Famous Artists You Think Have No Talent

Shad Fer's photo

Future

Why the FUCK does everyone excuse the fact that this nigga can’t sing to save his life,I have no problem accepting that he has contributed to the success of a few bangers,but he still sounds like shit…my problem with him being successful is that he’s gonna be considered a pioneer for a slew of people with no real singing talent at all…for example
Rich Homie Quan,does the same thing as Future,except without all the autotune,he sounds cleaner…anyway you put it,I miss T-Pain..

Chief Keef

Now,not only is he a horrible rapper,he’s a really bad influence….This nigga blew up off of Young Chop’s production,had a chance to finally enjoy his money and just keep making more,but he chooses to stay ignorant,fuck dat shit…and the sad part is if he gets dropped from his label as a result of his stupidity,he’ll just continue to gangbang

Robb Bank$

great production behind him but can someone tell me a verse he’s actually killed,we can agree to disagree,but I don’t get the hype over this nigga,I just know bitches like him cause he’s tumblr famous and that’s it,but if he has some great shit that i haven’t heard,please enlighten me…

December 6th, 2013
ENBLBPT's photo

If they are famous they must have some kind of talent.Even if its just that they are good at making catchy simple songs.

December 6th, 2013

I’m with you on Future! I don’t think talent is a requirement for fame though. Fame is more about who’s/what’s marketable than anything else. People with absolutely no talent can find a niche and blow up. People like that don’t usually have longevity though.

December 6th, 2013

December 6th, 2013
Chop's photo

future is dope.

December 6th, 2013
RyKo's photo

I can’t stand Future either but like the dude above said, some artists aren’t talented in the form of music you would expect them to be if they were famous. Some of them are talented musically in a way that gives them the ear to be able to make bangers and catchy songs as opposed to what are generally considered “good songs”.

December 6th, 2013

Paris Hilton

December 6th, 2013
D.R.C's photo

French Montana if you can defend him delete your account

December 6th, 2013
RyKo's photo

^ I’m drinking lean… IT HELP ME SLEEP.

December 6th, 2013
XGone's photo

That “rapper” Lil Twist has no talent, also Waka Flocka Flame (I have no idea why they are famous) I don’t like Future either

December 6th, 2013
Chop's photo

french montana dope too.

December 6th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

@Chop I’d admit,at parties,I jump and sing along when Future’s hook in Bugatti comes along…but les be real dawg,is there an actual French Montana verse that you know all the lyrics to?If Kanye West is my favorite hip hop artist,French is the opposite of that…I actually meant to mention him as well

December 6th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

I guess it depends on how you define “talent”

Assuming these artists do have no talent, I think it’s safe to say that most if not all of the artists mentioned in this thread have made songs that people enjoy listening to (I’m not familiar with Robb Banks or Lil Twist but I can definitely think of Waka, Future, Keef, Macklemore, and French songs that I have enjoyed) is “talent” actually all that important?

Is a talented rapper making unenjoyable music preferable to a talentless rapper making enjoyable music?

I mean, many would argue that rappers in general don’t have the same level of “talent” that musicians in some other fields who are capable of reading sheet music, playing multiple instruments, singing in key, composing, etc. have. And yet here we all are — finding much more enjoyment in listening to rap music than we would classical or opera. So how important is talent to the end product?

December 6th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

don’t ever badmouth Robb Bank$ again pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKNf9-eMxI

December 6th, 2013
HMN's photo

How exactly is Chief Keef a worse influence than most other rappers?

In fact, he’s only a teenager so if anything we should cut him some slack since he hasn’t gotten the time to mature yet.

December 6th, 2013