Happy 7th Anniversary to Lupe's classic "Food & Liquor"

C_Goomba's photo

on 9/19/2006, a talented and soulful Chi-town emcee named Lupe Fiasco dropped an album which most consider to be his best work, and a pinnacle moment in 21st century Hip Hop. While it was at the peak of the “Bling Bling” era Lupe proved to be one of the most lyrical, and positive new comers to stand out on the scene
I remember seeing Kick, Push on MTV’s sucker Free Sundays and just vibin with it.
What are your favorite songs on the album and explain what this album means to you

September 19th, 2013

decent album. definitely not a classic

September 19th, 2013

@macmillerstan are you being serious right now? I hope Lupe releases SLR 4 to diss you. Food And Liquor is the epitome of a modern-day classic.

September 19th, 2013

I would post a picture of the CD I bought when it came out, but some faggot stole it when I was in high school.

The CD sleave was very cool. He had thugs drinking/dealing milk and cookies instead of drugs and liquor. He even had pictures of thugs holding books whilst kids took bags full of guns to school.

September 19th, 2013

Favorite Songs: Hurt Me Soul, He Say She Say, The Cool, Daydreamin, Pressure, American Terrorist, I gotcha…they’re all so amazing

What the album means to me: Well, it’s one of my favorites ever, so of course it means a lot to me. Several of the songs off this album and other Lupe Fiasco songs are what got me into rap into the first place, which I’m thankful for since rap is now a big part of my life. This album is also probably the first thing that made me really focus on lyrics in music (if that makes sense).

I’m not really sure what a classic is, but if there has been one in the past ten years, this is one.

September 19th, 2013
Jergnome's photo

godly album. shold be worshiped

September 20th, 2013

knowledge kills

September 20th, 2013
C_Goomba's photo

I am not gunna lie I actually thought Lupe was puerto Rican when I first saw him

September 20th, 2013

I think The Cool is better but this album is classic. He Say She Say is my favorite.

September 20th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

Almost every song on this album is just fantastic. A lyrical masterpiece from beginning to end and an album I’ll always have a personal connection to.

September 20th, 2013

One of my favorite albums from my favorite rapper.
All songs r great, but if i had to choose i would say Hurt Me Soul

September 20th, 2013

Great album, wouldn’t call it a classic but it was dope.

September 20th, 2013

Loved just about every track on this damn album. Still sounds ahead of its time. I honestly wish Jay-Z did sign him to Def Jam (he executive produced this album). Have two of the Chi’s finest on one label, Kanye and Lupe would’ve been unstoppable together.

September 20th, 2013

Hurt Me Soul changed how I listened to music when I was 15. I owe a lot to Lupe.

September 20th, 2013

To people who say Food & Liquor isn’t a classic…

What is?? in your opinion…

What other albums do you consider to be classics in the last 10 years?

September 20th, 2013