Our best posts
- IllumiNOT-Me: 10 Ways Rappers Deny Being in the Illuminati
- Kanye West Is Not a Jackass
- From Art Basel to Art Yeezy: Kanye's "New Slaves" Projections as Contemporary Art
- Slap Genius: Hip Hop's Best Slaps
- Top 50 Songs of 2013 // January - June
- When Hip Hop Goes to Court: Rap Lawsuits and Music Law
- She’s Just Being Miley... and Every Other Pop Star in American Music History Ever
- Trap Geniuses: Why Selling Rap is like Selling Crack
- Why No One Has Killed Your Favorite Rapper
- The Rapper's Flow Encyclopedia
- The Beastie Chronicles — I
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations
- Verse to Verse: Arcade Fire
- Top 10 Television Theme Songs
- Verse to Verse: Jay-Z
- Verse to Verse: Kanye West
- Rap Genius Presents: The Top 100 Rap Songs of 2012
- Scarface: The Holy Bible of Rap Music
- Great Expectations: The RapGenius Guide to Rap Albums in 2013
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations of 2013
- The Personification of Hip-Hop
- NEW VIDEO from the latest verified rapper on Rap Genius: 50 Cent
- NAS INTERVIEW: why Nas wants to explain his own lyrics on Rap Genius
- Rappers Crying
- Showing Our Poetry Love
- POETRY GENIUS: How To Read And Why
- Life is Good's Future Impact
- GODFATHERS OF RAP GENIUS: Ben Horowitz Interviews Steve Stoute
- Rap Genius Explanation Competition
- The Top 5 People Rappers Reference
- RapGenius Ranks the First Half of 2012
- Hannibal Buress: First Comedian Verified on Rap Genius
- Bricks to Billboard, Grams to Grammys: Rap Genius' Top 25 Jay-Z Verses
- Who's this new Bada$$ kid???: A UK Perspective
- RGU Lesson Two: Me and the Devil Blues
- A$AP ROCKY INTERVIEW: Maboo v. Nardwuar
- RGU Lesson One: The Signifyin' Monkey
- What Does Trust Mean in the Rap Game?
- Professor Rapper: 7 Uncommon Black History Facts as Told by Kendrick Lamar
- Bragging in Hip Hop
- Inside the Lines with RZA: Part 1
- Rap Genius goes Inside the Lines with Mac Miller
- Interview With B Horowitz: RG Verified Blogger
- Rap Genius Nas interview PREVIEW
- An Open Letter from Donald Glover
- Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong.
- Operation Free Earl
- Rap vs. Ronald Reagan
- Rap Genius Interviews B.o.B.
- Are the fans getting more ignorant?
- Rap Genius of the Month: Big Ghostfase
- The Top 10 Mixtapes of 2011
- SUBJECT: Jones, Russel Tyrone
- Top 100 Rap Songs of 2011
- Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop: An Extensive Analysis
- 30 Rock: On Gunplay and 2Chainz
- What to Expect from Rap Albums in 2012: The RapGenius Guide to Listening Safely in a Hype-Cycled Universe
- The Direction of Hip-Hop
- Five Tips For Unsigned Rappers
- Machine Gun Kelly Inside the Lines
- R.A THE RUGGED MAN AND EMINEM: BEEF, OR NO BEEF?
- Stereo IQ's Top Albums of 2012
- The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama bin Laden loves That "Red Nation" Track MTV Banned
- Rappers' Obsession with Jewish Culture
- The Recent History Of Mixtape Trolling
- Dear Shyne, Ask Yourself: 'What Is A Classic Album?' Ya Bish!
- My Philosophy on Socrates References in Rap
- Is The Rap Game Pretentious?
- Is Pete Rock's Disappointment Justified?
- WTF is a Basquiat?
- Rap Genius Political Appointees 2012
- "Triple Beam Dreams": A Reinvigoration of Tradition
- You Can't Rap, But You Can Make A Song
- "Six Minutes, Slim Shady, You're On"
- Retrospect for Lu: One Year Later...
- Black Star: Let's ALL Get Down!
