Music Video for "Otis"

Rys's photo

August 12th, 2011

What do you guys think of this debate? MY friend and I are arguing that there are no black women in this video when Ye and Hov were preaching this “black power” idea in their album. Is representation needed? I mean the women were just chilling in the car, they could have found 4 beautiful dark skinned women out there. There is one racially ambiguous girl but…yeah. If ye and hov wanna talk black power, shouldn’t they walk it?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/wordlifethesensei/posts/145864092166479?notif_t=feed_comment

August 12th, 2011
August 12th, 2011

I think what they did to that Maybach was crazy!

And I don’t think it is a big deal that they don’t have any black women in the video. There are all of what, 4 girls in this video? If there were a lot more and they were all white and there was no blatant reason for having so many white women and no black women then I would not be OK with that.

In all, I think it is a dope video. Nice and simple. I just can’t wait for the fake snakeskin snapbacks to come out so all the hipsters can pay crazy numbers for them.

August 12th, 2011
Klonopin's photo

I think there’s some unspoken rule in the world of hip hop videos that says it’s illegal to smile that much.

It was just a video of Jay and ‘Ye rapping in front of a flag, rolling around in a tricked out Maybach, and fucking around in pyrotechnics. It was simple and enjoyable, much like the song.

Not much else to say.

When are we gonna get our ‘video explanation’ up?

August 12th, 2011

It got removed, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEKWtgJQAU

August 12th, 2011

I find it weird how their movements seem slowed down yet their mouths sync to the lyrics perfectly

August 12th, 2011
Swagberg's photo

lol maybe they rapped to a sped up version of the song

August 12th, 2011
RimmerGawd's photo

Probably true swag, I noticed the got the back lights modified into the front lights of the maybach, but the video is simple plain and fun.

August 12th, 2011
Rys's photo

Well I like how they dont have that much girls in it, no homo. It’s not the usual music video that we view on every rap video; Whether old or new school, they usually have top-down cars, half naked girls, a party goin on, they’d wear fancy clothing brands, and it’s usually night time. But this is a classic. It’s just two guys who look like painter or mechanics, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. And it’s morning! Very unusual for a rap video

August 13th, 2011

They have 4 girls in it. How many do you need?

August 13th, 2011

I like it a lot. Makes me want to and feel like I possibly could chill with Ye and Jay, which I think is exactly what they were going for. They just seem like the best of buds. A lot of inconsequential fun, just like the track.

August 13th, 2011

You guys catch the Aziz Ansari cameo?

August 13th, 2011
Quaveel's photo

Pretty fun looking video…………………y there is no black women??? Blonds have more fun lol

August 14th, 2011

its just a fun video…no need to cast for a variety of girls, the focus still remains on Kanye and Jay Z which is the main thing…

August 16th, 2011