Our best posts
- Kanye West Is Not A Jackass
- IllumiNOT-Me: 10 Ways Rappers Deny Being in the Illuminati
- From Art Basel to Art Yeezy: Kanye's "New Slaves" Projections as Contemporary Art
- Top 50 Songs of 2013 // January - June
- Slap Genius: Hip Hop's Best Slaps
- When Hip Hop Goes to Court: Rap Lawsuits and Music Law
- Why No One Has Killed Your Favorite Rapper
- Trap Geniuses: Why Selling Rap is like Selling Crack
- The Rapper's Flow Encyclopedia
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations
- The Beastie Chronicles — I
- Verse to Verse: Arcade Fire
- Top 10 Television Theme Songs
- Verse to Verse: Jay-Z
- Verse to Verse: Kanye West
- Rap Genius Presents: The Top 100 Rap Songs of 2012
- Scarface: The Holy Bible of Rap Music
- Great Expectations: The RapGenius Guide to Rap Albums in 2013
- The Personification of Hip-Hop
- NEW VIDEO from the latest verified rapper on Rap Genius: 50 Cent
- NAS INTERVIEW: why Nas wants to explain his own lyrics on Rap Genius
- Rappers Crying
- Showing Our Poetry Love
- Life is Good's Future Impact
- GODFATHERS OF RAP GENIUS: Ben Horowitz Interviews Steve Stoute
- Rap Genius Explanation Competition
- The Top 5 People Rappers Reference
- RapGenius Ranks the First Half of 2012
- Hannibal Buress: First Comedian Verified on Rap Genius
- Bricks to Billboard, Grams to Grammys: Rap Genius' Top 25 Jay-Z Verses
- What Does Trust Mean in the Rap Game?
- RGU Lesson Two: Me and the Devil Blues
- Who's this new Bada$$ kid???: A UK Perspective
- A$AP ROCKY INTERVIEW: Maboo v. Nardwuar
- RGU Lesson One: The Signifyin' Monkey
- Bragging in Hip Hop
- Professor Rapper: 7 Uncommon Black History Facts as Told by Kendrick Lamar
- Rap Genius goes Inside the Lines with Mac Miller
- An Open Letter from Donald Glover
- Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong.
- Rap Genius Nas interview PREVIEW
- Rap Genius Interviews B.o.B.
- Rap vs. Ronald Reagan
- Operation Free Earl
- Interview With B Horowitz: RG Verified Blogger
- Are the fans getting more ignorant?
- Rap Genius of the Month: Big Ghostfase
- Top 100 Rap Songs of 2011
- SUBJECT: Jones, Russel Tyrone
- Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop: An Extensive Analysis
- 30 Rock: On Gunplay and 2Chainz
- The Top 10 Mixtapes of 2011
- What to Expect from Rap Albums in 2012: The RapGenius Guide to Listening Safely in a Hype-Cycled Universe
- The Direction of Hip-Hop
- Machine Gun Kelly Inside the Lines
- Rappers' Obsession with Jewish Culture
- Dear Shyne, Ask Yourself: 'What Is A Classic Album?' Ya Bish!
- My Philosophy on Socrates References in Rap
- Five Tips For Unsigned Rappers
- R.A THE RUGGED MAN AND EMINEM: BEEF, OR NO BEEF?
- Is The Rap Game Pretentious?
- Stereo IQ's Top Albums of 2012
- The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama bin Laden loves That "Red Nation" Track MTV Banned
- Is Pete Rock's Disappointment Justified?
- The Recent History Of Mixtape Trolling
- Retrospect for Lu: One Year Later...
- Rap Genius Political Appointees 2012
- You Can't Rap, But You Can Make A Song
- "Triple Beam Dreams": A Reinvigoration of Tradition
- "Six Minutes, Slim Shady, You're On"
- WTF is a Basquiat?