- Rap Geniuses of the Month: Kembe X / Alex Wiley
- Top 10 Lines From Drake's "Take Care"
- Freak Wit It - The Five Greatest Censored Versions of Hip Hop Songs
- Inside the Rappers Studio: A Witty Nicki Minaj?
- Can’t Wait To Be King: If J. Cole Really Were Simba
- Fuck You; Pay Me (By Not Buying My Music)
- All in the Name of P***Y: 7 Women Who Made Fresh Beef Into Poison Meat
- Don’t Become a Rapper If: A Checklist
- Rappers: They're Just Like Us!
- Is it right to hate fame?
- Introducing the Rap Map™ - your guide through the gangsta terrain of the planet
- Lupe Fiasco: The Proust of Rap
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For The Hip Hop/Music Lover
- Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor: All the Lyrics Explained
- Hella Based: The Many Faces of Lil B
- Kill Whitey: Top 10 Corporate Greed Rap Lyrics
- Which Throne are You Watching?
- Common: "A Letter To The Law" Video Breakdown
- I Think I'm Turning Japanese: Rap's Infatuation With Benihana
- Eatbox: rappers eat pussy sometimes, too
- Tyler the Creator - Goblin
- Selena Gomez does Birthdays, Biebers, and Beats in her new album Stars Dance
- Wale: The Antithesis of J. Cole
- The Five Nastiest, Most Explicit Sex Scenes in Rap History
- Track-by-Track Guide to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- Eminem's Infinite Explained
- Wax: From YouTube To Def Jam
- MCA Keeps Rocking in the Afterlife
- My Kingdom For A Platinum Football Field
- Liquid Swords: Rap Genius on the Rap Genius
- Joey Bada$$ & Kendrick Lamar: This Generation’s Biggie & Pac? : A UK Perspective
- Bad Meets Evil Hell: The Sequel Lyrics
- Kirk Knight Shines on Summer Knights: A UK Perspective
- Tyler gets pizzunked
- That Shit Cray: Top Ten Meme Lines of the Year Thus Far
- THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP (as told by Rap Genius)
- Big Sean's "Finally Famous"
- ALL of Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" Explicado
- Rap Genius in the OED
- "These n*ggas be mad -- that's why they stay hating" : Thoughts on V-Nasty
- 2011's Best Twitter Moments
- Frank Ocean Nostalgia Ultra - all the lyrics explained
- Rage Against the Machine: Rap, Rock and Revolution
- International Underground: Hip Hop as Global Rebel Music
- Curren$y's Weekend At Burnie's Syncs With The Film
- ENTER THE WU: 36 Chambers
- Big Sean is Finally Famous...boiiiii
- "Don't Ask Me How": The Elusive TRIPLE Entendre in Hip-Hop
- Lil Wayne Carter 4 Cover
- Rap Genius LLP: A NEW Legal Service for the Rap Community
- Curren$y "Covert Coup": All The Lyrics Explained
- Belief in Based God
- Al Qaeda / Taliban rap paper plate awards: a discussion of Jihadi references in rap lyrics
- Excerpt: They call me Jay Electronica
- An Intro to Break Beats
- One Love. Elzhi's "Elmatic"
- Rappers and the Alphabet: A Romance on the D.L.
- The Many Nicknames of Tyler, the Creator
- Rap Genius Watch The Throne Cover
- Raponomics: Top Ten Foreign Currency References Of All Time
- Tyler, The Creator vs. Woody Allen
- Interview With Jay-Z's Financial Biographer: Rap Genius Editor SnoopZoggyZogg
- Notes on "Ready To Die"
- Top 25 Rap Albums of 2011
- Nas interview PREVIEW
- Crooked I Decodes Crooked I
- Nas, Illmatic: All the lyrics to every song explained
- Lupe Fiasco's LASERS
- Wiz Khalifa: probably fucked your bitch
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Despot reveals a supergroup and gives his fans a SPECIAL MESSAGE!
- The Classic Yo! MTV Raps Returns, One Night Only!
- A Modest Proposal: Why those white-bread, hella suburban rappers matter
- We Found Earl!
