Theories about OXYmoron cover art... (I know another ScHoolboy Q thread)

But this shit has got to mean something deeper….

Both covers look like they have been torn on the opposite side, put them together and what do they mean?

Is the cover some sort of oxymoron.
Maybe Q is trying to provide for his daughter but is realizing that he could also be a bad influence and shit from gangbangin and selling drugs and thats why he started music? idk. but usually Im not one to reach at this kind of shit but why have the tears on each side??? I know they dont exactly line up with each other but fuck it. they cant just be there for aesthetics.

any ideas?

lets hear it.

January 21st, 2014
twrocks's photo

Well I’m sure we will all know what it means when the album drops but I probably agree with OP on this one.

January 21st, 2014
DinoKyu's photo

i know another ScHoolboy Q thread, too, you want tha link?

January 21st, 2014
LewAshby's photo

It’s called Oxymoron, already hinting at an opposition of ideas;
ergo Joy’s innocence posed against Q’s sins

January 21st, 2014

Good call @LewAshby

January 21st, 2014

January 21st, 2014
CLOUDS's photo

or it might not be anything tbh

no cohesion on any of the tracks i’ve heard so far tbh

January 21st, 2014

that doesnt mean the cover art doesnt have a meaning…

January 21st, 2014
HMN's photo

album sucked

February 23rd, 2014

Q is black, he is wearing a white mask, against a black background, that is contrast, a contradiction, or what I consider, an oxymoron.

Also, I would like to note that he made his sweet little daughter dress up like a gangster, which is also an oxymoron.

I would also like to state that the album starts with Gangsta and Los Awesome, but ends with Fuck LA.

The album starts off darker, with Q rapping about his gangster origins and uprising, however, after Presciption/Oxymoron it kind of changes towards a more mainstream style, with the singles, and the other more mainstream songs, talking about varying subject matter. I think by Fuck LA, Q realizes that being a Gangster is pointless, and hence why the later half is rather braggadocios, hence Gangster being the name of the first track is an Oxymoron.

BTW: Collard Greens would’ve fit better on the second half of the album, while The Purge should’ve been the third track.

February 23rd, 2014

February 23rd, 2014
FanaHOVA's photo

February 23rd, 2014
CeQuenCe's photo

February 23rd, 2014