- Rap Geniuses of the Month: Kembe X / Alex Wiley
- Freak Wit It - The Five Greatest Censored Versions of Hip Hop Songs
- Inside the Rappers Studio: A Witty Nicki Minaj?
- Top 10 Lines From Drake's "Take Care"
- Black Star: Let's ALL Get Down!
- Fuck You; Pay Me (By Not Buying My Music)
- All in the Name of P***Y: 7 Women Who Made Fresh Beef Into Poison Meat
- Can’t Wait To Be King: If J. Cole Really Were Simba
- Don’t Become a Rapper If: A Checklist
- The Many Nicknames of Lil Wayne
- Which Throne are You Watching?
- Is it right to hate fame?
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For The Hip Hop/Music Lover
- Lupe Fiasco: The Proust of Rap
- Kill Whitey: Top 10 Corporate Greed Rap Lyrics
- Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor: All the Lyrics Explained
- Introducing the Rap Map™ - your guide through the gangsta terrain of the planet
- Rappers: They're Just Like Us!
- Hella Based: The Many Faces of Lil B
- The Five Nastiest, Most Explicit Sex Scenes in Rap History
- Wax: From YouTube To Def Jam
- My Kingdom For A Platinum Football Field
- MCA Keeps Rocking in the Afterlife
- Eminem's Infinite Explained
- ALL of Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" Explicado
- That Shit Cray: Top Ten Meme Lines of the Year Thus Far
- I Think I'm Turning Japanese: Rap's Infatuation With Benihana
- Big Sean's "Finally Famous"
- Eatbox: rappers eat pussy sometimes, too
- Tyler gets pizzunked
- Track-by-Track Guide to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- Joey Bada$$ & Kendrick Lamar: This Generation’s Biggie & Pac? : A UK Perspective
- THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP (as told by Rap Genius)
- Tyler the Creator - Goblin
- Wale: The Antithesis of J. Cole
- Common: "A Letter To The Law" Video Breakdown
- Liquid Swords: Rap Genius on the Rap Genius
- Bad Meets Evil Hell: The Sequel Lyrics
- Rappers and the Alphabet: A Romance on the D.L.
- Top 25 Rap Albums of 2011
- Lil Wayne Carter 4 Cover
- Rap Genius in the OED
- Rap Genius Watch The Throne Cover
- An Intro to Break Beats
- 2011's Best Twitter Moments
- Big Sean is Finally Famous...boiiiii
- Interview With Jay-Z's Financial Biographer: Rap Genius Editor SnoopZoggyZogg
- Raponomics: Top Ten Foreign Currency References Of All Time
- Rage Against the Machine: Rap, Rock and Revolution
- Curren$y "Covert Coup": All The Lyrics Explained
- The Many Nicknames of Tyler, the Creator
- Frank Ocean Nostalgia Ultra - all the lyrics explained
- Belief in Based God
- One Love. Elzhi's "Elmatic"
- Tyler, The Creator vs. Woody Allen
- ENTER THE WU: 36 Chambers
- Notes on "Ready To Die"
- International Underground: Hip Hop as Global Rebel Music
- Rap Genius LLP: A NEW Legal Service for the Rap Community
- Excerpt: They call me Jay Electronica
- Al Qaeda / Taliban rap paper plate awards: a discussion of Jihadi references in rap lyrics
- Curren$y's Weekend At Burnie's Syncs With The Film
- "These n*ggas be mad -- that's why they stay hating" : Thoughts on V-Nasty
- "Don't Ask Me How": The Elusive TRIPLE Entendre in Hip-Hop
- We Found Earl!
- Lupe Fiasco's LASERS
- M-m-m-maybach Music
- A Modest Proposal: Why those white-bread, hella suburban rappers matter
- Interview: Vince Staples
- Tyler the Creator: Tron Cat
- Gil Scott Heron - Father of Rap
- Donald Glover Interview: "What the fuck is a Childish Gambino?"
- Adrien Brody Reciting 10 Crack Commandments
- Bad Meets Sequel?