- Dominic Strauss Khan & Ghostface
- Adrien Brody Reciting 10 Crack Commandments
- Pass Through, Ghost-like: A Multi Before I Die Mixtape
- On "Blue Slide Park": A Review of Moderate Proportions
- Subliminal Satanic Messages in Jay-Z
- Kendrick Lamar - #Section.80
- XV Reasons Why XV's The Next Big Thing
- Jay-Z: "Rap Is Poetry"
- Cadence & Flow -- A Study in MMG
- Hip-Hop's TECHNOlogic Revolution
- Most commonly misheard rap lines
- Kanye in Paris
- Rhyming Words with Themselves, sort of: Top Ten Homophone Rhymes of All Time
- Gil Scott Heron - Father of Rap
- Tyler the Creator: Tron Cat
- An Open Letter Regarding OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)
- Kanye & Pharrell at Design in Miami: Breaking Down Understanding and Rap Genius
- Interview: Vince Staples
- Donald Glover Interview: "What the fuck is a Childish Gambino?"
- Religion in Hip Hop: A RapGenius Overview
- M-m-m-maybach Music
- "Tastes like Swag": Cooking with Lil B (Part1: Wonton Soup)
- Bad Meets Sequel?
- "Well I Guess, This Is My Dissertation" - Notes on Graduation
- StereoIQ Lines of the Week: July 30-August 7
- Osama Got Popped..
- DIY: Turning the RG shirt into an RG Lady-Tee
- Fabolous "I'm Raw": A Close Reading
- Dre - Is Detox coming?
- Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" Music Video
- ALL the lyrics to Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Explained
- Fabolous SOUL Tape
- Rap Genius of the Month: Don Trip
- Rap Genius on German MTV!
- Curren$y Interview With DDS
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" lyrics – Jason DeRulo
- Rappers: Suckered by Obama's Charm, Just Like the Rest of Us...
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song decoded
- Hip-hop Superbowl: Black and Yellow vs Green and Yellow
- I Love Hip-hop, But...Part I
- Interview with producer and OFWGKTA affiliate BrandenBeatBoy
- V-Nasty Saying The "N-Word"
- Jay-Z on Biting Biggie's Rhymes
- All of the Lights: Seizure-tastic
- Pusha's "Fear of God" Mixtape: Don't Be Scurred
- Eminem, Recovery: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Psychiatrist Advises Degenerate Geniuses to "Check Your Head"
- "Well I guess, this is my dissertation"- Graduation: Decoded
- Drake, Thank Me Later: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained
- "Empire State of Mind" video breakdown
- Cole Summer Saga Continues..
- Congressman Tweets Dickpic: Inspired by Kanye? Or Mannie Fresh? Who knows?
- Woman's work: transporting drugs for rappers
- Jay-Z vs. RapGenius.com: Who's Better at Decoding Jay-Z's Lyrics?
- Lil Wayne Explains Lil Wayne
- Virginia's Finest: Intalek Interview
- Lil B "Charlie Sheen" music video breakdown
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Titty
- Hip Hop & Islam: The Sacred Nexus
- Hell: The Sequel
- RIP Macho Mane - Wrestler, Rapper, Baller
- Thank You Bouillabased God
- "Yonkers" Video Breakdown
- RIP Biggie Smalls (the Rap Genius)
- big boi exclusive: new outkast next?
- Eminem vs. Weezy: Who's the King of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics?
- Lil Wayne and Birdman's Notorious K.I.S.S.
- Was Slug the O.G. Drake?
- The 5 degrees of decadence in "Fashion Rap"
- Either Kanye and Ghostface both sleep head to toe with their respective cousins, or Kanye is biting
- "Get it?" Why do rappers explain their own lines in the Age of Rap Genius?
- Roots, How I Got Over: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- RIP Big Pun
- Rap Genius University: Rhyme Types
- Lulu's son shine: What is Jay-Z talking about in "A Star is Born"?
- Jay-Z, Eminem, and "Renegade": Who Killed Whom?
- Woman sleeps with Nas, Jay-Z, and Allen Iverson; reveals penis secrets
- "I Got More at Stake Than Philly": Reasonable Doubt decoded
- "Can't Knock The Hustle": How Jay-Z Came Up on Ace of Spades
- The Top Ten Verses of 2011
- Introducing RapMetrics™: The Birth of Statistical Analysis of Rap Lyrics
- Rap Genius Interview: Adam Bradley, editor of the Yale Anthology of Rap
- The Game R.E.D. Album Preview
- Wale Attention Deficit: DECODED
- Lil Wayne on Roman's Revenge 2.0: Only One Verse?
