Our best posts
- IllumiNOT-Me: 10 Ways Rappers Deny Being in the Illuminati
- Kanye West Is Not a Jackass
- From Art Basel to Art Yeezy: Kanye's "New Slaves" Projections as Contemporary Art
- Slap Genius: Hip Hop's Best Slaps
- Top 50 Songs of 2013 // January - June
- When Hip Hop Goes to Court: Rap Lawsuits and Music Law
- She’s Just Being Miley... and Every Other Pop Star in American Music History Ever
- Trap Geniuses: Why Selling Rap is like Selling Crack
- Why No One Has Killed Your Favorite Rapper
- The Rapper's Flow Encyclopedia
- The Beastie Chronicles — I
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations
- Verse to Verse: Arcade Fire
- Top 10 Television Theme Songs
- Verse to Verse: Jay-Z
- Verse to Verse: Kanye West
- Rap Genius Presents: The Top 100 Rap Songs of 2012
- Scarface: The Holy Bible of Rap Music
- Great Expectations: The RapGenius Guide to Rap Albums in 2013
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations of 2013
- The Personification of Hip-Hop
- NEW VIDEO from the latest verified rapper on Rap Genius: 50 Cent
- NAS INTERVIEW: why Nas wants to explain his own lyrics on Rap Genius
- Rappers Crying
- Showing Our Poetry Love
- POETRY GENIUS: How To Read And Why
- Life is Good's Future Impact
- GODFATHERS OF RAP GENIUS: Ben Horowitz Interviews Steve Stoute
- Rap Genius Explanation Competition
- The Top 5 People Rappers Reference
- RapGenius Ranks the First Half of 2012
- Hannibal Buress: First Comedian Verified on Rap Genius
- Bricks to Billboard, Grams to Grammys: Rap Genius' Top 25 Jay-Z Verses
- Who's this new Bada$$ kid???: A UK Perspective
- RGU Lesson Two: Me and the Devil Blues
- A$AP ROCKY INTERVIEW: Maboo v. Nardwuar
- RGU Lesson One: The Signifyin' Monkey
- What Does Trust Mean in the Rap Game?
- Professor Rapper: 7 Uncommon Black History Facts as Told by Kendrick Lamar
- Bragging in Hip Hop
- Inside the Lines with RZA: Part 1
- Rap Genius goes Inside the Lines with Mac Miller
- Interview With B Horowitz: RG Verified Blogger
- Rap Genius Nas interview PREVIEW
- An Open Letter from Donald Glover
- Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong.
- Operation Free Earl
- Rap vs. Ronald Reagan
- Rap Genius Interviews B.o.B.
- Are the fans getting more ignorant?
- Rap Genius of the Month: Big Ghostfase
- The Top 10 Mixtapes of 2011
- SUBJECT: Jones, Russel Tyrone
- Top 100 Rap Songs of 2011
- Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop: An Extensive Analysis
- 30 Rock: On Gunplay and 2Chainz
- What to Expect from Rap Albums in 2012: The RapGenius Guide to Listening Safely in a Hype-Cycled Universe
- The Direction of Hip-Hop
- Five Tips For Unsigned Rappers
- Machine Gun Kelly Inside the Lines
- R.A THE RUGGED MAN AND EMINEM: BEEF, OR NO BEEF?
- Stereo IQ's Top Albums of 2012
- The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama bin Laden loves That "Red Nation" Track MTV Banned
- Rappers' Obsession with Jewish Culture
- The Recent History Of Mixtape Trolling
- Dear Shyne, Ask Yourself: 'What Is A Classic Album?' Ya Bish!
- My Philosophy on Socrates References in Rap
- Is The Rap Game Pretentious?
- Is Pete Rock's Disappointment Justified?
- WTF is a Basquiat?
- Rap Genius Political Appointees 2012
- "Triple Beam Dreams": A Reinvigoration of Tradition
- You Can't Rap, But You Can Make A Song
- "Six Minutes, Slim Shady, You're On"
- Retrospect for Lu: One Year Later...