- Subliminal Satanic Messages in Jay-Z
- An Open Letter Regarding OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)
- Most commonly misheard rap lines
- On "Blue Slide Park": A Review of Moderate Proportions
- The Classic Yo! MTV Raps Returns, One Night Only!
- Cadence & Flow -- A Study in MMG
- Hip-Hop's TECHNOlogic Revolution
- Nas, Illmatic: All the lyrics to every song explained
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Despot reveals a supergroup and gives his fans a SPECIAL MESSAGE!
- Jay-Z: "Rap Is Poetry"
- Pass Through, Ghost-like: A Multi Before I Die Mixtape
- XV Reasons Why XV's The Next Big Thing
- Kanye & Pharrell at Design in Miami: Breaking Down Understanding and Rap Genius
- Kanye in Paris
- Crooked I Decodes Crooked I
- Kendrick Lamar - #Section.80
- Religion in Hip Hop: A RapGenius Overview
- Wiz Khalifa: probably fucked your bitch
- Rhyming Words with Themselves, sort of: Top Ten Homophone Rhymes of All Time
- "Tastes like Swag": Cooking with Lil B (Part1: Wonton Soup)
- Nas interview PREVIEW
- Dominic Strauss Khan & Ghostface
- Jay-Z vs. RapGenius.com: Who's Better at Decoding Jay-Z's Lyrics?
- Fabolous "I'm Raw": A Close Reading
- Dre - Is Detox coming?
- Thank You Bouillabased God
- V-Nasty Saying The "N-Word"
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Titty
- Lil B "Charlie Sheen" music video breakdown
- Curren$y Interview With DDS
- "Yonkers" Video Breakdown
- StereoIQ Lines of the Week: July 30-August 7
- "Well I Guess, This Is My Dissertation" - Notes on Graduation
- DIY: Turning the RG shirt into an RG Lady-Tee
- Virginia's Finest: Intalek Interview
- "Well I guess, this is my dissertation"- Graduation: Decoded
- I Love Hip-hop, But...Part I
- Interview with producer and OFWGKTA affiliate BrandenBeatBoy
- ALL the lyrics to Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Explained
- Rap Genius of the Month: Don Trip
- Eminem, Recovery: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Psychiatrist Advises Degenerate Geniuses to "Check Your Head"
- All of the Lights: Seizure-tastic
- RIP Biggie Smalls (the Rap Genius)
- Pusha's "Fear of God" Mixtape: Don't Be Scurred
- Cole Summer Saga Continues..
- Hell: The Sequel
- Congressman Tweets Dickpic: Inspired by Kanye? Or Mannie Fresh? Who knows?
- Woman's work: transporting drugs for rappers
- Fabolous SOUL Tape
- Rap Genius on German MTV!
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" lyrics – Jason DeRulo
- Hip-hop Superbowl: Black and Yellow vs Green and Yellow
- "Empire State of Mind" video breakdown
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song decoded
- Osama Got Popped..
- Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" Music Video
- Rappers: Suckered by Obama's Charm, Just Like the Rest of Us...
- Jay-Z on Biting Biggie's Rhymes
- RIP Macho Mane - Wrestler, Rapper, Baller
- Drake, Thank Me Later: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained
- Lil Wayne Explains Lil Wayne
- Hip Hop & Islam: The Sacred Nexus
- Does Bruno Mars have a space in hip hop?
- Slaughterhouse tells RG what they really think about Black Hippy
- Introducing RapMetrics™: The Birth of Statistical Analysis of Rap Lyrics
- LUPE FIASCO EXCLUSIVE world premiere: Explore Lamborghini Angels
- LUPE IS HERE
- BIG BOI NOW VERIFIED ON RG!
- EXCLUSIVE Lyrics and More From Skyzoo's New *A Dream Deferred* -- UPDATED!!
- What Does Common Think About Rap Genius?
- 2012 BET Cyphers Lyrics: Who spit fire?