- Poll: What are the best "fuck songs" / "love songs" in rap music?
- Wiz & Amber sitting in a tree.. T - A - T - T - O - O - I -N -G
- "Words I Never Said": Lupe Fiasco's Anthem for the Egyptian Revolution?
- ALL of the "All of the Lights"
- Tat My Name On You So I Know It's Real
- Carter IV Preview: Lil Wayne rolling with a cougar
- 420 NEWS: Kid Cudi quits quitting weed
- Lil B album to be called "I'm Gay"
- Hipster Girl Raps "Look At Me Now"
- Prodigy's Book: The Anti-Decoded
- Lupe Fiasco's Long-Awaited Lasers...Cover Art
- Thurnis Haley: Really Into Golf
- Tyler Arrested In L.A.
- Tyler the Creator & Odd Future on Tim Westwood
- Goblin L.A. Concert
- Lil Wayne Carter IV Release Date
- Big K.R.I.T. booed at Highline Ballroom
- Odd Future Is The New Beatles
- "Dreams Money Can Buy" by Drake
- "Return Of Simba" by J. Cole
- FREESTYLE BATTLE: Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly
- Annals of the Rap Orientalist: Talk of Money in Rap
- "Acura Integurl" by Frank Ocean
- "She Wanna Have My Baby" by The Game
- Kendrick Lamar "Hiii Power" Music Video Breakdown
- "Marvins Room" by Drake
- "Everywhere I Go" by 2Pac
- "Tree" - Kid Cudi & Wiz Khalifa
- "Loud Noises" by Bad Meets Evil
- 2Pac on Intellectual Property
- "Ronald Reagan Era" by Kendrick Lamar
- Detox - July 26 Release Date?
- Lil Wayne: "Dear Anne" Lyrics Explicado..
- "Her Room" by Teyana Taylor
- Interview - Indie Artist "b.a.sick"
- Obama sings "Let's Stay Together"
- MO Purp please! New music from Alex Wiley, Kembe X and Chance the Rapper
- Hip Hop's Hero's Hubris?: RG Introduces Asaad
- Lupe Fiasco (and Big Sean) - "Wait for Me"
- Drake Interview
- Lyrics to Tyga's Well Done 2 Mixtape
- Norwegian Mass Murderer Hates Hip-hop
- The Bullitts X Jay Electronica MOOVIE
- "I'm On One" lyrics – Tyga
- "Oh My Remix" lyrics – DJ Drama
- Odd Future in Germany
- MeLo-X = Sade + The Weeknd
- J Cole Breaks Down His Album Title
- Soulja Boy: The Movie (Trailer)
- "Trouble on My Mind" lyrics – Pusha T
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain says farewell
- "I'm On One Freestyle" lyrics – Chamillionaire
- What's Wrong With John Galliano?
- Tyler The Creator Bonds With Tim Westwood
- Oh Mercy Me: New Music & An Artist to Watch
- "Uncle Otis" lyrics – The Game
- Consequence's "Pusha T Diss"
- Frank Ocean on "Watch The Throne".. Good Move? Bad Move?
- Rap Genius Reviews Dreams and Nightmares
- Jetlifer SinnersRemorse Reviews Curren$y's Priest Andretti
- Nardwuar Interviews Casey Veggies
- MJ Faded Way: Perfect
- Big Sean Arrested
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain spits a fire freestyle
- Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y x Big Sean = STONER MIXTAPE OF THE CENTURY
- Cam'ron Threatens iTunes
- Black Hippy Interview
- Watch The Throne (Snippets)
- Birdman Forbes Interview
- NEW MUSIC: "Hotel" by NRK (Nobody Really Knows)
- Watch The Based
- In the Zone: Jay-Z and Kanye West Live at Bank Atlantic Center
- EARL IS FREE!
