Section 80 V.S Good kid m.a.a.d city

Sketch's photo

i wanna know what you think was better. though both are very good albums i believe section 80 is better because of the whole feel and sound of it was so much different than anything iv'e heard before.i pretty much liked all the songs on section 80 and good kid maad city had a couple songs that i just wasnt feeling and just didnt like that much… section 80 had songs like “Hiii Power” “adhd” “hol up” “fuck your ethnicity” “rigamortis” and i felt that good kid maad city had songs that were good songs but defineatley not as good as the songs on section 80 in my opinion. i love both albums but if i had to vote for 1 of them it would be Section 80

January 12th, 2013

And, once again, it begins…

January 12th, 2013

But if I had to choose… Section.80. In my opinion, the message was more poignant and I think Kendrick flowed a little better. Realistically, I think most people would agree that it’s six in one, half dozen in the other. Both are pretty nice.

January 12th, 2013

gkmc

January 12th, 2013
BBDS's photo

GKMC: 6.5/10
Section 80: 4/10

January 12th, 2013
BBDS's photo

TBH

January 12th, 2013

Section. 80 was alright. GKMC had some shit that actually really impressed me though, that was the better album

January 12th, 2013

BBDS, you’re a fucking retard hipster…..

and TBH GKMC had more replay value but section 80 was a lot deeper, i’d go with section 80.

January 12th, 2013
BBDS's photo

BBDS, you’re a fucking retard hipster…..

I don’t think you understand what a hipster is, and I doubt you can tell if someone’s a hipster or not just on the way he rated two of one singular artists albums

January 12th, 2013

I honestly do think you’re a hipster in my book, I don’t care about anyone else’s book, you gave Section 80 a 4.0, seriously, what shit is that.

January 12th, 2013

I thought people who liked Kendrick were the hipsters? This is all kinds of fucked up.

January 12th, 2013
BBDS's photo

I honestly do think you’re a hipster in my book, I don’t care about anyone else’s book, you gave Section 80 a 4.0, seriously, what shit is that

OMG, someone has a different opinion, he’s obviously a hipster!!!

The reason i gave it a 4 was because of the repetitive, stale, and downright boring production; it was also home to the worst flow of all the projects. His delivery was average at best. And the lines, those got damn corny lines, I just couldn’t stand it. I probably listened to that album 3 times, then promptely deleted it from my music folder.

January 12th, 2013

Section 80 is more lyrical.

Good kid maad city is more well rounded

GKMC>Section 80

January 12th, 2013

You have to give it more insight BBDS, I didn’t like MBDTF at first but after listening to it at the appropriate time I felt it.

January 12th, 2013

[…] it was also home to the worst flow of all the projects. His delivery was average at best.

This I agree with, and it first put me off from Section 8.0 because I was hoping for a more frequent appearance of that strong delivery he’s capable of. Then I learned to appreciate it for what it was, which is what I end up doing with a lot of rap I don’t like at first. I guess it also made the highs on the album that much more entertaining, but in general I sympathize with your point here.

January 12th, 2013