Jay says he had a better verse on control.
What you think. I know there was a thread about this but it was populated by shitheads http://pitchfo...
What is this?
I’ve never seen it before, just the other two buttons at the top…
Jay Electronica's upcoming album to be AOTY?
Jay Electronica is supposed to be dropping his album, Act II: Patents of Nobility (The Turn) later thi...
Before there was Jay Z, Ja Rule, and DMX there were these three!!!
This would of been the best collaborative album of the 90’s era Amen to that!
[NEW][FIRE]King Ru$$ track[BASED][FLAMES]
https://soundcloud.com/user511756232/real-1 Think hes penalty boxed, but been stalking him on ktt @P...
Most Anticipated Albums of 2014.
Mine is Army of the Pharaohs-In Death Reborn! Only two more days!
Rediscovering Hip Hop Is Dead. Track by Track Review.
Considering how huge of an impact HHID got, with Grammy speeches by Kanye, all the south rappers respo...
Why is hip hop still considered "black music"?
Been getting pissed off by all the posts I see about people saying hip hop is black music. Espesiciall...
Conscious Trap music
Could conscious trap possible be a new sub genre in hip hop? is this type of music even possible consi...
KIDI - Misunderstood (Happy 4/20; feedback desired)
Lemme know if you like. Thanx for listening. Lyrics up in the song description. https://soundcloud.co...
#QRules page is here!!! (Prepare ur body)
The Time Has Qome Negus http://rapgenius.com/Qrules-qrules-hq-annotated @IllustriousQ @ThaEQsplanat...
Favourite Eminem hooks?
Eminem often sings/raps his own hooks, and has said he spends as much time on his hooks as he does on ...
What is it that people hate with Macklemore
First off, I’m not a fan of his. I just think it’s an interesting topic. No, this isn’t a thread wher...
Is Relapse the most underrated Album ever?
If you go past the accents, this shit was amazing. Recovery, and Encore look like the biggest turd eve...
Aesop Rock Discography
Here is mot of Aesop Rock’s disco. Time to spread the good word while the threads not laggy…
Music For Earthworms
Released in 1996, this was Aesop Rock’s first release and was produced heavily by Dub-L who has worked with a varied of different artists, big names and small. The tape also features the legendary Percee P on a number of tracks. Not many MCs are so lucky to collab with such a man on their first project!
- Abandon All Hope
- Wake Up Call Ft. Percee P
- The Substance
- 89.9FM Nighttrain Promo
- Coward of the Year Ft. Percee P
- Shere Kahn
- Plastic Soldiers
- Troubled Waters
- Appleseed Intro
- Same Space (TheTugboat Complex Part 2)
- Sick Friend
- Hold the Cup
- 1000 Deaths
- Blue in the Face
- Odessa Ft. Dose One
Released in 2000, this his his first major label release off of Mush Records. Once again, Aesop, Blockhead and Omega One handle the production. It also features his first collaboration with Slug) of Atmosphere.
- Commencement at the Obedience Academy
- Big Bang
- I’ll Be Okay Ft. Slug
- Breakfast With Blockhead
- Basic Cable
- Skip Town
- 6B Panorama
- Lunch With Blockhead
- Spare A Match
- Attention Span Ft. Vast Aire
- How to be a Carpenter
- No Splash
- Drawbridge Ft. Dose One
- Dinner With Blockhead
- The Mayor and the Crook
Released in 2001 and hailed as one of Aesop’s best albums, is is second major release and third album. It was also his first release on Def Jux with the same cast of production as the two above. The album follows the day to day trials of working class Americans and has received unanimously positive ratings from critics.
- Save Yourself
- No Regrets
- One Brick Ft. Illogic
- Tugboat Complex Pt 3
- Bent Life Ft. C-Rayz Walz
- The Yes and the Y'all
- 9-5ers Anthem
Released in 2002, this was a follow up EP to his last work Labor Days which received a lot of attention and acclaim. It was his second release on Def Jux and had production from Aesop Rock, Blockhead, label head El-P and Blueprint.
- Night Light
- Nickel Plated Pockets Ft. Vaste Aire
- Alchemy ft. Blueprint
- Forest Crunk
- Bracket Basher
- One of Four (Hidden Track)
Released in 2003, this was Aesop’s 4th album and his third release on Def Jux. This album is the first time the majority of the production is handled by Aesop himself with only a few tracks from Blockhead and El-P.
- Bazooka Tooth
- NY Electric
- No Jumper Cables
- Limelighters ft. Camp Lo
- Super Fluke
- Cook it Up Ft. Party Fun Action Committee
- Wer'e Famous Ft. El-P
- Babies with Guns
- The Greatest Pac-Man Victory In History
- 11:35 Ft. Mr. Lif
- MARS ATTACKS
Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives
Releaed in 2005, this is his third EP and 5th major released, again on Def Jux. Production by Blockhead, Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic. This work is centered around the idea of a 20th century freak show.
