Why is the rap game filled with so many fake rappers?

I mean like rappers that all they rap, about is weed, women, cars, and brags about it. I think its sad, that it’s true.

December 12th, 2012
Hellblazer's photo

Every rapper has a moment in their career where they rap about weed, women & cars. Even your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper.

December 12th, 2012
Ace23's photo

What is fake about that?

And this topic has been beaten into the ground, b. You must be new here.

December 12th, 2012

So its fake for a rapper to talk about weed, women, and cars, when those are prominent parts of their lives? You would prefer them pretend like their someone else to be “real”?

December 12th, 2012

Another Rick Ross thread?

December 12th, 2012

It’s not that I prefer them to rap like someone their not, but I’m sayin why is it thats all they talk about, I understand the fact that its part of their lives, but why rap about it everytime. And yes, i’m new here.

December 12th, 2012
TheLegion's photo

Is Tupac one of your favorite rapper ?

December 12th, 2012

I know 2Pac raps about the stuff, but he raps or rapped about other stuff too.

December 12th, 2012

December 12th, 2012

That shit is fun to rap about man. I don’t have women, a car, or smoke much weed, but I’ve def rapped about it for fun at least. Shit is mad awesome man, loosen up.

December 12th, 2012
ApeVigoda's photo

Because let’s be real we all want women and cars. I get where you are coming from. The game is definetly over saturated with bullshit, and all music is these days too. Every now and then there’s that good artist or song that comes up and ppl will pay attention, but that hardly ever happens. I’ve talked about this before and someone was like “Well Marvin Gaye made Ego Trippin' and that’s about money and women and cars”, but my reply was “That’s not something that he ALWAYS did.” There’s a difference between braggin every now and then and EVERY song on the radio or just popular songs in general are all about that.

December 12th, 2012

Well, if you’re asking why do they brag about stuff they don’t actually do, than the better question is why is this world full of “fakes”.

December 12th, 2012
Nimpeo's photo

Yeah, it’d be better if you didn’t use the word “fake”, because that just ruins the point of your post. But I agree, I don’t really like the fact that lots of music these days is bragging. I remember hearing an interview where Slug talked about it. He basically said, “do I, as a grown man need to brag to boost my own confidence?” It’s not like he is insecure about himself or something…

December 12th, 2012

I know a couple of rappers who are really cyborgs

December 12th, 2012