- Rap Genius Editor Teaches Kreayshawn Makeup Techniques
- INSIDE GAME: The Making of Martians vs Goblins
- Rap Genius of the Month: Touré
- Kreayshawn's Ballinest Fan? Drake
- A$AP FERGENSTEIN: on the origins of "A$AP"
- "Watch The Throne" Preview
- Ambition 2: BEHIND THE SCENES
- J Cole on How Jay-Z REALLY Feels About "Cole World: A Sideline Story"
- Game's track-by-track breakdown of the Red Album
- Jay-Z 101 at Georgetown University
- Young Dr. Dre on TV!
- Drake care...
- Lil B's "I'm Gay"
- #Ambition (cover)
- Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell Cover
- BEEF: Fox News vs. Jon Stewart (& Common)
- Young Jeezy's TM103: Hustlerz Ambition Review
- Siri vs Biggie
- Bad Meets Evil on Fuse TV at Bonnaroo
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Cyhi is an Otis Fan
- N***AWATCH 2011: V-Nasty Calls A Black Man "N***a" In A Fight
- Mac Miller "Blue Slide Park" Tracklist
- Q: what will be this year's MOST MEME Halloween costume?
- MMG loves lyrics just like RG
- RUH ROH: Tyler the Creator Arrested (Again)
- NEW VIDEO: Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"
- RG RANCH SXSW RECAP (part 2)
- Introducing the Rap Genius Artist in Residence: The Black Cobain Experience
- 13 YEAR OLD KENDRICK LAMAR WISHES HE HAD RAP GENIUS
- TDE on Tour & Too funny
- Southern Boys Collide: Big KRIT & Yelawolf collaboration coming soon
- Rap Hoods - Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Big K.R.I.T. goes live from the underground and gets verified with RapGenius
- Lupe is a rap god but also human
- ras kass keeps it raw
- What is Wayne? The Artist Lives
- New Freshness: Urbana Poppin' Champaign (UPC)
- Ab-Soul Drawing Contest on Rap Genius?!
- Monday Morning with the BRKF$T Club
- Rhyme Spotters: Twinkies
- RIP KING CAPITAL STEEZ
- Artist in Residence: The Confessional, Day One
- Common talks LUV on Rap Genius - Live Ustream!
- first ever freestyled verified explanation (don't ask me how)
- Lupe Fiasco Exclusive world premiere: breaking down "bitch bad"
- Ras Kass Behind the Lines with Rap Genius
- Behind the Bars with RiFF RaFF, part 1
- Behind the Bars with Riff Raff, part 2 (prepare to be enlightened)
- Does Bruno Mars have a space in hip hop?
- Slaughterhouse tells RG what they really think about Black Hippy
- LUPE FIASCO EXCLUSIVE world premiere: Explore Lamborghini Angels
- LUPE IS HERE
- BIG BOI NOW VERIFIED ON RG!
- EXCLUSIVE Lyrics and More From Skyzoo's New *A Dream Deferred* -- UPDATED!!
- What Does Common Think About Rap Genius?
- 2012 BET Cyphers Lyrics: Who spit fire?
- Grand Theft Audio: The Music of San Andreas
- The Importance of Music Education
- big boi RG fan contest: are you big's rap genius?
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 1
- MEEK MILL EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE: Maybach curtains
- Ne-Yo is Now verified!
- Dreadlocks. Rasta?
- Blog fam Interview: AFH - Kendrick Lamar "GRIT"
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 2
- Verified Artist Lushlife is hosting an RG COmpetition
- Joey Bada$$ new single "Unorthodox"
- RANCH RECAP: RG at SXSW part 1
- Rap Genius x BET: Video Breakdown of Stalley's "Fountain of Youth"
- The Fine Art of the Name Drop: From Pac to R.A.
- News Genius Lines of the Week, 05/03/2013
- Kush and Corinthians: Religious Contradictions in Hip Hop
- The Honors English Rap Genius Challenge - CONTEST RULES
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/10/2013
- Skylar Grey x RG x Gigg "Final Warning" Verse Contest
- Young and Beautiful: The Anomaly That is Lana Del Rey
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/17/2013
- The 7 Stages of Yeezus: From "Through the Wire" to "I Am a God"
- "Jimmy's Back": A Documentary about Mass Incarceration by Dice Raw
- Why Kanye Chose No Album Artwork
- Top 10 Whistleblowers
- Wale Contest: Unlock the Meaning Behind The Gifted Lyrics and Win!
