How did you get into rap?

So, how did you got to listen rap?

I remember I was like 9 or somethin' and my cousin had a lot of Biggie and 2Pac on his computer, so I listened some of their songs and liked it. At that time, Eminem was on hiatus, but he was always on radio stations here in Chile, then I grew up and listened to Jay-Z, Nas, Kendrick, Lupe, Dr. Dre, Drake, and mostly Kanye.

November 24th, 2013

I kicked in the door

November 24th, 2013

Not gonna lie, it was Em

November 24th, 2013
lilhook27's photo

Weezys earlier mixtapes. And a couple of Old School albums like The Chronic,36 chamber,Life After Death etc that my dad had

November 24th, 2013

Now, I’m the biggest rap fan I know. Back in the day, I hated it.

Not Afraid by Eminem was the first song that actually changed my mind (and it’s no longer even a favorite), I just liked the positive message (psh) and the egotistical nature of it.

From there, just kind of little by little. Started listening to rappers based on featured verses I liked, just got broader and deeper from there.

November 24th, 2013

My two friends introduced me to Eminem (this was about a year and a half ago) and I liked his songs,but wasn’t really all that fond of him. Then my cousin said “ Listen to Stay Wide Awake,then tell me if you still like him.” So,I listened to Stay Wide Awake and sure enough…I fell in love with the song. I’ve been listening to Rap ever since. I mainly listen to just old school,but the only present day artists I listen to are Eminem and Hopsin.

November 24th, 2013

I remember in 5th grade this white kid had called me the n word and said he was gonna fight me when we wen’t out for kickball because he was tired of me being the flag boy at school. When we go outsie he has on his CD player listening to lose yourself by Eminem thinking he’s about to get a win and I broke his shit and then broke his cd’s. He had twista,Redman and methodman along with eminem. About a year later I see 8 mile on MTV and I recall the incident because up to this point I wasn’t a fan to music at all. As I watched Eminem rap I said this shit wack. After a couple of weeks I got a CD by my brother of Ice Cube and I liked it then I googled him and got into Tupac,Coolio,Scarface,Big Daddy Kane,DMX,T.I and Andre 3k. I just now started really listening to Nas.

November 24th, 2013
Chop's photo

my earliest memories was when I was 3. My dad was a huge naughty by nature fan because we’re from Jersey so I remember listening to hip hop hooray and uptown anthem a lot. I didn’t really fall in love with rap until my bro put me onto 36 chambers when I was 4 though.

November 24th, 2013

It was like 8th or 9th grade and I had just started actually listening to music for myself, mostly by just listening to the pop radio stations (which my parents never played while I was growing up). This was during the time when Kanye’s singles from Graduation like Stronger and then the ones from 808s like Heartless and Love Lockdown were on the radio at the same time. I particularly liked Heartless and just explored Kanye from there and fell in love with the music

November 24th, 2013

@Chloe_805 Your dumb ass posting with one point lol

November 24th, 2013
Quikstik's photo

Way back in middle school I listened to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzeizVR7F8

November 24th, 2013
Laayla's photo

It was Eminem. Definitely. I discovered him when I came across “My name is” in ‘99 on the radio. I had just learned how to speak English and I was amazed at the fact someone can even talk that fast. Then the beat. I was hooked. Then I started using Napster to download his songs and came across more and more artists. My older brother has also played a huge role in me falling in love with rap/hip-hop. He would introduce me to new songs/artists and would buy CDs for me. He also bought me my first boom box and CD player and then also my first MP3 CD player.

November 24th, 2013
MC_Red's photo

In 5th grade my friend was all like “Dude listen to this song,” The song was “The Real Slim Shady” He was playing it off a recording on his phone, so I didn’t understand anything. I went home to actuslly hear the song on youtube. I loved the song, and I just kept clicking on the next song by Eminem. From then on, I became who I am now.

November 24th, 2013

I knew the early Eminem singles and some of his songs, liked a few rap songs here and there but Relapse and Paper Trail were the first albums that I really got into

November 24th, 2013
CH3's photo

Tupac got me into rap

November 24th, 2013