Lil B album to be called "I'm Gay"
- Hipster Girl Raps "Look At Me Now"
- Prodigy's Book: The Anti-Decoded
- Lupe Fiasco's Long-Awaited Lasers...Cover Art
- Thurnis Haley: Really Into Golf
- Tyler Arrested In L.A.
- Tyler the Creator & Odd Future on Tim Westwood
- Goblin L.A. Concert
- Lil Wayne Carter IV Release Date
- Big K.R.I.T. booed at Highline Ballroom
- Odd Future Is The New Beatles
- "Dreams Money Can Buy" by Drake
- "Return Of Simba" by J. Cole
- FREESTYLE BATTLE: Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly
- Annals of the Rap Orientalist: Talk of Money in Rap
- "Acura Integurl" by Frank Ocean
- "She Wanna Have My Baby" by The Game
- Kendrick Lamar "Hiii Power" Music Video Breakdown
- "Marvins Room" by Drake
- "Everywhere I Go" by 2Pac
- "Tree" - Kid Cudi & Wiz Khalifa
- "Loud Noises" by Bad Meets Evil
- 2Pac on Intellectual Property
- "Ronald Reagan Era" by Kendrick Lamar
- Detox - July 26 Release Date?
- Lil Wayne: "Dear Anne" Lyrics Explicado..
- "Her Room" by Teyana Taylor
- Interview - Indie Artist "b.a.sick"
- Obama sings "Let's Stay Together"
- MO Purp please! New music from Alex Wiley, Kembe X and Chance the Rapper
- Hip Hop's Hero's Hubris?: RG Introduces Asaad
- Lupe Fiasco (and Big Sean) - "Wait for Me"
- Drake Interview
- Lyrics to Tyga's Well Done 2 Mixtape
- Norwegian Mass Murderer Hates Hip-hop
- The Bullitts X Jay Electronica MOOVIE
- "I'm On One" lyrics – Tyga
- "Oh My Remix" lyrics – DJ Drama
- Odd Future in Germany
- MeLo-X = Sade + The Weeknd
- J Cole Breaks Down His Album Title
- Soulja Boy: The Movie (Trailer)
- "Trouble on My Mind" lyrics – Pusha T
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain says farewell
- "I'm On One Freestyle" lyrics – Chamillionaire
- What's Wrong With John Galliano?
- Tyler The Creator Bonds With Tim Westwood
- Oh Mercy Me: New Music & An Artist to Watch
- "Uncle Otis" lyrics – The Game
- Consequence's "Pusha T Diss"
- Frank Ocean on "Watch The Throne".. Good Move? Bad Move?
- Rap Genius Reviews Dreams and Nightmares
- Jetlifer SinnersRemorse Reviews Curren$y's Priest Andretti
- Nardwuar Interviews Casey Veggies
- MJ Faded Way: Perfect
- Big Sean Arrested
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain spits a fire freestyle
- Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y x Big Sean = STONER MIXTAPE OF THE CENTURY
- Cam'ron Threatens iTunes
- Black Hippy Interview
- Watch The Throne (Snippets)
- Birdman Forbes Interview
- NEW MUSIC: "Hotel" by NRK (Nobody Really Knows)
- Watch The Based
- In the Zone: Jay-Z and Kanye West Live at Bank Atlantic Center
- EARL IS FREE!
- Rap Genius Editor Teaches Kreayshawn Makeup Techniques
- INSIDE GAME: The Making of Martians vs Goblins
- Rap Genius of the Month: Touré
- Kreayshawn's Ballinest Fan? Drake
- A$AP FERGENSTEIN: on the origins of "A$AP"
- "Watch The Throne" Preview
- Ambition 2: BEHIND THE SCENES
- J Cole on How Jay-Z REALLY Feels About "Cole World: A Sideline Story"
- Game's track-by-track breakdown of the Red Album
- Jay-Z 101 at Georgetown University
- Young Dr. Dre on TV!
- Drake care...
- Lil B's "I'm Gay"
- #Ambition (cover)
- Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell Cover
- BEEF: Fox News vs. Jon Stewart (& Common)
- Young Jeezy's TM103: Hustlerz Ambition Review
- Siri vs Biggie
- Bad Meets Evil on Fuse TV at Bonnaroo
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Cyhi is an Otis Fan
- N***AWATCH 2011: V-Nasty Calls A Black Man "N***a" In A Fight
- Mac Miller "Blue Slide Park" Tracklist
- Q: what will be this year's MOST MEME Halloween costume?
