Rap Genius Season 1 (Week 3)

New thread, here’s week 2

Congrats to all ze the winners and to all ze people actually participating!

Copied shit from the blog post here again so that it’s easy to find. Good luck y'all!

• 2 per explanation (gotta be dope)
  • 2 per transcription (without explanations)
  • 4 per transcription (must have at least two dope explanations on it)
  • If you’re going to do transcriptions, not only do they have to be correct for the most part and formatted correctly, but you’ve gotta email me a LIST of the songs you put up so I can check them all and give you points accordingly (tomi@rapgenius.com, link to every song)

Rules:

• No half-ass explanations: if you’re caught trying to cheat the system you will be disqualified
  • Transcriptions must be legit: this will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but if they aren’t good or are too short be prepared to have them not count
  • No upvoting/downvoting bullshit: if you’re caught with a bunch of suspicious upvotes/downvotes or upvoting/downvoting other people to make them look suspicious, you’ll get disqualified (just don’t do it please)
  • No mass deleting another user’s shit just because: if you’re caught being a dick as an editor, deleting someone’s explanations so that you can win, you’ll be de-editored and disqualified
  • Overall, just don’t be a dick and have fun: if you’re caught not having fun, I will be sad for you
  • Participate: if you go 2 weeks without a SINGLE explanation/transcription done, you’re out of the competition (unless you let me know ahead of time)

The way it works:

• At the beginning of each week I’ll make a blogpost similar to this one
  • During that week, you will be facing off against one other user to see who can get the most points
  • The user with the most points at the end of the week when I count up the scores (around midnight EST on the following Sunday) wins
  • The person with the best record at the end of the season wins!

Prizes:

• 1st place: RG stickers + 2 RG shirts + grand prize
  • 2nd place: RG stickers + 2 RG shirts
  • 3rd place: RG stickers + 1 RG shirt

Get at it peepsssss!!!

Week 3:

palacelight
Vs.
Beanhead

Dyaz
vs.
ScopeY

TheTrillHomie
vs.
Frak

SvenTheImmortal
vs.
StephenNiday

Archon
vs.
brockemsockemz

Lotharioo
vs.
englishmime

FanaHOVA
vs.
LameImmaculate

cwmitzel
vs.
12dUbble21

MikeMorg
vs.
Psyonik

Porsborg
vs.
Thurhood

BBDS
vs.
Liquid_NitroJeanne

ashtag2
vs.
thom

pizza-n-mandolino
vs.
y153gqq3rewf

nietzsche
vs.
Mitha

February 4th, 2013
MHealx's photo

scopey #1

February 4th, 2013

analyzing the data I have compiled and I will offer an in depth breakdown.

this weeks predictions are brought to you by the letter Panda

February 4th, 2013
BBDS's photo

R.I.P Dyaz

February 4th, 2013

Updates

Dropped off two more people who weren’t doing shit, gonna drop off the rest next week and readjust the schedule

S/O to BBDS and Liquid for both having over 250 points last week that shit’s impressive to me

Interested to see the outcome of the Dyaz x ScopeY face-off

The likelihood of me updating the blogpost is getting less and less each week, so just keep an eye on your competitor and let me know if anything fishy goes down or any of that type of ish

REMINDER: You get more points if you do 2 explanations on the songs you transcribe. Some easy points if you’re gonna do explanations and transcriptions already anyways!

As usual, good luck, hope everyone’s enjoying it! Let me know if I should make any changes or whatever, feel free to hit me whenever with whatever peeps!

Much love

February 4th, 2013
ScopeY's photo

Sweet, I get to give Dyaz a loss.

February 4th, 2013
Push4Pres's photo

Prepare to take the L, Thurhood

February 4th, 2013

I will never win again

February 4th, 2013

Tomi, why do you hate me so much?

February 4th, 2013

<3

February 4th, 2013

go mike morg

February 4th, 2013
TedMosby's photo

This looks interesting. Is it too late to participate? If so, when will be the next run?

February 4th, 2013
Push4Pres's photo

I’m pretty sure it’s too late. If it is, the next run won’t be until this one is over — which is in 13 weeks

February 4th, 2013

I really wanted to come up with a good Bond response here damn…sorry Bond the mission has expired?

It is too late, but depending on how this one goes I’ll definitely want to do another one, maybe during the summer time or something when people are gonna have a lot more time to go HAM

February 4th, 2013
ashtag2's photo

Are last week’s results up?

February 5th, 2013