- Fast Cars
- Number Nine
- Holy Smokes
- Winners Take All
- Rickety Rackety Ft. Camu Tao & El-P
- Food, Clothes, Medicine
All Day: Nike+ Original Run
Released in early 2007, this was a track commissioned by Nike written and composed solely by Aesop Rock. It follows changing tones in order to simulate the experience of a runner going form place to place through the span of the song.
None Shall Pass
Released a few months later in 2007 was Aesop’s 5th studio album, again with Def Jux. The production is mainly done by Blockhead with tracks from El-P and Rob Sonic as well as himself.
- Keep Off The Lawn
- None Shall Pass
- Catacomb Kids
- Bring Back Pluto
- Getaway Car Ft. Cage and Breeze Brewin
- 39 Thieves
- The Harbor is Yours
- Gun for the Whole Family Ft. El-P
- Five Fingers
- No City
- Dark Heart News Ft. Rob Sonic
- Pigs (Bonus)
Released in 2012, this is Aesop’s return to music after his 5 year absence. Because of the hiatus of his normal label, Def Jux, this was released on Rhymesayers Entertainment. The album was produced entirely by Aesop with scratches and mixes done by Joey Raia.
- ZZZ Top
- Cycles to Gehenna
- Zero Dark Thirty
- Ruby ‘81
- Crows 1 Ft. Kimya Dawson
- Crows 2
- Racing Stripes Ft. Kimya Dawson
- 1000 O'Clock
- Homemade Mummy
- Saturn Missiles
- Gopher Guts
This was a hip-hop supergroup made up of Tame One, Breeze Brewin, Aesop Rock El-P, Cage, Copywrite, Vast Aire, Masai Bey Jakki Tha Mota Mouth, Camu Tao and Yak Ballz. They got their name from a 1970’s left wing group. They released two mixtapes and broke apart after Camu Tao passed away in 2008. Aesop joined the group after the second mixtape so he only appears with them later on as a guest appearance which shall be mentioned later.
This was a hip hop supergroup comprised of Aesop rock, Eyedea, Slug, Blueprint and Sage Francis. They never released a project because of the untimely death of Eyedea but they did released a few tracks and freestyles…
Two of Every Animal
This is a duo of Aesop and Cage that has no release date but was announced in 2010.
Hail Mary Mallon
This is a hip-hop supergroup comprised of Aesop Rock and Rob Sonic as the MCs with DJ Big Wiz on production and has one Project out to date. The group name is a reference to Typhoid Mary
Definitve Jux Presents 4
Are You Gonna Eat That
Released in 2011 as their first collaborative effort and Aesops first project in 4 years.
- Church Pants
- Meter Feeder
- The Poconos
- Breakdance Beach
- Table Talk
- Mailbox Baseball
- Holy Driver
- Plagues and Bacon
This is a duo between Aesop rock and Anti-Folk musician Kimya Dawson. The album Hokey Fright is slated for released later 2012 early 2013 and has two tracks leaked as of Nov 11, 2012.
- Put Your Quarter Up By Molemen ft. Slug and MF DOOM from the album Ritual of The… Revisited and Remastered
- Water by Atoms Family from the album Euphony
- Coma (Remix) by Atoms Family off the album Euphony
- Sinister by Atoms Family Ft Yeshua DapoED from the album Euphony
- Blacklist By Prefused 73 Ft. Mf Doom off the project Vocal Studies + Uprock Narratives
- Take Me To The Basement by The Opus off the project First Contact 001
- Killing Time by Illogic off the project Got Lyrics
- Dry Bones Remix by Oddjobs Ft. Kimani, & Vast Aire off the project “Dry Bones” 12"
- Flesh (Remix) by Atmosphere Ft. I Self Divine, Musab off the project “Godlovesugly” 12"
- Success by Mr. Lif off the project I Phantom
- Delorean by El-P Ft Ill Bill off the project Fantastic Damage
- Secret Agents by Chase Pheonix off the project Cut to the Chase
- Kill Em All Remix by RJD2 off the project Loose Ends
- Final Frontier Remix by RJD2 Ft Blueprint, Murs, Vast Aire off the project The Horror
- Happy Pillz by Murs off the project The End of the Beginning
- Love To Fuck by S.A. Smash off the project Smashy Trashy
- Shut Down by Push Button Objects off the project Ghetto Blaster (Can only find previews online for it)
- Encounter by Blueprint off the project Chamber Music
- Apocalypse Zone by Cryptic One off the project The Anti-Mobius Theory
- Time Capsule by Illogic off the project Celestial Clockwork
- Crooked by Evilnine off the project You Can Be Special Too
- Jet Son by Blockhead Ft Camu Tao off the project Sunday Seance