- Black Star: Let's ALL Get Down!
- Rap Geniuses of the Month: Kembe X / Alex Wiley
- Top 10 Lines From Drake's "Take Care"
- Freak Wit It - The Five Greatest Censored Versions of Hip Hop Songs
- Inside the Rappers Studio: A Witty Nicki Minaj?
- Can’t Wait To Be King: If J. Cole Really Were Simba
- Fuck You; Pay Me (By Not Buying My Music)
- All in the Name of P***Y: 7 Women Who Made Fresh Beef Into Poison Meat
- Don’t Become a Rapper If: A Checklist
- Rappers: They're Just Like Us!
- Is it right to hate fame?
- Introducing the Rap Map™ - your guide through the gangsta terrain of the planet
- Lupe Fiasco: The Proust of Rap
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For The Hip Hop/Music Lover
- Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor: All the Lyrics Explained
- Hella Based: The Many Faces of Lil B
- Kill Whitey: Top 10 Corporate Greed Rap Lyrics
- Which Throne are You Watching?
- Common: "A Letter To The Law" Video Breakdown
- I Think I'm Turning Japanese: Rap's Infatuation With Benihana
- Eatbox: rappers eat pussy sometimes, too
- Tyler the Creator - Goblin
- Selena Gomez does Birthdays, Biebers, and Beats in her new album Stars Dance
- Wale: The Antithesis of J. Cole
- The Five Nastiest, Most Explicit Sex Scenes in Rap History
- Track-by-Track Guide to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- Eminem's Infinite Explained
- Wax: From YouTube To Def Jam
- MCA Keeps Rocking in the Afterlife
- My Kingdom For A Platinum Football Field
- Liquid Swords: Rap Genius on the Rap Genius
- Joey Bada$$ & Kendrick Lamar: This Generation’s Biggie & Pac? : A UK Perspective
- Bad Meets Evil Hell: The Sequel Lyrics
- Kirk Knight Shines on Summer Knights: A UK Perspective
- Tyler gets pizzunked
- That Shit Cray: Top Ten Meme Lines of the Year Thus Far
- THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP (as told by Rap Genius)
- Big Sean's "Finally Famous"
- ALL of Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" Explicado
- Rap Genius in the OED
- "These n*ggas be mad -- that's why they stay hating" : Thoughts on V-Nasty
- 2011's Best Twitter Moments
- Frank Ocean Nostalgia Ultra - all the lyrics explained
- Rage Against the Machine: Rap, Rock and Revolution
- International Underground: Hip Hop as Global Rebel Music
- Curren$y's Weekend At Burnie's Syncs With The Film
- ENTER THE WU: 36 Chambers
- Big Sean is Finally Famous...boiiiii
- "Don't Ask Me How": The Elusive TRIPLE Entendre in Hip-Hop
- Lil Wayne Carter 4 Cover
- Rap Genius LLP: A NEW Legal Service for the Rap Community
- Curren$y "Covert Coup": All The Lyrics Explained
- Belief in Based God
- Al Qaeda / Taliban rap paper plate awards: a discussion of Jihadi references in rap lyrics
- Excerpt: They call me Jay Electronica
- An Intro to Break Beats
- One Love. Elzhi's "Elmatic"
- Rappers and the Alphabet: A Romance on the D.L.
- The Many Nicknames of Tyler, the Creator
- Rap Genius Watch The Throne Cover
- Raponomics: Top Ten Foreign Currency References Of All Time
- Tyler, The Creator vs. Woody Allen
- Interview With Jay-Z's Financial Biographer: Rap Genius Editor SnoopZoggyZogg
- Notes on "Ready To Die"
- Top 25 Rap Albums of 2011
- Nas interview PREVIEW
- Crooked I Decodes Crooked I
- Nas, Illmatic: All the lyrics to every song explained
- Lupe Fiasco's LASERS
- Wiz Khalifa: probably fucked your bitch
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Despot reveals a supergroup and gives his fans a SPECIAL MESSAGE!