- Grand Theft Audio: The Music of San Andreas
- The Importance of Music Education
- big boi RG fan contest: are you big's rap genius?
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 1
- MEEK MILL EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE: Maybach curtains
- Ne-Yo is Now verified!
- Dreadlocks. Rasta?
- The Top Ten Verses of 2011
- Blog fam Interview: AFH - Kendrick Lamar "GRIT"
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 2
- big boi exclusive: new outkast next?
- Verified Artist Lushlife is hosting an RG COmpetition
- Joey Bada$$ new single "Unorthodox"
- "Can't Knock The Hustle": How Jay-Z Came Up on Ace of Spades
- "I Got More at Stake Than Philly": Reasonable Doubt decoded
- RANCH RECAP: RG at SXSW part 1
- Rap Genius x BET: Video Breakdown of Stalley's "Fountain of Youth"
- Woman sleeps with Nas, Jay-Z, and Allen Iverson; reveals penis secrets
- Jay-Z, Eminem, and "Renegade": Who Killed Whom?
- Lulu's son shine: What is Jay-Z talking about in "A Star is Born"?
- Rap Genius University: Rhyme Types
- The Fine Art of the Name Drop: From Pac to R.A.
- News Genius Lines of the Week, 05/03/2013
- Kush and Corinthians: Religious Contradictions in Hip Hop
- RIP Big Pun
- The Honors English Rap Genius Challenge - CONTEST RULES
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/10/2013
- Skylar Grey x RG x Gigg "Final Warning" Verse Contest
- Roots, How I Got Over: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Tyler the Creator & Odd Future on Tim Westwood
- Goblin L.A. Concert
- Lil Wayne Carter IV Release Date
- Big K.R.I.T. booed at Highline Ballroom
- Odd Future Is The New Beatles
- Thurnis Haley: Really Into Golf
- Lupe Fiasco's Long-Awaited Lasers...Cover Art
- "Dreams Money Can Buy" by Drake
- "Return Of Simba" by J. Cole
- FREESTYLE BATTLE: Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly
- Annals of the Rap Orientalist: Talk of Money in Rap
- "Acura Integurl" by Frank Ocean
- "She Wanna Have My Baby" by The Game
- Kendrick Lamar "Hiii Power" Music Video Breakdown
- "Marvins Room" by Drake
- Lil Wayne and Birdman's Notorious K.I.S.S.
- "Everywhere I Go" by 2Pac
- "Tree" - Kid Cudi & Wiz Khalifa
- "Loud Noises" by Bad Meets Evil
- 2Pac on Intellectual Property
- "Ronald Reagan Era" by Kendrick Lamar
- Detox - July 26 Release Date?
- Lil Wayne: "Dear Anne" Lyrics Explicado..
- "Her Room" by Teyana Taylor
- Prodigy's Book: The Anti-Decoded
- Interview - Indie Artist "b.a.sick"
- Obama sings "Let's Stay Together"
- MO Purp please! New music from Alex Wiley, Kembe X and Chance the Rapper
- Hip Hop's Hero's Hubris?: RG Introduces Asaad
- Lupe Fiasco (and Big Sean) - "Wait for Me"
- Drake Interview
- Lyrics to Tyga's Well Done 2 Mixtape
- Norwegian Mass Murderer Hates Hip-hop
- The Bullitts X Jay Electronica MOOVIE
- "I'm On One" lyrics – Tyga
- "Oh My Remix" lyrics – DJ Drama
- Hipster Girl Raps "Look At Me Now"
- Lil B album to be called "I'm Gay"
- Odd Future in Germany
- MeLo-X = Sade + The Weeknd
- J Cole Breaks Down His Album Title
- 420 NEWS: Kid Cudi quits quitting weed
- Soulja Boy: The Movie (Trailer)
- "Trouble on My Mind" lyrics – Pusha T
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain says farewell
- "I'm On One Freestyle" lyrics – Chamillionaire
- What's Wrong With John Galliano?
