Is T.I. Still The King Of The South?

XOAnt's photo

Over The Years, T.I. Has Made A Name For Himself For Back To Back #1 Albums, Singles & Grammy’s For The Work He Has Put In. #1 Albums Include King, T.I. vs. T.I.P. & Paper Trail. He Also Won “Best Rap Solo Performance” For What You Know, “Best Rap Sung Collaboration” for My Love, and “Best Rap Performance By A Group Or A Duo” For Swagga Like Us. Since Paper Trail, T.I.P Has Run Into Many Legal Issues Which Also Seemed To Affect His Career. When No Mercy Dropped In 2010 With Lukewarm Reviews, Many T.I. Fans Lost Faith In The ATL Rapper. The Real Question Is…..Is T.I. Still The “King Of The South” Like He Proclaimed Himself Years Ago? Will His Upcoming Album Trouble Man Live Up To His Previous Work? If You DO NOT Believe T.I. Is The King Of The South, Then Tell Me…..Who Is? Also, Look For Trouble Man On December 18th

October 2nd, 2012
BigfootNJ's photo

Fuck no.

October 2nd, 2012

October 2nd, 2012

Yes T.I is still king of the South, I think his discography in coordination with his smooth flow, and lyrics prove it. IT’s too early to claim Big KRIT has surpassed him, even though he probably will sooner rather than later. Also looking forward to anytime T.I releases an album/mixtape.

October 2nd, 2012
Niggins's photo

nah yo. I mean he’ll always be known for it, but he’s been out of the consistent groove of having anthems and such that other people have slowly moved their way into the throne… I mean even Tip said that Wayne is the king of the south. I mean i wonder if he would have said that in like, 2008… I’m not saying Wayne is the king of the south, but i mean he’s up there. I’ll tell you who I think could be up for the king… This isn’t in any order, just naming rappers.

• Krizzle (IMO country king)
  • Juicy J (dude is still banging out anthems and he’s like almost 40)
  • Wayne (obvious reasons…)
  • Jeezy (still making music, but might be too trap for this title)
  • 8ightball [AKA 8Ball from 8Ball & MJG] (for consistency points)

and I know some of ya’ll think it’s too early, but yeah I’m going to mention him anyways because I’ve heard people throw his name into this pile:

• 2 Chainz (feature crazy, club anthem maker, and fucks with everyone in the industry)

Nigs

October 2nd, 2012

Who has the most $ and pull
Jay-Z is the king of NYC cus he makes the most $ and has the most pull for a rapper from there
If TI is still making the most out all rappers from the south then yes. But i hate 2 say it but it might be Ross and MMG

October 2nd, 2012
KJones77's photo

Love T.I., but I don’t think so.

October 2nd, 2012

I like TI, but he was never king of the south. Scarface had and will always have that honor.

October 2nd, 2012

I like TI, but he was never king of the south. Scarface had and will always have that honor

Oi… Were talking about currently. You wouldnt call Nas the best rapper right now would you? Of course Scarface and Andre3000 will always be ahead of T.I but as of right now there is not a more consistent southern rapper in the game.

October 2nd, 2012

I don’t know if I’d call TI consistent or good since what, King? I liked TI vs TIP, but even then he was slipping.

But you’re right, I was reminiscing a bit.

October 2nd, 2012

Paper Trail?

Fuck a Mixtape?

Fuck da City up?

Even no mercy had its highlights.

I mean as I said I expect KRIT to end this discussion within the next year or so, but for now let’s see what TI does on his next album before writing him off.

October 2nd, 2012
Garginator's photo

T.i. My nigga but he’s not on top no more, mix tape flopped, singles from new album have flopped, Trouble Man Finns flop.

No, I’m not a hater, t.i. Is in my top 5 all time plays on last.fm, but he lost it yo. Still makes dope music tho

October 2nd, 2012
CLOUDS's photo

Typing In All Caps + Block Of Text =

October 3rd, 2012

I always wondered why Luda never got considered for that title.

October 3rd, 2012

When you think About OutKast, Scarface, 8Ball & MJG, I don’t know if he was ever the king as advertised. But don’t sleep on Tip. Lil flip had what was left of a career shut down

October 3rd, 2012