- The Classic Yo! MTV Raps Returns, One Night Only!
- A Modest Proposal: Why those white-bread, hella suburban rappers matter
- We Found Earl!
- Dominic Strauss Khan & Ghostface
- Adrien Brody Reciting 10 Crack Commandments
- Pass Through, Ghost-like: A Multi Before I Die Mixtape
- On "Blue Slide Park": A Review of Moderate Proportions
- Subliminal Satanic Messages in Jay-Z
- Kendrick Lamar - #Section.80
- XV Reasons Why XV's The Next Big Thing
- Jay-Z: "Rap Is Poetry"
- Cadence & Flow -- A Study in MMG
- Hip-Hop's TECHNOlogic Revolution
- Most commonly misheard rap lines
- Kanye in Paris
- Rhyming Words with Themselves, sort of: Top Ten Homophone Rhymes of All Time
- Gil Scott Heron - Father of Rap
- Tyler the Creator: Tron Cat
- An Open Letter Regarding OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)
- Kanye & Pharrell at Design in Miami: Breaking Down Understanding and Rap Genius
- Interview: Vince Staples
- Donald Glover Interview: "What the fuck is a Childish Gambino?"
- Religion in Hip Hop: A RapGenius Overview
- M-m-m-maybach Music
- "Tastes like Swag": Cooking with Lil B (Part1: Wonton Soup)
- Bad Meets Sequel?
- "Well I Guess, This Is My Dissertation" - Notes on Graduation
- StereoIQ Lines of the Week: July 30-August 7
- Osama Got Popped..
- DIY: Turning the RG shirt into an RG Lady-Tee
- Fabolous "I'm Raw": A Close Reading
- Dre - Is Detox coming?
- Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" Music Video
- ALL the lyrics to Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Explained
- Fabolous SOUL Tape
- Rap Genius of the Month: Don Trip
- Rap Genius on German MTV!
- Curren$y Interview With DDS
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" lyrics – Jason DeRulo
- Rappers: Suckered by Obama's Charm, Just Like the Rest of Us...
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song decoded
- Hip-hop Superbowl: Black and Yellow vs Green and Yellow
- I Love Hip-hop, But...Part I
- Interview with producer and OFWGKTA affiliate BrandenBeatBoy
- V-Nasty Saying The "N-Word"
- Jay-Z on Biting Biggie's Rhymes
- All of the Lights: Seizure-tastic
- Pusha's "Fear of God" Mixtape: Don't Be Scurred
- Eminem, Recovery: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Psychiatrist Advises Degenerate Geniuses to "Check Your Head"
- "Well I guess, this is my dissertation"- Graduation: Decoded
- Drake, Thank Me Later: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained
- "Empire State of Mind" video breakdown
- Cole Summer Saga Continues..
- Congressman Tweets Dickpic: Inspired by Kanye? Or Mannie Fresh? Who knows?
- Woman's work: transporting drugs for rappers
- Jay-Z vs. RapGenius.com: Who's Better at Decoding Jay-Z's Lyrics?
- Lil Wayne Explains Lil Wayne
- Virginia's Finest: Intalek Interview
- Lil B "Charlie Sheen" music video breakdown
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Titty
- Hip Hop & Islam: The Sacred Nexus
- Hell: The Sequel
- RIP Macho Mane - Wrestler, Rapper, Baller
- Thank You Bouillabased God
- "Yonkers" Video Breakdown
- RIP Biggie Smalls (the Rap Genius)
- big boi exclusive: new outkast next?
- Eminem vs. Weezy: Who's the King of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics?
- Lil Wayne and Birdman's Notorious K.I.S.S.
- Was Slug the O.G. Drake?