- Tyler The Creator Bonds With Tim Westwood
- Oh Mercy Me: New Music & An Artist to Watch
- "Uncle Otis" lyrics – The Game
- Consequence's "Pusha T Diss"
- Frank Ocean on "Watch The Throne".. Good Move? Bad Move?
- Rap Genius Reviews Dreams and Nightmares
- Jetlifer SinnersRemorse Reviews Curren$y's Priest Andretti
- Nardwuar Interviews Casey Veggies
- Top 10 Whistleblowers
- MJ Faded Way: Perfect
- Big Sean Arrested
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain spits a fire freestyle
- Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y x Big Sean = STONER MIXTAPE OF THE CENTURY
- Cam'ron Threatens iTunes
- Carter IV Preview: Lil Wayne rolling with a cougar
- Tat My Name On You So I Know It's Real
- Black Hippy Interview
- Watch The Throne (Snippets)
- Birdman Forbes Interview
- NEW MUSIC: "Hotel" by NRK (Nobody Really Knows)
- Watch The Based
- ALL of the "All of the Lights"
- In the Zone: Jay-Z and Kanye West Live at Bank Atlantic Center
- EARL IS FREE!
- "Words I Never Said": Lupe Fiasco's Anthem for the Egyptian Revolution?
- Rap Genius Editor Teaches Kreayshawn Makeup Techniques
- INSIDE GAME: The Making of Martians vs Goblins
- Rap Genius of the Month: Touré
- Kreayshawn's Ballinest Fan? Drake
- A$AP FERGENSTEIN: on the origins of "A$AP"
- "Watch The Throne" Preview
- Ambition 2: BEHIND THE SCENES
- J Cole on How Jay-Z REALLY Feels About "Cole World: A Sideline Story"
- Wiz & Amber sitting in a tree.. T - A - T - T - O - O - I -N -G
- Game's track-by-track breakdown of the Red Album
- Jay-Z 101 at Georgetown University
- Young Dr. Dre on TV!
- Drake care...
- Lil B's "I'm Gay"
- #Ambition (cover)
- Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell Cover
- BEEF: Fox News vs. Jon Stewart (& Common)
- Young Jeezy's TM103: Hustlerz Ambition Review
- Poll: What are the best "fuck songs" / "love songs" in rap music?
- Siri vs Biggie
- Bad Meets Evil on Fuse TV at Bonnaroo
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Cyhi is an Otis Fan
- N***AWATCH 2011: V-Nasty Calls A Black Man "N***a" In A Fight
- Mac Miller "Blue Slide Park" Tracklist
- Q: what will be this year's MOST MEME Halloween costume?
- MMG loves lyrics just like RG
- RUH ROH: Tyler the Creator Arrested (Again)
- NEW VIDEO: Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"
- RG RANCH SXSW RECAP (part 2)
- Eminem vs. Weezy: Who's the King of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics?
- Lil Wayne on Roman's Revenge 2.0: Only One Verse?
- Introducing the Rap Genius Artist in Residence: The Black Cobain Experience
- 13 YEAR OLD KENDRICK LAMAR WISHES HE HAD RAP GENIUS
- TDE on Tour & Too funny
- Wale Attention Deficit: DECODED
- The Game R.E.D. Album Preview
- Southern Boys Collide: Big KRIT & Yelawolf collaboration coming soon
- Rap Genius Interview: Adam Bradley, editor of the Yale Anthology of Rap
- Rap Hoods - Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Big K.R.I.T. goes live from the underground and gets verified with RapGenius
- Lupe is a rap god but also human
- ras kass keeps it raw
- What is Wayne? The Artist Lives
- New Freshness: Urbana Poppin' Champaign (UPC)
- Ab-Soul Drawing Contest on Rap Genius?!
