Taking music too seriously

BennySwans's photo

I, along with many RG users have went through phases in music going from ignorant of the real to hip-hop elitist and now I’m back into the downswing into where I can tolerate mainstream music and accept it for what it is and not expect lyrical miracles…

But

I still find it very hard to dance to ignorant bullshit ass music tbh. I was at formal tonight and I felt bad for my girl because I just can’t dance to shit like One Direction, Tyga and the like. I don’t want to be that douchebag that’s too cool for dance music but I really can’t handle it and start laughing at how bad it is sometimes tbr.

hashtagrapgeniususerproblems

November 17th, 2012
thankful1's photo

I think it would take a very open minded person to never go through a phase where that kind of music doesn’t bother you at least a little bit — it seems like something every hip/hop fan goes through at some point, and eventually you just learn to accept it or even embrace it. I agree it can be hard to vibe to sometimes though, unless it’s some truly ignant shit in which case it’s much easier for me

I just got back from the danny brown / schoolboy / rocky concert and I was a little put off by how it got twice as loud when schoolboy went off and they started playing “clique.” I have no problem with party music these days but it seems wrong that so-called “fans” care more about hearing that clique dogshit when schoolboy had just finished rapping his and kendricks verses to blessed

November 17th, 2012
BennySwans's photo

I feel you. I mean this was some truly WOAT shit tho. It was a sorority formal so literally fucking 1D, Tyga, Cupid Shuffle, just all wack. I felt bad but like the REALEST it got was Get Low

November 17th, 2012
smashleigh's photo

I know how you feel.

A few months ago I was at a house party where some girl supplied the music playlist.
Nicki Minaj — Superbass was on there like every 5th song, no exaggeration.
After 2 hours, I politely asked her if she had another playlist because of the repeats.
Her reply: ‘'Bring your own fucking iPod if you don’t like the music’‘ …LOL

November 17th, 2012

Man you can have your cake and eat it too, underground shits dope just the same as some of that ignorant banger shit.

November 17th, 2012
Shaneee's photo

Get drunk first.

November 17th, 2012
BennySwans's photo

No I would’ve been fine with ignant banger shit. I’m talking about more the top 40 shit that sorority girls ‘like’. I was ready to smack the DJ tbr. I would never expect underground shit to be played at a party and it wouldn’t even make sense but idk man. I know I’m not elitist as far as this site is concerned, but I’m afraid I may be as far as society as a whole and I’m not sure if that’s really a good thing.

November 17th, 2012
white_boy's photo

Get some liquor in ya, you’ll be head bangin to Flocka in no time

November 17th, 2012

Real talk, fuck anyone who won’t get down to Flocka.

November 17th, 2012

From now on every thread i see like this I’m going to point out how fucked up it is that people forget about quality rappers just because they “evolve” or are no longer “new”

EVERY MOTHERFUCKER ON THIS SITE WILL DOWNLOAD SOUL TAPE 2 AND RATE IT MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR AND JOEY BADASS CAN GRACIOUSLY ACCEPT IS #3 SPOT BECAUSE IF FAB DOESN’T DROP “THERE IS NO COMPETITION” THEN THERE IS NO QUALITY MIXTAPES COMING OUT OF BROOKLYN

/THREAD

November 17th, 2012
BennySwans's photo

I was drunk doe…

November 17th, 2012
smashleigh's photo

You may never like their music, but eventually you’ll come to tolerate it.

But tbh, if I was at a party playing 1D….

November 17th, 2012
white_boy's photo

Well…I don’t know what to say than

November 17th, 2012

Don’t think I’ve met a single person who listens to One Direction, in fact I was unaware of those clowns until I peeped that Pepsi commercial with Drew Brees

November 17th, 2012
BennySwans's photo

Fuck a sorority

November 17th, 2012