- MMG loves lyrics just like RG
- RUH ROH: Tyler the Creator Arrested (Again)
- NEW VIDEO: Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"
- RG RANCH SXSW RECAP (part 2)
- Introducing the Rap Genius Artist in Residence: The Black Cobain Experience
- 13 YEAR OLD KENDRICK LAMAR WISHES HE HAD RAP GENIUS
- TDE on Tour & Too funny
- Southern Boys Collide: Big KRIT & Yelawolf collaboration coming soon
- Rap Hoods - Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Big K.R.I.T. goes live from the underground and gets verified with RapGenius
- Lupe is a rap god but also human
- ras kass keeps it raw
- What is Wayne? The Artist Lives
- New Freshness: Urbana Poppin' Champaign (UPC)
- Ab-Soul Drawing Contest on Rap Genius?!
- Monday Morning with the BRKF$T Club
- Rhyme Spotters: Twinkies
- RIP KING CAPITAL STEEZ
- Artist in Residence: The Confessional, Day One
- Common talks LUV on Rap Genius - Live Ustream!
- first ever freestyled verified explanation (don't ask me how)
- Lupe Fiasco Exclusive world premiere: breaking down "bitch bad"
- Ras Kass Behind the Lines with Rap Genius
- Behind the Bars with RiFF RaFF, part 1
- Behind the Bars with Riff Raff, part 2 (prepare to be enlightened)
- Does Bruno Mars have a space in hip hop?
- Slaughterhouse tells RG what they really think about Black Hippy
- LUPE FIASCO EXCLUSIVE world premiere: Explore Lamborghini Angels
- LUPE IS HERE
- BIG BOI NOW VERIFIED ON RG!
- EXCLUSIVE Lyrics and More From Skyzoo's New *A Dream Deferred* -- UPDATED!!
- What Does Common Think About Rap Genius?
- 2012 BET Cyphers Lyrics: Who spit fire?
- Grand Theft Audio: The Music of San Andreas
- The Importance of Music Education
- big boi RG fan contest: are you big's rap genius?
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 1
- MEEK MILL EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE: Maybach curtains
- Ne-Yo is Now verified!
- Dreadlocks. Rasta?
- Blog fam Interview: AFH - Kendrick Lamar "GRIT"
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 2
- Verified Artist Lushlife is hosting an RG COmpetition
- Joey Bada$$ new single "Unorthodox"
- RANCH RECAP: RG at SXSW part 1
- Rap Genius x BET: Video Breakdown of Stalley's "Fountain of Youth"
- The Fine Art of the Name Drop: From Pac to R.A.
- News Genius Lines of the Week, 05/03/2013
- Kush and Corinthians: Religious Contradictions in Hip Hop
- The Honors English Rap Genius Challenge - CONTEST RULES
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/10/2013
- Skylar Grey x RG x Gigg "Final Warning" Verse Contest
- Young and Beautiful: The Anomaly That is Lana Del Rey
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/17/2013
- The 7 Stages of Yeezus: From "Through the Wire" to "I Am a God"
- "Jimmy's Back": A Documentary about Mass Incarceration by Dice Raw
- Why Kanye Chose No Album Artwork
- Top 10 Whistleblowers
- Wale Contest: Unlock the Meaning Behind The Gifted Lyrics and Win!
- Artist in Residence: Making of "The Recipe" freestyle w/ Black Cobain
- Honors English Lyrics Challenge Coming Soon - Sneak Peak
- TV Night at Cam's
After over a week of polling the members and visitors of Rapgenius, I was able to compile what the general populace considered the best songs of the last year.
The top 100 songs of 2011 was decided by all members of the community. People in the threads were convinced that the top 25 songs weren’t legitimate. THEY ARE. Remember, everyone had equal say, even the people who voted for nauseating songs like “How to Love” or “Roll Up”.
Finally, this isn’t my top 100 of the last year, but I agree with this list for the most part. So let the countdown begin…
100 “Shine On” — Logic
99. “Double M Genius” — Wale
98. “Peso” — A$ap Rocky
97. “Lyrical Noir” — Canibus
96.“Dreams Money Can Buy” — Drake
95. “Grove St. Party” featuring Kebo Gotti — Waka Flocka Flame
94.“Radio” — Yelawolf
93. “Joaquin Phoenix” featuring Little Ronnie — Lupe Fiasco
92. “Ain’t Hard to Tell” — Elzhi
91. “Douchebag” — Skizzy Mars
90.“R4 Theme Song” — Big K.R.I.T.
