I can’t really say that -UH
That I hate Jay-ZEEEE -UH
But if had rhyme like dis -UH
Everytime I’m on a BEEEET -UH

I would fokn cry.

October 2nd, 2013

@StraightFace He’s really only done that as of recent. That’s not something he’s been doing for the majority of his career, I don’t think.

October 2nd, 2013

The main reason is because Jay doesn’t make music for the streets anymore. He makes corporate rap for white CEO’s and their business associates.

October 2nd, 2013
Socrates's photo

@CaptainNigeria

If you arent fishing for upvotes…

This isnt the randomignorantnigga forums, these are the RapGenius forums. The mechanics of the site and community discourage people from running about, spouting lies. There isn’t a damn person on this website who is gonna say that Jay is and has always been garbage. Some will say he’s overrated, and some will say he is the Emperor of hip hop and everything in-between BUT If you are really looking for what you say you are you wont find it here.

I can say I don’t like old Jay because of his delivery. I don’t really enjoy his hits but thats a non issue since its been years since those beats were hot. I think the only real drawback to him banking off hits early on is that new listeners(the kids that buy this shit) only fuck with two types of beats now, that overly simple shit thats good for lyrically flexing on, and those over the top hit boy, mikewillmadeit beats and Jays old shit was neither. Illmatic had the overly simple shit that is made for lyrical flexing so I can go back to it, but having been introduced to lyrical shit through K.dot and Krit I cant fuck with lyricalness over old hit.

TL;DR HITS AGE POORLY.

October 2nd, 2013

@Socrates I definitely wasn’t fishing; it was an honest question. If you can’t tell, I’m relatively new here. And there’s not much else to say if you don’t like his delivery. That’s a valid opinion that is hard to argue with or change. But I don’t think I really agree with you on hits aging poorly. Personally, it seems like “Big Pimpin'” and “99 Problems” have aged pretty well, along with maybe “Izzo (H.O.V.A.)” and “Dirt Off Your Shoulder”, and by a stretch maybe “Hard Knock Life”. But I can understand where you’re coming from.

October 2nd, 2013
0neLove's photo

Mostly 3 key things in order
1 People think he has connection to the illuminati.
2 jay z was stealing lyrics from biggie.
3 he is worth half a billon.

You forgot:
4. is fucking

October 8th, 2013
Wazz's photo

I dont hate him but im definitely not a fan of him either. I know hes considered one of the greats and i have no problem with him being in that discussion because just look at his body of work. However his music just doesnt stick with me and i dont find myself thinking “i could really go for some jay z right now”.

October 8th, 2013

October 8th, 2013
JFKilla's photo

I don’t hate Jay Z. I just find it hard to listen to a lot of his music. On the flip side, there is a lot of Jay Z music that I can listen to. I respect him as one of the GOATs, but at the same time I’m just kinda “ehhhh” when it comes to a lot of his music. I did enjoy quite a few tracks off of MCHG, but after that -4/10 verse on “Pound Cake”, Idk what the fuck he’s doing these days.

October 8th, 2013
KJones77's photo

Jay-Z and Eminem are one in the same. Really dope beginning and then slow, but noticeable decline. Yet, both are living legends who deserve to be respected regardless and despite that, everybody shits on both when they drop something that is good, since it’s not as good as it was before.

October 8th, 2013
SDVG's photo

^ the only difference is eminem was never actually good

October 8th, 2013

But Jay doesnt have a cult of surburban white kids ready to fight to the death if someone doesnt like him

Em does.

October 8th, 2013
0neLove's photo

I don´t see the hate though. The vast majority likes him, they might not think he´s the greatest, but i would say around 90% has him in their top 10. Then there is always haters, everyone has haters. I think there are more Nas haters though, going as far as to say he only has one good album.

Some say hating is confused admiration

October 8th, 2013