How much about Hip Hop does your school know?

No one at mine know Danny, Beastcoast, Chance, TDE, If it’s before 2000 forget it. It sucks I cant discuss releases since they don’t listen to full albums just singles.

February 17th, 2014
DBStan's photo

Dang that sucks. My school like Wiz self explanatory.

February 17th, 2014
TMPBeats's photo

Tupac and Biggie are the best of all time!!!
Lil Wayne is the worst new school rapper ever!!!
Oh and Kendrick Lamar and Eminem are the new Tupac and Biggie.

February 17th, 2014

I live in a small town in Minnesota that’s 98% white. They don’t know shit about hip hop. They barely know what it is

February 17th, 2014
DBStan's photo

@TMPBeats lol people think lil wayne is new school lmao!!!

February 17th, 2014
J Trauma's photo

me and my friends like underground rappers a lot, but besides that no one in my school knows a thing. they like wiz, keef, rich homie quan, etc.

February 17th, 2014

They think anyone who doesn’t listen to Drake is a hipster. They always make fun of Chief Keef, yet they listen to 2 Chains. Their definition of a hard rapper is Meek Millz. They still look at Eminem as a “White Boy”. I tell them how Tyler The Creator production wise is quite talented, and they say “That weird ass nigga ate a roach, fuck is you listening to”. They said Drake is better than Big L I swear to God. I got a few kids in my grade onto Pro Era, but it’s pretty much hopeless beyond that line. And there’s a few Seniors on that “I listen to MF DOOM (Probably heard him off that track with Earl) Underground all day, radio is garbage, fuck lil wayne) shit. It’s pretty annoying tbh.

February 17th, 2014
DBStan's photo

at my school they always try telling me how wiz is better then lil wayne… like really that nigga who uses the same verse for 2 straight albums? not to mention Wiz whole career is only successful because of lil wayne.

February 17th, 2014

Macklemore…

February 17th, 2014
DocChakra's photo

Same as OP for the most part, anything prior to 2000 except for like Reasonable Doubt and Illmatic might as well have never existed in their eyes.
Lots of Fredo Santana, Gucci Mane, and Wale dickriders. But I can’t blame them, I go to school in VA so i’m not mad at them for stanning Wale.

February 17th, 2014
laxman672's photo

@TMPBeats
Lol at em being “new”

February 17th, 2014
afarese's photo

Next to nothing. Just listen to radio singles. Really annoying because I can barely talk to anyone about music.

February 17th, 2014

People at my school only listen to crap that plays on the radio.

February 17th, 2014
MTL's photo

GBE fuck an op

February 17th, 2014

If it ain’t ATL, it doesn’t mean shit in VA.

February 17th, 2014