- The 5 degrees of decadence in "Fashion Rap"
- Either Kanye and Ghostface both sleep head to toe with their respective cousins, or Kanye is biting
- "Get it?" Why do rappers explain their own lines in the Age of Rap Genius?
- Roots, How I Got Over: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- RIP Big Pun
- Rap Genius University: Rhyme Types
- Lulu's son shine: What is Jay-Z talking about in "A Star is Born"?
- Jay-Z, Eminem, and "Renegade": Who Killed Whom?
- Woman sleeps with Nas, Jay-Z, and Allen Iverson; reveals penis secrets
- "I Got More at Stake Than Philly": Reasonable Doubt decoded
- "Can't Knock The Hustle": How Jay-Z Came Up on Ace of Spades
- The Top Ten Verses of 2011
- Introducing RapMetrics™: The Birth of Statistical Analysis of Rap Lyrics
- Rap Genius Interview: Adam Bradley, editor of the Yale Anthology of Rap
- The Game R.E.D. Album Preview
- Wale Attention Deficit: DECODED
- Lil Wayne on Roman's Revenge 2.0: Only One Verse?
- Poll: What are the best "fuck songs" / "love songs" in rap music?
- Wiz & Amber sitting in a tree.. T - A - T - T - O - O - I -N -G
- "Words I Never Said": Lupe Fiasco's Anthem for the Egyptian Revolution?
- ALL of the "All of the Lights"
- Tat My Name On You So I Know It's Real
- Carter IV Preview: Lil Wayne rolling with a cougar
- 420 NEWS: Kid Cudi quits quitting weed
- Lil B album to be called "I'm Gay"
- Hipster Girl Raps "Look At Me Now"
- Prodigy's Book: The Anti-Decoded
- Lupe Fiasco's Long-Awaited Lasers...Cover Art
- Thurnis Haley: Really Into Golf
- Tyler Arrested In L.A.
- Tyler the Creator & Odd Future on Tim Westwood
- Goblin L.A. Concert
- Lil Wayne Carter IV Release Date
- Big K.R.I.T. booed at Highline Ballroom
- Odd Future Is The New Beatles
- "Dreams Money Can Buy" by Drake
- "Return Of Simba" by J. Cole
- FREESTYLE BATTLE: Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly
- Annals of the Rap Orientalist: Talk of Money in Rap
- "Acura Integurl" by Frank Ocean
- "She Wanna Have My Baby" by The Game
- Kendrick Lamar "Hiii Power" Music Video Breakdown
- "Marvins Room" by Drake
- "Everywhere I Go" by 2Pac
- "Tree" - Kid Cudi & Wiz Khalifa
- "Loud Noises" by Bad Meets Evil
- 2Pac on Intellectual Property
- "Ronald Reagan Era" by Kendrick Lamar
- Detox - July 26 Release Date?
- Lil Wayne: "Dear Anne" Lyrics Explicado..
- "Her Room" by Teyana Taylor
- Interview - Indie Artist "b.a.sick"
- Obama sings "Let's Stay Together"
- MO Purp please! New music from Alex Wiley, Kembe X and Chance the Rapper
- Hip Hop's Hero's Hubris?: RG Introduces Asaad
- Lupe Fiasco (and Big Sean) - "Wait for Me"
- Drake Interview
- Lyrics to Tyga's Well Done 2 Mixtape
- Norwegian Mass Murderer Hates Hip-hop
- The Bullitts X Jay Electronica MOOVIE
- "I'm On One" lyrics – Tyga
- "Oh My Remix" lyrics – DJ Drama
- Odd Future in Germany
- MeLo-X = Sade + The Weeknd
- J Cole Breaks Down His Album Title
- Soulja Boy: The Movie (Trailer)
- "Trouble on My Mind" lyrics – Pusha T
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain says farewell
- "I'm On One Freestyle" lyrics – Chamillionaire
- What's Wrong With John Galliano?