- Kill Switch By DJ Krush off the project Jaku
- Posse Slash by Vaste Aire Ft Karniege, Breez Evahflowin, Poison Pen off the project Look Mom … No Hands
- Worlds Collide by Rasco off the project The Dick Swanson Theory
- Lo-Fi Funk by Blueprint off the project 1988
- Sabbatical With Options by Prefuse 73 off the project Surrounded by Silence
- Poems 4 Post Modern Decay by Zion I off the project True & Livin'
- Voltronic Instructional Espionage by Grayskul off the project Deadlivers
- Try To Remember by Hanger 18 off the project The Donkey Show Volume 1
- Helium by Vordul Mega Ft J-Smoke off the project Yung World
- Akinesia by Slow Suicide Stimulus off the project *Slow Suicide Stimulus8
- Nuclear 5 by The Presence Ft Karniege, and Masai Bey off the project Common Man’s Anthems
- Left It To Us by Cage Ft El-P, Tame One & Yak Ballz off the project Hell’s Winter
- Take, Hold, Fire by Murs Ft El-P off the project Mo' Mega
- Side Two by DJ Ese Ft Babbletron off the project Side Two
- Run The Numbers By El-P off the project I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead
- The Office By Grayskul Ft Slug off the project Bloody Radio
- SMOKE IF YOU GOT ‘UM by Rob Sonic off the project Sabotage Gigante
- Catch 22 by Grimace Federation off the project Tasted by Chemists
- Borrowedtime by Luckyiam ft. Slug off the project Most Likely to Succeed
- The Dirt And The Filth by Percee P off the project Perseverance
- Dirt by Tobacco off the project Fucked Up Friends
- Lovecraft in Brooklyn by The Mountain Goats off the project Heretic Pride
- Side Two Remix by Cool Calm Pete off the project Loosies — Remixes and Other Oddities
- The Explanation by The Gigantics off the project Die Already
- Diabolical Fun (Remix) By Illogic Ft ft Slug & Zerostar off the project Diabolical Fun
- Low Tide by Dj Signify from the project Of Cities
- Sink Or Swim by Dj Signify off the project Of Cities
- Stand Up by Awol One & Factor Ft Myka 9
- Give It Up By Felt off the project Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez
- Primor by Dark Time Sunhine Ft P.O.S off the project Vessel
- Take My Hand by Dark Time Sunshine Ft Swamburger off the project ANX
contributions to collaborations
- The Tugboat Complex off of Inside Out: Vol. 1
- The Active Element off of the project Ropeladder 12'
- Dead Pan off the project Def Jux Presents 2
- Train Buffer off the project Urban Renewal Program
- Inner City Hustle Ft L.I.F.E. Long off the project Embedded Studios Presents: The Bedford Files
- Numb to the Guns from the project Nature Sounds Presents: The Prof. In… Convexed Sampler
- Dragon Coaster Ft Mojo off the project The Bastard EP 12'
- Miss By A Mile Ft Slug & Eyedea off the project We Came From Beyond, Vol. 2
- All in All from the project Def Jux Presents 3
Ok… listened to ‘Abandon All Hope'
I fought urges to turn it off every 45 seconds or so… I am not converted, I’m sorry.
He’s just not for me lol
^listen to Skelethon
Das his best work
Love Aesop, one of my favorite artists. To me, None Shall Pass is his best, but they’re all really good.
Labor Days is far and away my favorite one of his albums.
couple more —
both from The Next Best Thing
Tomorrow Morning from Ghost Of The Barbary Coast
Puff Tuff — b-side to None Shall Pass
Thorns feat. Eyedea & Slug — outtake from Labor Days
To add on to the list of guest appearances:
- “Late for the Sky” by Evidence ft. Slug from Cats & Dogs (2011)
So that face on Bazooka Tooth is what you had your avi as for the longest time! I can die appeased now. But, anyways…will download all of these.
I know I missed a few, was just tired after all the work I put in.
btw this is also mu submission for stan of year.
Excellent job compiling all of Aesop Rock’s songs! I did the same thing with Elzhi, but your thread is WAY more organized, especially towards the end. I’ll try to turn off Busdriver once in a while and give Aesop Rock a listen, because I’ve seriously been sleeping on him too much.
^ it keeps freezing up on me though
Listened to Skelethon a week or so again and hated it. It’s up (or down?) there with Future’s album for me, haha.
Late For The Sky is pretty much the only Aesop song/verse that I like