Official Producer Genius Thread 1.0

MHealx's photo

Welcome to the #Official Producer Genius Thread — the home of everything PG!

What is Producer Genius?

Producer Genius involves the breaking down of instrumentals (beats) into their technical aspects so as to create a greater understanding of the creation of the sound and how that impacts it’s final product.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

Why do we need Producer Genius?

Producer Genius is not only for audiophiles, but for readers of Rap Genius who value production. Lyrics are only one half of the story, we at Producer Genius believe production is the spine to the body of work and without it, we are left with nothing but spoken word and poetry.

Like Ye said;

Lyrically, can’t none of y’all murder ‘Ye
Cause y’all raps ain’t got no vertebrae

Those questions and a few others are detailed below in the PG Guide/FAQ page. This guide also gives you a step by step template into creating Producer Genius annotations and what protocol to follow once you’ve made one!

http://rapgenius.com/Rap-genius-editors-producer-genius-guide-lyrics

ANY QUESTIONS POST IN THIS THREAD OR MESSAGE US.

• TyrantX & Stephen Niday
October 8th, 2013
MHealx's photo

Everytime you make a PG annotation — please post it in this thread so we can upvote them all/give feedback!

Going to kick start things off! Here’s a dope one I made today while doing the guide:

http://rapgenius.com/Pusha-t-only-you-can-tell-it-lyrics#note-2286262

October 8th, 2013

Damn I wish I had my computer, could be making dem tates

October 8th, 2013

Hi, folks.

October 8th, 2013
Lemson's photo

pointless tbh
Rg now confirmed for 99.5% try hard

theres literally 0 point in “explaining” a beat and dont even try to say there is because [spoiler] there isnt [/spoiler]

I can understand a forum section for producers to talk about producing/beats or whatever

u fell off hard tyrant/niday
sad to witness

October 8th, 2013

You’re all terrible producers anyways

October 8th, 2013
Nathanoj's photo

^
Can’t tell if trolling or not. For those who takes Lemsons words to heart and agree,
I bet everyone knows a producer or some aspiring to become one. Imagine if he could go on RG (where there’s a lot of aspiring rappers) and find a forum section solely for producing?! Would he not linger there picking up tips and ideas every here and there? As well as having the possibilities to get his beats out there for the, previously mentioned mass of aspiring rappers.

Producer Genius

is a key tile for Rap genius to grow as a HipHop Mecca.

October 8th, 2013
D'shon's photo

hmmmmmmmmm this is actually dope as hell

gonna do this with some of the shit i produce tbh

October 8th, 2013

Honestly though, other than explaining samples I don’t see the point in there being anything other than a forum for this

October 8th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

COLLABORATE WITH WHOSAMPLED.COM!!!!!!!!!!

October 8th, 2013
Lemson's photo

nathan thats what i was trying to say. I think a forum for producing would be cool and would probably get some people but trying to explain samples on songs and break down beats is just trying too hard imo

October 8th, 2013
sexy-mofo's photo

Whosampled>>>>>>>>>>>>

All them other niggas lame and you know it, now!

October 8th, 2013
sexy-mofo's photo

I really don’t think this is seriously necessary.

I mean, you’re all going to be getting your info from whosampled.com anyway, why don’t you just post a link to it??

And if you guys are like “oh, we’re gonna offer the insight that whosampled.com doesn’t offer!”

Psshh…
What do these rookie producers and RG virgins know about producing?

If you want to get real valuable insight about the beats, then get the producers verified or get them to talk about their beats. Simple.

I agree with lemson, the RG formula is being worked to death, It’s cool to explain music lines of any genre.

But news? C'mon…

And now this? lol

October 8th, 2013

And if you guys are like “oh, we’re gonna offer the insight that whosampled.com doesn’t offer!”

Does whosampled have the sample used in both New Slaves and King Push? Didn’t think so.

http://rapgenius.com/Pusha-t-king-push-lyrics#note-2232154

If you want to get real valuable insight about the beats, then get the producers verified or get them to talk about their beats. Simple.

There are verified producers here.

October 8th, 2013
D'shon's photo

one thing about this though i didn’t mention

what about videos? like instead of writing the shit out and all, producers run us through the pace of making it on video. ranging from 1-3 minutes or whatever

might already be common knowledge though

October 8th, 2013