- Tyler The Creator Bonds With Tim Westwood
- Oh Mercy Me: New Music & An Artist to Watch
- "Uncle Otis" lyrics – The Game
- Consequence's "Pusha T Diss"
- Frank Ocean on "Watch The Throne".. Good Move? Bad Move?
- Rap Genius Reviews Dreams and Nightmares
- Jetlifer SinnersRemorse Reviews Curren$y's Priest Andretti
- Nardwuar Interviews Casey Veggies
- MJ Faded Way: Perfect
- Big Sean Arrested
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain spits a fire freestyle
- Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y x Big Sean = STONER MIXTAPE OF THE CENTURY
- Cam'ron Threatens iTunes
- Black Hippy Interview
- Watch The Throne (Snippets)
- Birdman Forbes Interview
- NEW MUSIC: "Hotel" by NRK (Nobody Really Knows)
- Watch The Based
- In the Zone: Jay-Z and Kanye West Live at Bank Atlantic Center
- EARL IS FREE!
- Rap Genius Editor Teaches Kreayshawn Makeup Techniques
- INSIDE GAME: The Making of Martians vs Goblins
- Rap Genius of the Month: Touré
- Kreayshawn's Ballinest Fan? Drake
- A$AP FERGENSTEIN: on the origins of "A$AP"
- "Watch The Throne" Preview
- Ambition 2: BEHIND THE SCENES
- J Cole on How Jay-Z REALLY Feels About "Cole World: A Sideline Story"
- Game's track-by-track breakdown of the Red Album
- Jay-Z 101 at Georgetown University
- Young Dr. Dre on TV!
- Drake care...
- Lil B's "I'm Gay"
- #Ambition (cover)
- Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell Cover
- BEEF: Fox News vs. Jon Stewart (& Common)
- Young Jeezy's TM103: Hustlerz Ambition Review
- Siri vs Biggie
- Bad Meets Evil on Fuse TV at Bonnaroo
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Cyhi is an Otis Fan
- N***AWATCH 2011: V-Nasty Calls A Black Man "N***a" In A Fight
- Mac Miller "Blue Slide Park" Tracklist
- Q: what will be this year's MOST MEME Halloween costume?
- MMG loves lyrics just like RG
- RUH ROH: Tyler the Creator Arrested (Again)
- NEW VIDEO: Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"
- RG RANCH SXSW RECAP (part 2)
- Introducing the Rap Genius Artist in Residence: The Black Cobain Experience
- 13 YEAR OLD KENDRICK LAMAR WISHES HE HAD RAP GENIUS
- TDE on Tour & Too funny
- Southern Boys Collide: Big KRIT & Yelawolf collaboration coming soon
- Rap Hoods - Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Big K.R.I.T. goes live from the underground and gets verified with RapGenius
- Lupe is a rap god but also human
- ras kass keeps it raw
- What is Wayne? The Artist Lives
- New Freshness: Urbana Poppin' Champaign (UPC)
- Ab-Soul Drawing Contest on Rap Genius?!
- Monday Morning with the BRKF$T Club
- Rhyme Spotters: Twinkies
- RIP KING CAPITAL STEEZ
- Artist in Residence: The Confessional, Day One
- Common talks LUV on Rap Genius - Live Ustream!
- first ever freestyled verified explanation (don't ask me how)
- Lupe Fiasco Exclusive world premiere: breaking down "bitch bad"
- Ras Kass Behind the Lines with Rap Genius
- Behind the Bars with RiFF RaFF, part 1
- Behind the Bars with Riff Raff, part 2 (prepare to be enlightened)
- Does Bruno Mars have a space in hip hop?
- Slaughterhouse tells RG what they really think about Black Hippy
- LUPE FIASCO EXCLUSIVE world premiere: Explore Lamborghini Angels
- LUPE IS HERE
- BIG BOI NOW VERIFIED ON RG!
- EXCLUSIVE Lyrics and More From Skyzoo's New *A Dream Deferred* -- UPDATED!!
