American Gangster vs Magna Carta Holy Grail

Probably Jay Z’s two best albums since the end of his hiatus. I love both albums, although I’ll prolly find myself bumping Magna Carta more.

July 5th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

American gangster, virtually no competition, not much more to say

July 5th, 2013

I’m going to go with American Gangster. AG proved that he could still rap about selling drugs despite being far removed from that lifestyle. People say it’s a rehash of RD, but I say different. American Gangster, was more a long the lines of Jay’s first concept album, and had a lot of 70s influence to it.

July 5th, 2013

MCHG got few tracks were Jay-Z RAPS 4real but not as much as American Gangsta which is mo better lyrically and production when I think bout it and AG had no bad tracks…On MCHG its so blatantly obvious he dumbs down his lyrics for tha $$

American Gangsta wins
A better question would be Black Album vs Blueprint or American Ganster

July 5th, 2013
C_Goomba's photo

So far I only bumped 11 tracks. Either I had a lot of fun slightly bobbing my head listening to it that made time fly by, or the length time of the album is short as fuck for my standards lol
But I like the album. Truly makes up for that WTT embarrassment. I havent listened to AG so I wouldnt know or be able to choose

July 5th, 2013

The only reason why I think I will be bumping Magna Carta more is probably because it just came out. I think I was more happy about AG when I first listened to it than I am bumping MCHG as of now.

July 5th, 2013
Isaiah G's photo

American Gangster literally shits on this album bruh

July 5th, 2013

fuck it…I need to listen to AG again.

July 5th, 2013

American Gangster is the true sequel to Reasonable Doubt, IMO

July 5th, 2013

I like magna carta but american gangster easily is the better album.

July 5th, 2013

AG wins but MCHG is the more “bumpable” album
Like Illmatic is good, Nas’s finest but It was written is way more “bumpable”

July 5th, 2013

Hell Life Is Good is way more bumpable than Illmatic.

July 5th, 2013

American Gangster is actually good sooo…..

July 5th, 2013
Kizman's photo

This song is better than anything on MCHG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luIcriq1B94

July 5th, 2013

MCHG for production, AG for lyrics.

July 5th, 2013