- Monday Morning with the BRKF$T Club
- Rhyme Spotters: Twinkies
- RIP KING CAPITAL STEEZ
- Artist in Residence: The Confessional, Day One
- Common talks LUV on Rap Genius - Live Ustream!
- first ever freestyled verified explanation (don't ask me how)
- Lupe Fiasco Exclusive world premiere: breaking down "bitch bad"
- Ras Kass Behind the Lines with Rap Genius
- Behind the Bars with RiFF RaFF, part 1
- Behind the Bars with Riff Raff, part 2 (prepare to be enlightened)
- The 7 Stages of Yeezus: From "Through the Wire" to "I Am a God"
- Was Slug the O.G. Drake?
- Why Kanye Chose No Album Artwork
- Tyler Arrested In L.A.
- Young and Beautiful: The Anomaly That is Lana Del Rey
- "Get it?" Why do rappers explain their own lines in the Age of Rap Genius?
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/17/2013
- Either Kanye and Ghostface both sleep head to toe with their respective cousins, or Kanye is biting
- The 5 degrees of decadence in "Fashion Rap"
- Honors English Lyrics Challenge Coming Soon - Sneak Peak
- Artist in Residence: Making of "The Recipe" freestyle w/ Black Cobain
- TV Night at Cam's
After over a week of polling the members and visitors of Rapgenius, I was able to compile what the general populace considered the best songs of the last year.
The top 100 songs of 2011 was decided by all members of the community. People in the threads were convinced that the top 25 songs weren’t legitimate. THEY ARE. Remember, everyone had equal say, even the people who voted for nauseating songs like “How to Love” or “Roll Up”.
Finally, this isn’t my top 100 of the last year, but I agree with this list for the most part. So let the countdown begin…
100 “Shine On” — Logic
99. “Double M Genius” — Wale
98. “Peso” — A$ap Rocky
97. “Lyrical Noir” — Canibus
96.“Dreams Money Can Buy” — Drake
95. “Grove St. Party” featuring Kebo Gotti — Waka Flocka Flame
94.“Radio” — Yelawolf
93. “Joaquin Phoenix” featuring Little Ronnie — Lupe Fiasco
92. “Ain’t Hard to Tell” — Elzhi
91. “Douchebag” — Skizzy Mars
90.“R4 Theme Song” — Big K.R.I.T.
89.“Dollar And A Dream III” — J. Cole
88. “Power” featuring Danny Brown and Despot — Das Racist
87.“Hol' Up” — Kendrick Lamar
86.“Made in America” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
85. “Armor of God” — Vakill
84.“Posted” — Pac Div
83.“Born in the Trap” — Game
82.“Late For The Sky” featuring Slug and Aesop Rock — Evidence
81.“Bring Me Down” — Saigon
80.“My God” — Pusha T
79.“Michael Jackson” — Das Racist
78.“Tower Heist” featuring Rick Ross — Nas
77.“Gucci Gucci” — Kreayshawn
76.“Dance (Ass) (Remix)” featuring Nicki Minaj — Big Sean
75.“SLR (Super Lupe Rap)” — Lupe Fiasco
74.“I Still Wanna” featuring Rick Ross — Pusha T
73.“Underground Kings” — Drake
72.“My Last” featuring Chris Brown — Big Sean
71.“John” featuring Rick Ross — Lil Wayne
70.“Golden” — Tyler, the Creator
69.“Amen” featuring Kanye West and Young Jeezy — Pusha T
68.“A.D.H.D” — Kendrick Lamar
67.“Ricky” — Game
66.“Burning The Mirror” — Jedi Mind Tricks
65.“Look At Me Now” featuring Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne — Chris Brown
64.“The Vent” — Big K.R.I.T.
