Opinions on Logic?

CLOUDS's photo

After hearing about him around on the Internet and from someone at school, I decided to download Young Sinatra and Young Sinatra: Undeniable. I’m on track one on Young Sinatra, but what’s y'all’s opinion of him? Song, One, seems okay, nothing really special.

January 5th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

Am loving the production though.

January 5th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

Downloaded and listened to Young Sinatra to see what the buzz was about some months back and I honestly couldn’t really tell you anything about it. Made zero impression on me whatsoever.

January 5th, 2013

I’m prolly one of only 3 people here that actually likes Logic tbh.

January 5th, 2013
Fresh Air's photo

Plenty of people like Logic, I think he’s okay, nothing really special

January 5th, 2013

Inb4James

January 5th, 2013

Logic is a tool (double entendre)

After hearing 500 songs rap genius han’t about logic since I’m from his area, I grew up in the same place he grew up and go to the same high school he went too, having being one of his early fans and knowing him personally from U-stream and messages he’s easily a poor man’s Macklemore/Drake with “witty” punchlines and a half-ass flow, he’s riding off his mixtape hype which includes rapping over old ass irrelevant beats (dead presidents) and referring himself as “Young Sinatra” although he is nothing like Frank Sinatra

Punchlines are the lowest forms of lyricism

-SilkyJohnson

He does have a 10/10 marketing scheme seeing as he has a fan base which fucking blows my mind over. His female fans call them self “bobby soxers” and his male fans refer to themselves as a part of the “Rattpack” which btw is the equivalent of saying you love Pretty Flacko if you’re an A$AP Rocky stan

But you can judge for yourself, download this three mixtapes hosted on datpiff which is the shittiest site ever and listen in order

• Young Broke & Infamous
  • Young Sinatra
  • Young Sinatra:Undeniable
January 5th, 2013

great production, nice flow

but his fucking voice is so annoying

I cant listen to more then a couple songs of his in a row

My favorite Logic song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buZBbyBwCjk

January 5th, 2013

Btw you said you liked his production, search up “6ix” on twitter, he his Logic’s main producer

That and Logic likes to type in “youtube to mp3 converter” in google and rip off classic/old ass beats and use them

January 5th, 2013

I actually like his voice ahaha, he’s got a story and a very polished flow… Also he’s so versatile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPY4BD8IzI&t=3m33s

January 5th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

I’m halfway through Young Sinatra (first one) and I pretty much come to the same conclusion as FreshAir. I wouldn’t say he’s a poor man’s Drake, more like a poor man’s Asher Roth with a lower level of lyricism. He’s aite, but not amazing — probably I’ll be listening to him for the same reasons that people listen to ASAP, mostly for his voice, flow, and production.

January 6th, 2013

He’s good. Could be better. But so can every other rapper. I am a fan.

January 6th, 2013

I’ve listened to all three of his mixtapes and can say I like about 4 of his songs. He’s really nothing special to me, doesn’t stand out from the crown in any way that I can think of.

January 6th, 2013
Krypt's photo

I think he’s alright. He could be better, I think he’s kind of in that awkward stage for an artist when he’s discovering himself as how he wants to sound and all I think. Or towards the end, but that’s just my opinion. I like what he has done on some songs, others, I don’t. I’m fifty-fifty with him

January 6th, 2013

He’s average. His style is similar to that of Mac Miller, Ashter Rosh, Chris Webby and those guys. His lyrics are a tad better than those guys I would say. He could write a good hook, has an okay hook and good production.

He’s dropped a good amount of music after Young Sinatra Undeniable and all of it is pretty bad imo. He’s kind of changing his sound. At first he used Drake beats than he started using some nice 90s style beats now he’s kind of using Mac Miller type beats and using that style.

I liked Young Sinatra Undeniable but not Young Sinatra.

January 6th, 2013