Has Action Bronson reached the highest point in his career?

CLOUDS's photo

Discuss.

November 20th, 2013

Lets hope not, he hasnt been very successful yet…

November 20th, 2013

no. i dont like non black/hispanic rappers, but this nigga can spit. im not a fan of his theme, or what you would call his content, but im sure the nigga appeal to a lot of the youth and other reckless niggas like the odd future fan base and the white kid demographic. that will continue to expand for a while.

but entering the mainstream? no this nigga wont make it that far.

November 20th, 2013
RDM's photo

am i the only one who thinks action bronson sounds like a poor mans ghostface killa?

November 20th, 2013

@TheTrillHomie how come you don’t like non black/hispanic rappers?

November 20th, 2013

I don’t see how his content would relate to the odd future fan base..

November 20th, 2013
SkyArt's photo

November 20th, 2013

white trash rappers are good, like eminem, but still, rap is for blacks and by extension hispanics. there are no good/famous black or mexican rock bands

November 20th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

i would argue against ^, but this thread is going the wrong way tbh.

November 20th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

def nah, he needs to reach A$AP Rocky level of notoriety and fame, unfortunately that’s where I believe where he’ll cap off. Not that it’s bad but it’ll never even be up to J Cole’s level of fame

November 20th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

@zyoung11
Common idea for his newer listeners, but I assure you his topic and lyricism are on different spectrum, excluding for their NY Pride and voice they actually don’t got much in common. Also after a while you’ll be able to decipher between the two’s voices it took me a while and two mixtapes, if you are interested on checking a piece I highly recommend Blue Chips 1 to start off with

November 20th, 2013

I mean, I’m pretty sure Maná is a successful Hispanic rock band with over 35 million albums sold worldwide but yeah, sure
I can name more but I’d rather not

November 20th, 2013

I strayed from the topic, my bad. Anyways, I don’t think so. Action still has lots of potential and I mean he’s only recently only gotten the exposure he’s deserved but these up and coming NY rappers still have ways to go.

November 20th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

blue chips 2 was a solid mixtape, with great production and increasingly more complex rhymes by bronson — probably the best i’ve heard him at. however, he’s still on the subject matter as he was on rare chandeliers.

i’ve been listening to the first blue chips, and it has a mixture of both the same satirical mafioso lyricism as in rare chandeliers and BC2, and introspection. rare chandeliers onwards, including saab stories, has for me sounded too similar.

it’s all still some very dope stuff, but it’s becoming very repetitive. there are certain tracks on BC2 where only party supplies' production holds me over.

i think the best example of this is 9-24-13. while with a great instrumental, it’s basically bronson trying to follow the same shtick as 9-24-11, with messing up his lyrics and more instrospective lyrics, only this time it sounds like he’s messing up his lyrics on purpose, to fit with the original 9-24-11. it’s a very short song too, verse wise. big body bes occupies almost half the song. and off topic, bu big body bes' ad libs are becoming irritating.

November 20th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

blue chips 1 for me is still his best project. it’s not purely fantastical, albeit amusing, braggadocio.

November 20th, 2013