63.“Strange Clouds” featuring Lil Wayne — B.o.B
62.“Lighters” featuring Bruno Mars — Bad Meets Evil
61.“Chordaroy” featuring Earl Sweatshirt and Wolf Haley — Mellowhype
60.“Goonies” featuring Diabolic — Immortal Technique
59.“Cocoa Butter” featuring Nina Sky — Action Bronson and Statik Selektah
58.“Sweet” — Common
57.“Bonfire” — Childish Gambino
56.“The Show Goes On” — Lupe Fiasco
55.“Fuck Your Ethnicity” — Kendrick Lamar
54.“Am I a Psycho?” featuring Hopsin and B.o.B — Tech N9ne
53.“100 Keys” featuring Rick Ross and Pusha T — Big Sean
52.“Clap (One Day)” — Pharoahe Monch
51.“More Clouds” featuring Remy Banks — Domo Genesis
50.“Wings” featuring Ryan Lewis — Macklemore
49.“I’m Flexin'” featuring Big K.R.I.T. — T.I.
48.“Mr. Nobody” — Reks
47.“Toast to the Dead” — Immortal Technique
46.“Scottie Pippen” featuring Freddie Gibbs — Curren$y
45.“Dance in the Reign” featuring Sy Smith — Phonte
44.“That Way” featuring Jeremih and Rick Ross — Wale
43.“Ima Boss (Remix)” featuring Rick Ross — Meek Mill
42.“Mr Nice Watch” featuring Jay-Z — J. Cole
41.“Purple Swag” — A$ap Rocky
40.“The Believer” featuring John Legend — Common
39.“Predormitum (Prologue)” — CunninLynguists
38.“The Greatest Story Never Told” — Saigon
37.“Wonton Soup” — Lil B
36.“Loud Noises featuring Slaughterhouse” — Bad Meets Evil
35.“Ill Mind Of Hopsin 4” — Hopsin
34.“She” featuring Frank Ocean — Tyler, the Creator
33.“Harsh” featuring Busta Rhymes and Rick Ross — Styles P
32.“Gotta Have It” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
31.“Another Naive Individual Glorifying Greed & Encouraging Racism” — Big K.R.I.T.
30.“Freaks and Geeks” — Childish Gambino
29.“Play The Game” featuring Big K.R.I.T. and Freddie Gibbs — Statik Selektah
28.“Black Hand Side” featuring Styles P and Phonte — Pharoahe Monch
27.“Tupac Back” featuring Rick Ross — Meek Mill
26.“Otis” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
25 “Zan With That Lean” — Soulja Boy
Soulja Boy’s best entry to date, and damn is that song catchy. “All these bands on me…”
24 “Marvin & Chardonnay” featuring Roscoe Dash and Kanye West — Big Sean
“The fuckin' anthem” became a hot track during the Summer and had people left and right saying, “Hol' up, Hol' up, Hol' up.”
23 “Hard White (Up in the Club)” featuring Lil Jon — Yelawolf
YEAH!! Lil Jon and Yela teamed up for a win-win situation on this Radioactive track and the number 23 song of the year.
22 “Don’t Hold Your Applause” — Wale
Wale is arguably “man of the year” as he claims with the number 22 song of 2011.
21 “Headlines” — Drake
Wale also mentioned Drake as a contender for “man of the year,” and this radio-friendly rap song helped Drake make our list for song of the year.
20 “Memory Lane” — Elzhi
Detroit rapper Elzhi’s take on Nas' Illmatic turned out to be one of the best mixtapes of 2011, and “Memory Lane” proves this.
19 “Marvin’s Room” — Drake
Despite being a handful of bars away from a straight up R&B song, Drake’s drunk-dialing record that spawned a million spinoffs is without a doubt one of the best tracks of 2011.
18 “He’s A Mental Giant” — Tech N9ne
With arguably one of the best flows ever, and a one of the top albums this past year, Tecca Ninna brings the thunder on the number 18 song of 2011.
17 “I’m On One” featuring Drake, Rick Ross, and Lil Wayne — DJ Khaled
Even though you couldn’t escape the sound of caring only about “money and the city that I’m from,” DJ Khaled put together a great song with three of the biggest icons in the game for one of the year’s standout tracks.