- What Does Common Think About Rap Genius?
- 2012 BET Cyphers Lyrics: Who spit fire?
- Grand Theft Audio: The Music of San Andreas
- The Importance of Music Education
- big boi RG fan contest: are you big's rap genius?
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 1
- MEEK MILL EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE: Maybach curtains
- Ne-Yo is Now verified!
- Dreadlocks. Rasta?
- Blog fam Interview: AFH - Kendrick Lamar "GRIT"
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 2
- Verified Artist Lushlife is hosting an RG COmpetition
- Joey Bada$$ new single "Unorthodox"
- RANCH RECAP: RG at SXSW part 1
- Rap Genius x BET: Video Breakdown of Stalley's "Fountain of Youth"
- The Fine Art of the Name Drop: From Pac to R.A.
- News Genius Lines of the Week, 05/03/2013
- Kush and Corinthians: Religious Contradictions in Hip Hop
- The Honors English Rap Genius Challenge - CONTEST RULES
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/10/2013
- Skylar Grey x RG x Gigg "Final Warning" Verse Contest
- Young and Beautiful: The Anomaly That is Lana Del Rey
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/17/2013
- The 7 Stages of Yeezus: From "Through the Wire" to "I Am a God"
- "Jimmy's Back": A Documentary about Mass Incarceration by Dice Raw
- Why Kanye Chose No Album Artwork
- Top 10 Whistleblowers
- Wale Contest: Unlock the Meaning Behind The Gifted Lyrics and Win!
- Artist in Residence: Making of "The Recipe" freestyle w/ Black Cobain
- Honors English Lyrics Challenge Coming Soon - Sneak Peak
- TV Night at Cam's
Twitter has brought us several beautiful moments throughout the years. 2010 was responsible for giving us this timeless Lil B tweet and my personal favorite meme: Hurts When Breathe. As 2011 comes to an end, I wanted to go back and revisit some of my favorite Twitter moments.
Reminisce shall we?
Wale vs Kola Boof
Think about the IMAGES in Wale's videos....and then look at why Nigerian kids, both male & female, want to skin bleach. HIS VIDEOS!! partly
— Kola Boof (@KolaBoof) May 23, 2011
@Loyalitv WALE IS a fucking Nigger. That's what he is. And so are millions of other Self-hating Black Men. And I'm African Woman saying it
— Kola Boof (@KolaBoof) May 24, 2011
Wale would reply back to Kola in his typical passive aggressive nature by subtly bringing up her sexual promiscuity with the Al Qaeda leader
And @kolaboof thinks that because she contributed to writing a few books, that she can talk down to me. With all due respect ms....
— Wale Folarin (@Wale) May 23, 2011
@kolaboof I can sit up here and say you were porking terrorist...like a lot of your peers say. But I'd rather not, because I'm ignorant to..
— Wale Folarin (@Wale) May 23, 2011
@kolaboof whatever relationship you had with Ol' Boy. ..and my ignorance to THAT particular subject will keep me quiet. W/ that said u shd 2
— Wale Folarin (@Wale) May 23, 2011
It would go back and forth for the better part of two days before it eventually fizzled out. However, Wale got the last laugh when he spit the following on Uhhnnh (Full Version):
Tyler and Frank Ocean vs Chris Brown
I loathe Chris Brown with every fiber and sinew in my body. He is a despicable human being who I will never support. With that said, he tried his best here, but picking a fight on Twitter with Odd Future is like trying to talk about racial equality with Das Racist… you’re just going to get laughed at and not really understand how bad you are actually losing. When Tyler the Creator breaks out the “soup” references I remember cracking a smile. Also, why is Game intervening here? Doesn’t his relevance depend on dissing people?
A month later some of Chris Brown’s cuzzos would chase down Frank Ocean (who is in a MUCH nicer car than theirs) and proceed to yell “Catch the fade” at him while navigating the streets of L.A. It’s so pathetic and makes Chris Brown look doubly stupid since these people are his family.
