Why was "Nothing Was The Same" a great album in your opinion?

I only listen to it half way through it and found it to be plain. So I am commentless on the topic. But please enlightening me

September 16th, 2013
DOA's photo

it wasn’t.

September 16th, 2013
MTL's photo

Its a solid album, can’t call it bad, but I can’t call it great.

Many of the songs sound the same and the lyrics aren’t that impressive either.

The production was great though, I really liked it.

September 16th, 2013

Judging off my first halfway through experience of the album I definitely felt the same way. The bulk of it is entirely R&B themed. I found the production to be nothing spectacular, and even at times keeps my attention at bay, same with drakes own monotone lyrics, flow, and delivery

September 16th, 2013
gloont's photo

Honestly? Because of All Me. It’s one of the best tracks I’ve heard, ever.
And 2Chainz is on it, so that says a lot. (no offense)

But there are a lot of enjoyable tracks that I’ll probably find better with more listens. I can’t really give a definitive opinion without listening to this shit 4 or 5 times.

September 16th, 2013

For me it’s the kind of album that you don’t really analyse, just float about in the soundscape and shit. The beat changes in so many songs kinda gives it a nice Madvillainy-type feel as well

September 16th, 2013

I don’t want to have a wholly opinion on it since my soul couldnt make it through the rainy day influence that this album had. I had to hop onto a cab omw to my itunes. But really found it to be self music. SO FAR!

September 16th, 2013

All of Drake’s album captured memories and times for that moment, I’ll have to wait for California to really capture any memories with this album.

September 16th, 2013
ptica's photo

Because its better than Yeezus

September 16th, 2013

So you’re telling me that I have to relive a memory, or retain a memory for in order for me to relate and/ or deem the album listenable?

September 16th, 2013

It wasn’t a “Great Album”.It was decent…but definitely fell short of expectations.

September 16th, 2013

Elohim? Have you forgot what music is about, capturing moments and reliving a moment. I bet you only listen to rap for the the technical aspet. Like 9th Wonder said, real hip hop heads don’t only listen to rap.

September 16th, 2013

I enjoy certain songs about poppin champagne and fucking strippers but I ain’t never done that before so therefore I can’t relate, but still I listen. You dont need a song for you to recapture a moment in your life. Your brain does that for you just about everyday without the need of a melody. Dont bring no quotes from 9th round here neither, just cause homie said it don’t mean it gives your words any weight. I listen to music because it is enjoyable

September 16th, 2013
CeQuenCe's photo

So far it’s living up to expectations, of a “Hip-Hop” album. Only on the 9th track though. Some people are expecting too much from Drake, he’s good at the genre he’s in.

I liked Take Care, but this is better already. Just a little repetitive.

September 16th, 2013

Living up to the expectations of a hip-hop album? This is straight R&B guy what were you listening too that I didnt

September 16th, 2013