16 “You See Me” — Childish Gambino
Quadruple-threat Donald Glover (actor/comedian/writer/rapper) released his debut EP Camp, and had fans reciting, “Asian girls everywhere: UCLA,” with our number 16 song of the year.
15 “Trouble on My Mind” featuring Tyler, the Creator — Pusha T
“Trouble On My Mind” is one of the most fun tracks this year and Pusha’s collab with Odd Future’s Tyler, the Creator had listeners everywhere pushing it to number 15.
14 “Lord Knows” featuring Rick Ross — Drake
Bigghost described this Just Blaze production as top beat of the year. Drake goes in for over 40 bars and Rick kills his guest verse, as usual, leaving very little to dislike about “Lord Knows.”
13 “Blue Sky” — Common
Common’s newest album, The Dreamer, The Believer, is going to be huge, and its lead single showed that Common still has some of the best talent as a vet in the game. Also, No I.D. has been on a hot streak, lately.
12 “Lost Ones” — J. Cole
Cole World was met with mixed reviews, but J. Cole’s deep song dedicated to a man and a woman’s views on abortion carries a strong message and puts it at number 12 on our list.
11 “All Black Everything” — Lupe Fiasco
Despite the dissapointing album that Lasers ultimately was, “All Black Everything” is a tremendous track that makes the listener think about the repercussions of slavery while Lupe raps in the style most of us love him for.
10 “Keisha’s Song (Her Pain)” featuring Ashtro Bot — Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick Lamar’s gripping storytelling track about a young woman who finds a reluctant lifestyle in prostitution cracks the top 10.
9 “Murder to Excellence” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
Probably the second-best track off of Watch the Throne, “Murder to Excellence” combines the everyday troubles facing black males in urban areas with the “black excellence” that Jay and Ye emulate. Easily a top song of 2011.
8 “Make My” featuring Big K.R.I.T. — The Roots
Big K.R.I.T.’s verse is excellent; the smooth, heavy beat is excellent; Undun was excellent; it’s easy to consider the best track from Undun as top song of the year.
7 “Rigamortus” — Kendrick Lamar
The horn-driven beat allows KDot to do his thing, flowing like crazy on the third verse with a lyrical assault. That’s enough reason to put this as our number 7 song of the year.
6 “Fast Lane” featuring – Bad Meets Evil
Eminem’s first post-Recovery project included him teaming up with freshly re-friended rapper Royce Da 5'9", and their first single, “Fast Line,” earns the number 6 spot.
5 “Ghetto Dreams” featuring Nas — Common
A song that seemingly took both Nas and Common back to 1997 is our number 5 song of the year. The two plan on releasing a collaborative album later in 2012.
4 “HiiiPower” — Kendrick Lamar
I know what you’re thinking. “Damn, Kendrick has three top 10 songs? Really?” Really. 2011 was Kendrick’s break out year and “HiiiPower” was his best outing. Besides, the Compton native gets a lot of shine on Rapgenius. Sometimes a little too much.
3 “Yonkers” — Tyler, the Creator
Either you hate what Tyler does, or you love it. But you can’t deny the over-analyzed, contradictive “Yonkers” as one of the best songs of the year. I especially loved it before it got played out by every mainstream fan of his.
2 “Niggas in Paris” — Jay-Z and Kanye West
Before it was being played 5 times in a row at shows and on rap radio everywhere, the best song from Watch the Throne started the biggest meme-a-thon of the year and had people quoting Blades of Glory and chanting “That shit cray!” Many thought that it would take the top spot on our list..
1 “Nasty” — Nas
…Nasty Nas himself is king of this list. His return was met with much acclaim. Die hard fans loved it and Nas made himself relevant again after a few so-so solo releases. If it’s any indication, QB’s finest is back to take the reigns as the best rapper in the game. So get some Remy Martin, some good ass cigars, and prepare yourself for what could be another Nas classic.