^That’s not an unpopular opinion. Kane, Slick Rick, Rakim, Kool G, Chuck D, & KRS-One are almost universally accepted as some of the GOATs.

July 28th, 2013
KoolGee's photo

I think Method Man is a lil overrated and I think Redman is better than him.

July 28th, 2013

MBDTF was one of the best albums of all time.

Childish Gambino is one of the best rappers right now, his punchlines can be corny but are always hilarious. Favourite to listen to by far

July 28th, 2013
P. Stunna's photo

-People like Xzibit, Mystikal, DMX who people think fell off are still dope
-Run DMC were whack
-Lil Wayne before 2008 was amazing
-Yelawolf, Tech N9ne, Ludacris, Pusha T underrated as fuck
-Lil Jon, Mike Will, David Banner, DJ Nasty underrated producers

Sorry if some of my opinions are partial to the south.

July 29th, 2013
BennySwans's photo

Childish Gambino is one of the best rappers right now, his punchlines can be corny

July 29th, 2013

Way to cut off the second part of what I said. “BUT ARE ALWAYS HILARIOUS”

July 29th, 2013

@ TheArkaneone …..That’s embarrassing. Lupe is a shadow of his former self and everyone that has been a fan since his early days understands that.

July 29th, 2013
Bolly's photo

Jay-Z is wayyy overrated, Black Album and Reasonable Doubt are his only good albums, and wouldn’t even call Black Album a classic.

Your gonna hate me but…
Kanye is also pretty overrated, but DTF was good.

Your gonna hate me but…
I used to hate Mac Miller with a burning passion but Watching Movies was a great project with amazing production and much better than Yeezus, Sinner, The Gift, and MCHG, but not better as Summer Knights of course.

Lil Wayne used to be good and has some great features and deserves to be where he is now. But he still needs to get his shit together because his latest albums fucking suck.

I listen to 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Waka Flocka, current Lil Wayne, and Lil B every so often, but only for a laugh.

Your gonna hate me but…
J Cole is extremely boring to listen to.

Limp Bizkit is a good band.

Odd Future is amazing. (Tyler, Earl, Mellowhype, and Domo to be specific.

Your gonna hate me but…
I hate Frank Ocean…

ScHoolboy Q’s lyric are pretty bad and generically themed often. I mainly listen to him for his production, great delivery, and features.

Your gonna hate me but…
ASAP Mob sucks in its majority. ASAP Rocky is amazing and production is amazing, but the rest of the rappers other than Rocky mostly suck IMO.

Hopsin is great.

I listen to Drake.

Your gonna hate me but…
I hate The Weekend

T.I.’s a good rapper.

French Montana is the worst rapper Ive ever heard dead or alive in the history of forever.

July 29th, 2013
edski's photo

I agree with quite a few of those Bolly.

French Montana is a fucking terrible rapper.

July 29th, 2013

Biggie was one of the best ever. Why does he always get lumped together with Tupac like they were of the same caliber?

July 29th, 2013
therealAG's photo

July 29th, 2013

I loved WTT I think when people look back at it 5-10 years from now they will appreciate it

July 29th, 2013
MBTM's photo

blueprint 2 > takeover > ether

July 29th, 2013

The Hiphop industry is full of homosexuals

July 29th, 2013

I think most of the opinions expressed here are pretty popular but whatever. I think Earl Sweatshirt is going to single handedly change the face of the rap game with Doris, although it’s gonna make him significantly more mainstream.

July 29th, 2013