89.“Dollar And A Dream III” — J. Cole
88. “Power” featuring Danny Brown and Despot — Das Racist
87.“Hol' Up” — Kendrick Lamar
86.“Made in America” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
85. “Armor of God” — Vakill
84.“Posted” — Pac Div
83.“Born in the Trap” — Game
82.“Late For The Sky” featuring Slug and Aesop Rock — Evidence
81.“Bring Me Down” — Saigon
80.“My God” — Pusha T
79.“Michael Jackson” — Das Racist
78.“Tower Heist” featuring Rick Ross — Nas
77.“Gucci Gucci” — Kreayshawn
76.“Dance (Ass) (Remix)” featuring Nicki Minaj — Big Sean
75.“SLR (Super Lupe Rap)” — Lupe Fiasco
74.“I Still Wanna” featuring Rick Ross — Pusha T
73.“Underground Kings” — Drake
72.“My Last” featuring Chris Brown — Big Sean
71.“John” featuring Rick Ross — Lil Wayne
70.“Golden” — Tyler, the Creator
69.“Amen” featuring Kanye West and Young Jeezy — Pusha T
68.“A.D.H.D” — Kendrick Lamar
67.“Ricky” — Game
66.“Burning The Mirror” — Jedi Mind Tricks
65.“Look At Me Now” featuring Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne — Chris Brown
64.“The Vent” — Big K.R.I.T.
63.“Strange Clouds” featuring Lil Wayne — B.o.B
62.“Lighters” featuring Bruno Mars — Bad Meets Evil
61.“Chordaroy” featuring Earl Sweatshirt and Wolf Haley — Mellowhype
60.“Goonies” featuring Diabolic — Immortal Technique
59.“Cocoa Butter” featuring Nina Sky — Action Bronson and Statik Selektah
58.“Sweet” — Common
57.“Bonfire” — Childish Gambino
56.“The Show Goes On” — Lupe Fiasco
55.“Fuck Your Ethnicity” — Kendrick Lamar
54.“Am I a Psycho?” featuring Hopsin and B.o.B — Tech N9ne
53.“100 Keys” featuring Rick Ross and Pusha T — Big Sean
52.“Clap (One Day)” — Pharoahe Monch
51.“More Clouds” featuring Remy Banks — Domo Genesis
50.“Wings” featuring Ryan Lewis — Macklemore
49.“I’m Flexin'” featuring Big K.R.I.T. — T.I.
48.“Mr. Nobody” — Reks
47.“Toast to the Dead” — Immortal Technique
46.“Scottie Pippen” featuring Freddie Gibbs — Curren$y
45.“Dance in the Reign” featuring Sy Smith — Phonte
44.“That Way” featuring Jeremih and Rick Ross — Wale
43.“Ima Boss (Remix)” featuring Rick Ross — Meek Mill
42.“Mr Nice Watch” featuring Jay-Z — J. Cole
41.“Purple Swag” — A$ap Rocky
40.“The Believer” featuring John Legend — Common
39.“Predormitum (Prologue)” — CunninLynguists
38.“The Greatest Story Never Told” — Saigon
37.“Wonton Soup” — Lil B
36.“Loud Noises featuring Slaughterhouse” — Bad Meets Evil
35.“Ill Mind Of Hopsin 4” — Hopsin
34.“She” featuring Frank Ocean — Tyler, the Creator
33.“Harsh” featuring Busta Rhymes and Rick Ross — Styles P
32.“Gotta Have It” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
31.“Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed & Encouraging Racism” — Big K.R.I.T.
30.“Freaks and Geeks” — Childish Gambino
29.“Play The Game” featuring Big K.R.I.T. and Freddie Gibbs — Statik Selektah
28.“Black Hand Side” featuring Styles P and Phonte — Pharoahe Monch
27.“Tupac Back” featuring Rick Ross — Meek Mill
26.“Otis” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
25 “Zan With That Lean” — Soulja Boy
Soulja Boy’s best entry to date, and damn is that song catchy. “All these bands on me…”
24 “Marvin & Chardonnay” featuring Roscoe Dash and Kanye West — Big Sean
“The fuckin' anthem” became a hot track during the Summer and had people left and right saying, “Hol' up, Hol' up, Hol' up.”
23 “Hard White (Up in the Club)” featuring Lil Jon — Yelawolf
YEAH!! Lil Jon and Yela teamed up for a win-win situation on this Radioactive track and the number 23 song of the year.
22 “Don’t Hold Your Applause” — Wale
Wale is arguably “man of the year” as he claims with the number 22 song of 2011.
21 “Headlines” — Drake
Wale also mentioned Drake as a contender for “man of the year,” and this radio-friendly rap song helped Drake make our list for song of the year.
