Stormium's photo

Geeze, Donald! ‘Just read it’? That comic must have been mid-200s because it was released around when I started following XKCD. That means it was a LONG time ago!
But glad to see someone else on the site that reads ‘em! You follow them a lot, or just seen them around?

March 12th, 2012
Shaneee's photo

I had always thought not everyone could have lucid dreams, it was only part of the population. I’ve never had them either, have always wanted to though.

I’ll just try what Stormium said to see if I can at least once lol

March 12th, 2012

My friend used to be obsessed with this shit. I’ve always been too lazy to try it though.

March 12th, 2012

I’ve been doing mediation to open up my third eye, which I believe has induced some lucid dream. I also used to mess with some drugs back in the day that I believed induced some as well.

Kind off topic, but has anyone here experienced sleep paralysis?? One of the most terrifying experiences. Shit is trippy as FUCK and just scary.

March 12th, 2012
Garginator's photo

^I actually meditated too, that’s what led to my lucid dreaming. So worth it. .

March 12th, 2012
Stormium's photo

Usually I meditate on my breath before sports or weightlifting…
It helps me relax, and usually gets me in the zone to perform better.
As far as sleep paralysis goes, I’ve had it mildly once or twice, and although scary, I was able to fall back asleep both times. .

March 12th, 2012

@Stormium I don’t really “follow” them, I just sort of read the newest ones every week or so, then start reading a few random ones. .

March 12th, 2012

Damn son, I just looked that shit up on wikipedia and now I don’t wanna lucid dream anymore lol. What did you see when it happened to you and how long was it?

March 12th, 2012
Psyonik's photo

Lol I had sleep paralysis before… Woke up and was like “The fuck? I can’t move!” Looked around, then was like “….fuckit I'ma deal with it when I wake up later.” Went back to sleep. lol

March 12th, 2012
Bergkamp's photo

Sleep paralysis is actually the worst, especially when you try to get out of your bed. I remember I had two lucid dreams in a row and I was like WTF

March 12th, 2012
Shaneee's photo

So does lucid dreaming always lead to sleep paralysis?

March 12th, 2012

I’ve read up on paralysis and it said you can see things, hear things, etc. because it happened to me quite often when I was younger. You’re suppose to lay there calmly until it stops, but I didn’t know this, all I knew is I was awake but couldn’t open eyes or move my body. I’d try as hard as I could to move and yell for help, and I would get this insane numbing/tingling sensation all over my body. Then my ears would get this piercing ringing sound and I would wake up shortly after. Anyone I would explain it too just thought I was crazy. They stopped happening for years, and then a few months ago it happened. I knew what was happening and what to do so I calmly laid there. Then I either managed to roll from my side to my back, or I just thought I did. Anyway, right after that a silhouette of a woman with long black hair appeared at the end of my bed. I about shit my pants. Then it appeared as if she was trying to lift me, I got the numbing sensation throughout my body and it felt as if the upper half of my body was being raised, then my whole body. At the same time I felt like my whole was dead weight, obviously the paralysis, and we stopping from being completely lifted. Then whatever was lifting me just kind dropped me. I woke up on my floor. I was just terrified. It hasn’t happened since. Since your in such a deep state of sleep, yet mind is awake, it’s still as if you’re dreaming, but you just have no clue how to interpret it since you know you’re awake. Trippy shit. I’m not the most spiritual person, but I think there may be a spiritual explanation sleep paralysis.

March 12th, 2012
Psyonik's photo

Nah, just happens occasionally. It happens because your mind wakes up before your body is ready to.

March 12th, 2012

*too many typos to correct lol.

March 12th, 2012
Psyonik's photo

Lol, I’ve never had that much of an ethereal experience outside of the actual dream. Here’s to hoping it don’t happen tonight.

March 12th, 2012