Frank would then put this final statement about the Twitter beef on his Tumblr (with accompanying video):
“i never went to anyone’s dance rehearsal looking for anyone. in fact, i didn’t even know you could find gangsters at dance rehearsals. but it’s resolved. all is seemingly well. this isn’t worth escalating any further. just had to put this on my timeline as a memorial of some of the weakest shit i’ve experienced in this business so far.”
Odd Future: 1
Chris Brown: -5
Tyrese and Pandora
One silly typo or dumb question… that’s all it takes for Twitter to ruin your digital existence. We all know and love Tyrese. We all secretly sing Sweet Lady while we are using our loofahs in the shower. Tyrese expresses his appreciation of a mysterious woman named “Pandora” who is always tweeting about his music, and exemplifies the cliche “Ignorance is bliss.”
Pandora.. Whoever you are!! Thank you!! I get tweets about you playing my music all the time!!
—Tyrese Gibson (@Tyrese) Aug 11, 2011
The “Pandora” person in question is, of course, the music site that allows you to create customized radio stations of your favorite artists and not a person. Shouts to Tyrese though… only dude who has ever done a song with 2Pac (Never Call U Bitch Again, Chingy (Pullin Me Back and Da Brat (What'Chu Like. His resume weighs a ton.
Rihanna vs Ciara
There aren’t many things better in the world than when two chicks go at it. However, it’s also equally as great when they just trash talk each other. Women are so underhanded and cruel when they get into arguments with other females. Plus, all the guys around the commotion are just praying that they fight and a titty pops out… sweet, sweet titties… Unfortunately, there were no titties that popped out in this altercation. Buuuuuutttttt after Ciara said some negative things about Rihanna’s attitude, the pop princess sent out some #SubTweets before telling Ciara that she ain’t buying her wolf tickets.
The Few Times Kanye West Tweeted
Kanye used to tweet ferociously… and it was all gold. From complaining about cherub imagery on his Persian rugs to having to worry about mysterious water bottles, Kanye West was an endless supply of humor. After Taylorgate he withdrew from social media platforms this year and only tweeted sparingly (usually to promote something). However, he still supplied us with a handful of quality West-isms in 2011.
Sometimes I fuk with my Timbs on
— Kanye West (@KanyeWest) Feb 1, 2011
I just threw some bassoon on this muthafucka
— Kanye West (@KanyeWest) Jan 23, 2011
This hotel room got the kid sized Patron bottles.. #Thepatronyougiveyokids
— Kanye West (@KanyeWest) Jan 20, 2011
Room service uuuuugh! I hate when I order fruit and I can taste the other food they cut with the same knife. Beef flavored pineapples
— Kanye West (@KanyeWest) Jan 16, 2011
Oh, and you can get this person to embroider your favorite Kanye tweets and hang them up in your house. I inquired if she could embroider ANY tweets (I’m trying to get Marc’s “The girl with the Drag-On tattoo” one done up properly). She said yes, but that she had a high demand and I would have to be placed on a waiting list. :( Still, this type of thing exists in the world.
Tyler and Lil Zane
I live for moments like this on Twitter: a perfect digital storm that brews and converges at just the right time with just the right people with just the right words being said…
That’s exactly what happened one fateful day in April when Tyler The Creator was doing his usual Twitter grandstanding with a string of Lil' Zane tweets (ex: Lil Zane climbed Mt. Everest — twice, Lil Zane beat Rihanna Chris Brown just took all the credit) resulted in Zane saying ‘what’s Gucci,’ an instant classic internet phrase, and then Lil Zane became a trending topic across the world. This is what Twitter was made for.
Honestly surprised Tyler isn’t too young to even remember Lil Zane
This encounter is without a doubt one of the best moments in the history of Twitter. After this, the value of a signed Lil Zane wave cap tripled.