FULL KNOCK MADNESS REVIEW(Edited)

TMPBeats's photo

1.Fiends Are Knocking — 6.5/10

A dark mad intro into Knock Madness. Intrumental was well made. Adresses fans' comments and thoughts on him and his album many times throughout the song. Critisizes mainstream stream artists' music and lifestyle. Verses were pretty solid for the most part. Hook was strong. Though the layered voices and adlibs make it sound a bit silly.

2.Hop Is Back — 6/10

An upbeat more cheerful song than the intro. Simple cheap sounding beat. Talks about haters, his skill, how real he is, and lightly skims over his mommy and girlfriend problems. Hopsin says he’s “2pac’s twisted and grim disciple”. He also lashes out at Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar visciously but the threats are childish. Chorus was simple but blended good with the instrumental. Verses were a bit off saying lines like,“I’m the shit like a slithered in poo”. Hopsin also
States he’s sicker than sticking his dick up a girl’s ass.

3.Who’s There? — 5/10

With Jarren Benton and Dizzy Wright. Hopsin and his two FV artist each spit a verse over a pretty good instrumental. Jarren flowed nicely throughout his verse saying some good lines. Dizzy sounded off, almost awkwardly like he didn’t belong on the track. Hopsin didn’t say much new or refreshing topics in his verse. The hook was cheesy and a little annoying by the end.

4.Tears to Snow — 5/10

Mournful and angry. Raps about his conflicts with his girlfriend, rappers, and how his life is so hard. In the third verse he sounds suicidal saying,“I’m about to lock myself in my basement and dig a grave inside, All jokes aside, man, I see no reason to stay alive”. He also says nobody loves him or even likes him. Hop raps over a sad chilling beat.

5.Rip Your Heart Out – 6/10

A fast paced playful song. With Tech N9ne on the song, him and Hopsin flow solidly over a grimy repetitive beat. Hopsin mainly talks about killing people in many different ways. In the chorus of the song he says over and over he’s going to “Rip your motherfucking heart out!” Tech N9ne has a nice but mediocre verse.

6.Nollie Tre Flip – 6.5/10

Upbeat, slightly rebellious song about skateboarding. “Nollie trey flipping on your block straight cruising”. Hopsin glamourizes how cool he thinks skateboarding is. The instrumental was simple but crafted well. “Only one try bitches want to touch my dick, The homie Manny know a school with a spot so proper, So we go hop the gate and hope the cops don’t spot us!”

7.Give Me That Money – 6.5/10

Light-hearted and a bit cheesy. Hopsin humorously describes stories about how people ask him for money now because he’s famous. The chorus and instrumental were both lively and cheesy.

8.I Need Help – 5.5/10

Another angry song about Hopsin’s personal personal problems with rap. Hopsin sounds paranoid and states he needs help. Hop says,”I don’t even like rap, the only thing I wanted was to be cool, And hang out with a group of fans and solve mysteries and go Scooby Doo”. The instrumental used in this song was good and blended well with the lyrics tone.

9.Hip Hop Sinister – 5.5/10
“I thought I was supposed to be this hip hop savior, But I have turned into a sinister”. A very violent angry track. Another Hopsin rap about killing people(mostly rappers) and his problems with the mainstream lifestyle. He states he Runs the rap game and describes in many lines how his rhymes make rappers die in many ways.

10.Good Guys Get Left Behind – 4/10

A low point on the album. Yet another song about how a girl “did him wrong”. Hopsin states, “Yo, this one is strictly for the ladies…only” , though the song his geared towards “good guys” while Hopsin’s approach is of a “shaming slut” even though the chorus, “I should’ve fucked you when I had the chance to, Now I’m sitting alone in my house & I’m wishing you’d call me right now, Baby, perhaps I should have been less nicer than I was to you, Cause this seems like all the good girls go for bad guy, good guys get left behind”. Though in the second verse he says, “Only reason they hollered was because you got a cute ass, They just want you for sex & then they move on to a new task”. The song was alittle misleading due to the contradictories.