- Artist in Residence: Making of "The Recipe" freestyle w/ Black Cobain
- Honors English Lyrics Challenge Coming Soon - Sneak Peak
- TV Night at Cam's
What’s in a name? That which we call a billionaire.
According to a March 2011 calculation, Forbes' magazine stated that there are 1,140 billionaires in the world today, and it goes without saying that none of the members of YMCMB are included on that list.
So how is it that they call themselves billionaires?
While it is not uncommon for rappers to overstate their own worth, earnings, and spendings, perhaps collectively YMCMB is in fact worth a billion dollars. Though this is unlikely, let’s explore:
Lil Wayne — $95 Million
As Young Money’s founder and most well-known member, Lil Wayne has amassed a fortune through his music, selling nine albums, six of which have gone platinum. Wayne, being a self-proclaimed Blood gang affiliate, has been known to rock the red, a color born by both the “communist” Soviet Union and our own “socialist” country, the United States of America.
In Jay Sean’s Down (the music video of which a snapshot is shown above,) Lil Wayne takes the name of the track and relates it to the current state of America’s economy. While this could be viewed as mere commentary, it can be assumed that just based on Wayne’s blatant attire (see photo above,) he is in fact expressing discontent with our capitalist society, and perhaps divulging ulterior economist views that we, as listeners, were not aware of prior to this verse.
The lyric may mean that he is lobbying for economic change, while the shirt he is wearing shows both his economic and political views, as the term “communism” refers to both, defined as:
A political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
In We Be Steady Mobbin', however, he is much less subtle…
While socialism and communism are not the same concept, Wayne’s economist views seem to combine the two. One facet in which the two concepts are in accord is that they both believe that the “goods and services produced in an economy should be owned publicly and controlled and planned by a centralized organization:” like YMCMB.
Mack Maine (president) — $11 Million
It is said that in a communist country, it is typical that there would not be a president; however, those communist countries who do in fact have presidents appoint them in an entirely ceremonial manner. Thus, Mack Maine being president of YMCMB must make Lil Wayne the General Secretary, as he is the true leader of the group.
Drake — $15-25 Million
Though web sources indicate that Wheelchair Jimmy nets a mere fifteen million dollars, the rapper himself has proclaimed that he is in fact worth twenty-five million dollars:
Nicki Minaj — $14 Million
Since this is in fact a net calculation, the $20,000+ that Nicki spent on plastic surgery has already been factored in.
Nicki has proclaimed many times that she does what she does for the greater good of Young Money, which is a remarkably communist motive in and of itself:
Nicki could never salute anyone but her Young Money comrades; only they deserve that type of equal salutation. According to the lyric’s explanation, youth dem is Creole for “the guys,” so it is clear that she is referring to the Young Money collective.
Tyga — $1-2 Million
Since this a 2011 estimate, Tyga’s net worth has most likely grown significantly with the year he’s had so far in 2012; in anticipation of his upcoming album Careless World, his hit single Rack City recently went platinum.
Gudda Gudda — $1 Million
Note Gudda’s attire: the red, Cincinnati hat. While one might absentmindedly assume that he’s from Cincinnati, he is actually from New Orleans, which is how he met Lil Wayne. The C, could in fact stand for communism.
A translation of the Communist Manifesto reads:
The less the skill and exertion of strength implied in manual labour, in other words, the more modern industry becomes developed, the more is the labour of men superseded by that of women. Differences of age and sex have no longer any distinctive social validity for the working class.
It can be said that, for lack of a better word, Young Gudda and YMCMB “manifest” this idea to a great extent. While YMCMB represents a modern hip-hop camp, being composed of almost entirely third generation rap artists, it is natural that they exhibit less skill in their lyrics. Take this infamous line from Gudda Gudda:
While is representative of just about anything but lyrical talent, Gudda is also elucidating the notion that “difference of age and sex have no longer any distinctive social validity for the working class.” Thus, holding true to this communist ideal, Gudda is able to “bag” (claim for his own sexual benefit) just about any girl he pleases. Also, artists such as Shannell and Nicki are now able to flaunt their respective singing and lyrical talents (the former of which may be regarded as a strictly masculine ambition) in a both socially and economically equal environment.