20 “Memory Lane” — Elzhi
Detroit rapper Elzhi’s take on Nas' Illmatic turned out to be one of the best mixtapes of 2011, and “Memory Lane” proves this.
19 “Marvin’s Room” — Drake
Despite being a handful of bars away from a straight up R&B song, Drake’s drunk-dialing record that spawned a million spinoffs is without a doubt one of the best tracks of 2011.
18 “He’s A Mental Giant” — Tech N9ne
With arguably one of the best flows ever, and a one of the top albums this past year, Tecca Ninna brings the thunder on the number 18 song of 2011.
17 “I’m On One” featuring Drake, Rick Ross, and Lil Wayne — DJ Khaled
Even though you couldn’t escape the sound of caring only about “money and the city that I’m from,” DJ Khaled put together a great song with three of the biggest icons in the game for one of the year’s standout tracks.
16 “You See Me” — Childish Gambino
Quadruple-threat Donald Glover (actor/comedian/writer/rapper) released his debut EP Camp, and had fans reciting, “Asian girls everywhere: UCLA,” with our number 16 song of the year.
15 “Trouble on My Mind” featuring Tyler, the Creator — Pusha T
“Trouble On My Mind” is one of the most fun tracks this year and Pusha’s collab with Odd Future’s Tyler, the Creator had listeners everywhere pushing it to number 15.
14 “Lord Knows” featuring Rick Ross — Drake
Bigghost described this Just Blaze production as top beat of the year. Drake goes in for over 40 bars and Rick kills his guest verse, as usual, leaving very little to dislike about “Lord Knows.”
13 “Blue Sky” — Common
Common’s newest album, The Dreamer, The Believer, is going to be huge, and its lead single showed that Common still has some of the best talent as a vet in the game. Also, No I.D. has been on a hot streak, lately.
12 “Lost Ones” — J. Cole
Cole World was met with mixed reviews, but J. Cole’s deep song dedicated to a man and a woman’s views on abortion carries a strong message and puts it at number 12 on our list.
11 “All Black Everything” — Lupe Fiasco
Despite the dissapointing album that Lasers ultimately was, “All Black Everything” is a tremendous track that makes the listener think about the repercussions of slavery while Lupe raps in the style most of us love him for.
10 “Keisha’s Song (Her Pain)” featuring Ashtro Bot — Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar’s gripping storytelling track about a young woman who finds a reluctant lifestyle in prostitution cracks the top 10.
9 “Murder to Excellence” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
Probably the second-best track off of Watch the Throne, “Murder to Excellence” combines the everyday troubles facing black males in urban areas with the “black excellence” that Jay and Ye emulate. Easily a top song of 2011.
8 “Make My” featuring Big K.R.I.T. — The Roots
Big K.R.I.T.’s verse is excellent; the smooth, heavy beat is excellent; Undun was excellent; it’s easy to consider the best track from Undun as top song of the year.
7 “Rigamortus” — Kendrick Lamar
The horn-driven beat allows KDot to do his thing, flowing like crazy on the third verse with a lyrical assault. That’s enough reason to put this as our number 7 song of the year.
6 “Fast Lane” featuring – Bad Meets Evil
Eminem’s first post-Recovery project included him teaming up with freshly re-friended rapper Royce Da 5'9", and their first single, “Fast Line,” earns the number 6 spot.
5 “Ghetto Dreams” featuring Nas — Common
A song that seemingly took both Nas and Common back to 1997 is our number 5 song of the year. The two plan on releasing a collaborative album later in 2012.
4 “HiiiPower” — Kendrick Lamar
I know what you’re thinking. “Damn, Kendrick has three top 10 songs? Really?” Really. 2011 was Kendrick’s break out year and “HiiiPower” was his best outing. Besides, the Compton native gets a lot of shine on Rapgenius. Sometimes a little too much.
3 “Yonkers” — Tyler, the Creator
Either you hate what Tyler does, or you love it. But you can’t deny the over-analyzed, contradictive “Yonkers” as one of the best songs of the year. I especially loved it before it got played out by every mainstream fan of his.
2 “Niggas in Paris” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
Before it was being played 5 times in a row at shows and on rap radio everywhere, the best song from Watch the Throne started the biggest meme-a-thon of the year and had people quoting Blades of Glory and chanting “That shit cray!” Many thought that it would take the top spot on our list..
1 “Nasty” — Nas
…Nasty Nas himself is king of this list. His return was met with much acclaim. Die hard fans loved it and Nas made himself relevant again after a few so-so solo releases. If it’s any indication, QB’s finest is back to take the reigns as the best rapper in the game. So get some Remy Martin, some good ass cigars, and prepare yourself for what could be another Nas classic.