11.Bad Manners Freestyle – 4.5/10

Obnoxious and angry. A straight 2 minute verse of Hop rapping about sex, women, and killing over a basic repetitive instrumental. He also has lines stating his usual rebellious attitude with lines like, You ain’t close to dope, It’s just that everybody else is whack!”, Yo all you rappers quit your bitching, Just sit and listen I’m the new sick edition”.

12.Old Friend(Ill Mind of Hopsin 6) – 7/10

Song similar and a possible ‘part 2’ to Hopsin’s song “Chris Dolmeth”. The beat and mood of the song is dreary and almost reminiscent. The song is about an old friend of Hopsin who died of an over-dose of crystal meth. The hook on this is one of the better of Hopsin’s choruses. All three verses were pretty solid.

13.Still Got Love For You – 7.5/10

A fun slightly obnoxious song. Hopsin again talks about girl problems but this time he takes on a different approach to the topic. He still keeps the “shaming slut” mindset but he isn’t crying or mourning over a broken heart but the song his more cheery and light-hearted. Instrumental fitted very well with mood and lyrics. Chorus also went good with instrumental.

14.Jungle Bash – 6.5/10

Hopsin features fellow FV artist Swizzz on this track. Hopsin again doesn’t try to bring something new to his verse but flows well with the cheesy beat. Swizzz’s verse was spectacular, one of his best. The song was put together well and the
overall mood of the track is very care-free and fun.

15.Lunchtime Cypher – 6.5/10

Hopsin is(currently)29 but is bringing back to his school days! Hop tries to bring a freestyle laid-back feeling for the song Hopsin, Passionate MC and G-Mo Skee all spit over a basic sounding beat but is understandable because it was probably intended to feed into the freestyle mood of the track. All three rappers spit pretty good verses though they all each sounding similar.

16.Dream Forever – 5/10

Soft, dreamy, and boring. The track is song about a girl but this time Hop is dreaming of the perfect girl for him so he doesn’t want to wake up.

17.What’s My Purpose? – 5.5/10

Another song where Hopsin criticizes people, rapper, lifestyles. Hopsin attempts to be socially aware and explains why he thinks the world is wrong but fails to tell us or give a message to solve the problems he states. He describes the world as dark and shady a “pigsty”. The song’s tone is dark and angry. Hopsin sees himself as one of the only real people left.

18.Caught In the Rain- 6.5

Solid outro to Knock Madness. The tone of the song his serious and a little emotional. First song on the album where Hopsin’s delivery is calm and serious. He covers many topics he already has throughout the album talking about his problems with Ruthless, girls, rappers, and mainstream. Chorus sounds similar to many of his earlier hooks on Knock Madness. Instrumental was crafted well and fit the overall mood of the song.

Tl:Dr 6/10

November 28th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

nother thread saying Hopsin album isn’t worth listening to, think we get it by now

November 28th, 2013
kingpush's photo

seems fair enough…RAW was at least an 8/10. hopsin didn’t really show everyone that he’s grown, and instead he (whatever word means opposite of grow)

November 28th, 2013

November 28th, 2013

the wait was not worth it , tbh! The way he was talking about it before it dropped… this is such a let down

November 28th, 2013
TMPBeats's photo

@DR_Marvel21 I agree!

November 28th, 2013
ENBLBPT's photo

Honestly RAW>>>>>Knock madness.

November 28th, 2013

i liked a couple songs (rip your heart out, nolle tre flip ar eprobably hopsins best songs in a while) but the hooks and beats bring this downn

November 28th, 2013

i didn’t make it past lunchtime cypher.

November 28th, 2013
November 28th, 2013

meh, I thought it was pretty dope, I would’ve liked to see a higher rating but still pretty fair

November 28th, 2013

Knock Madness wasn’t worth the wait.

Not a bad album overall, but not really any better than Raw.

He hyped it like it was a MBDTF-type masterpiece.

It was more along the lines of Relapse: not objectively bad, but a disappointment.

November 28th, 2013
Stelio's photo

classic album

November 28th, 2013
TMPBeats's photo

@Jacob-B you’re hilarious sir

November 28th, 2013
stvrk's photo

HOPSIN IS 28/29, holy shit, i thought he was like 23 or something.

November 28th, 2013