It is no secret that Gudda Gudda is an outright supporter of Young Money’s communistic exemplars.
Cory Gunz — $125 Thousand
A lot of people don’t know me and Cory have a cool relationship. Cory is like one of my comrades coming over to Young Money …
According to Wikipedia, “Communists use the term "comrade” as an egalitarian form of address and common title to supporters of communism that replaces hierarchical and gender-based titles."
T-Pain — $30 Million
A long time Konvict music affiliate, T-Pain and Akon have parted ways with the release of Teddy’s fourth studio album, Revolver. Wayne was featured on the single Bang Bang Pow Pow from the album, and this was a precursor to T-Pain’s switch to YME.
Other members of YMCMB:
- T Streets — ~$2 Million*
- Jae Millz — $2 Million
- Lil Chuckee — $1.5 Million
- Shannell — ~$1 Million*
- Lil Twist — 2 Million
- Jay Styles — ~$500,000*
- Torion Sellers — ~$500,000*
- Christina Milian — $4.5 Million
- Short Dawg — ~$1 Million*
Note: The * next to the worth of some artists indicates that it is an estimate, as no online sources have calculated their earnings.
…And this is less than $200 Million: not even close.
Though he’s not technically a member of the collective, he is in fact the grandfather and biggest fan of the organization, so let’s add the #1 Stunna to the equation:
Birdman (C.E.O. — Cash Money Records) — $115 Million
Baby’s weighing in (2012) at a whopping $115 Million; however, it has been said that in his lifetime, not including his personal income/public endorsements, Birdman has grossed $632,503,262.45. While it seems absurd that Birdman could spend over $500 Million in his lifetime, let’s not forget his outrageous penchant for gambling and ludicrous money management (or lack thereof:)
The YMCMB executive reportedly lost $2 million on the Miami Heat when they were upset by the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA finals this year. Despite that, he says he’ll cover his losses by betting bigger on an anticipated boxing match this September between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
Many rappers tend to overshoot most figures when it comes to their revenue, and Birdman has been quoted stating his net worth at around $400-600 Million. While he has in fact made (about) this much money in his lifetime, he has certainly spent a great deal of it. Either he is unaware of the definition of net worth or he is completely unaware of his absurd spending.
Or, perhaps he is indeed making purchases such as the infamous platinum football field.
Cash Money Records is the parent label to YMCMB. Parallelly, Birdman (CEO of Cash Money) is step-dad to Lil Wayne, founder of Young Money Entertainment. It’s a family affair, thus it seems okay to include Cash Money’s total worth, as well:
Cash Money Records:
- B.G. — $8 Million
- Bow Wow — $40 Million
- Brisco — $1.5 Million
- Busta Rhymes– $60 Million
- Cool & Dre– $8 Million
- DJ Khaled — 30.5 Million
- Jay Sean– $2 Million
- Kevin Rudolf — $3 Million*
- Mystikal — $3 Million
- T. Lopez — ~$500,000*
- Glasses Malone — ~$1 Million*
- Israel Cruz — ~$500,000*
And last, ands also least…
Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins — – $1 Million
Tionne Watkins, former member of the group TLC, filed for bankruptcy for the second time in 2011, though she claims she’s owed a quarter of a million in child support. It makes sense that she would join YMCMB’s communist collective, as equal distribution of wealth would naturally be appealing to someone in such massive debt.
Note: The * next to the worth of some artists indicates that it is an estimate, as no online sources have calculated their earnings.
And with that, it is conclusive that in no way, shape, or form, are the members of YMCMB in fact, billionaires. Maybe someday they’ll get there, and it’s possible they already have, for net worths often don’t factor in income received from personal income and endorsements. But let’s be serious, Birdman, Lil Wayne & Co. are a day late, and roughly $550 Million dollars short. Perhaps Baby should have invested his money, instead of betting $5 Million on the Patriots to win (because history does in fact repeat itself.)
While the #1 Stunna himself has proclaimed his net worth to be anywhere from $400-600 Million, it has been rumored that he is in fact worth $700 Million. If this is indeed true, then the Young Money, Cash Money collective is worth: