OT: Any good biographies to read??

Im on winter break and with so much free time on my hands Im trying to find some good biographies to read.

P.S.
Ive already read Assata Shakur and Dick Gregory, they’re amazing.

January 2nd, 2013

Empire State of Mind. Also, I really liked Sha Rock’s auto-biography

January 2nd, 2013
XerXes's photo

The Autobiography of Malcolm X, which really should be required reading everywhere. Time magazine included it as one of the ten most important non-fiction books of the 20th century, and it’d be a travesty to miss out on it if you have the ability to read it. Go out and get that.

January 2nd, 2013
sexy-mofo's photo

XerXes beat me to it lol, buy yeah Malcolm X’s if you haven’t yet.

January 2nd, 2013

I don’t know about any biographies, but if you want an interesting read, just do research on The Nation of Gods and Earths. That stuff is mad interesting.

January 2nd, 2013
methus's photo

January 2nd, 2013
Utters's photo

January 2nd, 2013

Oops I should have mentioned Ive read Malcolm X, it was so long ago though.

January 2nd, 2013
Park's photo

Just started this one but it seems good so far. Greatest chess player of all-time. Also one of the craziest men of the 20 Century Cold War era. Nice read of a Brooklyn boy turned master, turned crazy old man on the run.

Also

Book on Rocky Graziano. Absolutely entertaining. Kinda a time capsule of pre and early post-war New York and a New York hard Rock. Old-time fighter who was in the ring with some of the greatest fighters of his era and all-time. Told from his voice and his perspective. Very street.

January 3rd, 2013

@Park End Games seems like a really interesting book, its definitely something I’d read.

January 3rd, 2013

Karl Marx: A Life

Highly recommended. Quite entertaining although it doesn’t even touch on a lot of his work, it is interesting to read about how the man lived and was perceived.

January 3rd, 2013

That actually a really good suggestion for me since Im a poli sci major, its probably a good idea to understand the man and his life before trying to understand his works.

January 3rd, 2013