Lil wayne

Just wait a minute, why I say goodbyue to my credibility on this site. Ok all done, I like lil wayne. I really like lil wayne. He is not the best rapper alive, by a long shot, and for the longest time I could not stand this man. I heard that some friends of mine liked him, I asked why, they gave me some songs to look up and I never did. It wasnt until later, when I was much more into hiphop, that I tried again. I asked for a song from my friend again, and I heard something you forgot. Now Wayne is in my top ten.

I still have problems with him. For instance, a large, Large portion of his discography is just not good to me. Its just irritating, autotuned, imcomprehensible, and often juvenile. But its also surprisingly easy to find excellent verses and tracks by this guy. He’s been rapping since he was 9 years old, he knows the game as well as anyone, he basically has the game in the palm of his hand, and hate it or love it, You can not escape wayne in today’s hiphop scene. I’ll pop in later to post some good tracks, until then, what do you think of Mr Dwayne Carter? PS, let the flames come, I have sunglasses and a desire to back cookies.

October 28th, 2013

and often juvenile

Possible pun?

October 28th, 2013

Its Ok to like lil wayne. His music now is garb though. He fell off after rebirth

October 28th, 2013
RTJII's photo

October 28th, 2013
AKNC17's photo

If you don’t think lil wayne was good at some point during his career and that all his music is trash I can’t take your opinion srsly

October 28th, 2013

I think he still has the ability to produce good music now. Even on whack tracks good lines can sneak in from time to time, and 6 foot 7 foot is one of my favourites, and that dropped in 2011. I am gonna listen to dedication 5 soon, hoping something good on that.

October 28th, 2013

Last good album was the Carter 3.

October 28th, 2013

Listen to No ceilings my nigga and you will be dissapointed by D5 but he did renegade another Jay Z song on D5.

October 28th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

If Carter V really is gonna be his last album,I hope he at least tries to leave on a good note and surprise the fuck outta people with a classic(or at least a good album)…

October 28th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

There are exceedingly few rappers who have made as many good songs in their careers as Lil Wayne has, in terms of sheer volume. True he misses a lot too. Dude is basically the rap-game Allen Iverson, and he’ll always be a favorite of mine.

October 28th, 2013

Never was a fan of Lil Wayne (though he made entertaining music when I was younger), and his legacy is arguably overrated, but I can admit he was good once.

October 28th, 2013
SavvyRJA's photo

Hate the cunt, always have, always will, arrogant prick with no respect for the artform.

i’d love for someone to link a good wayne track because he hasnt had one in the last 6 albums of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2S9EUE0gA

October 28th, 2013
RTJII's photo

Elitist^

October 28th, 2013

Wayne recently has been doing this thing where he’ll drop a shitty project, but it’ll have one gem,usually with a feature on it.
D4:
Green Ranger ft. J Cole
IANAHB2:
God Bless Amerika
D5:
You Song ft. Chance The Rapper

Great Discog overall though

October 28th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

no respect for the artform

Talib Kweli strongly disagrees with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbmTj-u1LMg