Collab album poster

A few days ago, I started talking about this genre-bending, interesting (imo), hypothetical collaboration between U2, Coldplay, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, American Authors, John Legend, Alicia Keys, Jhene Aiko, Big KRIT, Drake, Eminem, J.Cole, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, and Lupe Fiasco. Some wrote it off, saying it would be a mess, while others stated the potential of such a project with artists of this prestige. I personally think this would be an awesome idea, and I have discussed this with @ImthereasonYeandJayhavetoWatchtheThrone, @KingSoulo, @Sense, and @Marshall_Blathers.

I just actually made a poster and have tried sending it to @MrSplashman, @KingSoulo, @y-u-du-dis, @Marko1596, and @danielle_elelel, and here it is now. Check it out and give me your thoughts.

Slide1.JPG

February 17th, 2014

It’s attached there, so just click the link and open it.
Leave me some feedback

February 17th, 2014

Used powerpoint and basically took some pics of these artists and their logos, put it on the powerpoint, and added some effects to it. I thought it turned out really nice. How bout you guys?

February 17th, 2014
Vesuvius's photo

15 artists! That’s quite the task.

Honestly, right now it just looks like exactly what it is — 15 black and white photographs, a curtain, and artist names/logos. There’s no cohesion, the names and images don’t work well together.

However, you have to start somewhere. Maybe you’ve been too ambitious?

Suggestion: make a poster for two or three artists. Find pictures that work very well together, and edit them so they look like just one picture. You don’t start a career in athletics at the Olympics, and you don’t start editing images with a project of this size!

Ideally, you probably want it looking something like this, right?

There’s loads going on in that, no way you or I could make anything close to that quality. But just two images? Maybe you could make something passable.

So my suggestion would be to cut it down to two artists, find photos you can easily edit together, and add their logos to the top. Then maybe you could add some other artist’s names in a smaller font below them.

February 17th, 2014

i think it is pretty dope! i like how you what you did with the lay out. it’s cool that you put the diffirent logo’s from the artist there too!

peace bo

February 17th, 2014

@Vesuvius I get what you mean. And over in another thread, we’re working on putting Eminem, Jay Z, Kanye, Andre, and Nas onto an Avengers sorta poster.

February 17th, 2014

@y-u-du-dis Thank you man, much appreciated.

February 17th, 2014

I think this other project, in terms of posters, well look much better. @CruzMusic is actually working on it.

February 17th, 2014
February 18th, 2014

Do you have photoshop? If so, putting the text into photoshop and using the magic wand tool to clean up around the pictures might help. You can see a little bit of color blotches around some text.

February 18th, 2014

@ChiddyShadyFiasco Nah and that’s the problem. I don’t have photoshop, but ya I know what you mean in terms of the blotches.

February 18th, 2014

As a matter of fact, if anyone is willing to put the text into photoshop from here, and then put incorporate it back in with the pictures, or just completely redo the poster with these artists, you have my permission to do so. I don’t have photoshop. If not, do you guys have any suggestions?

February 18th, 2014

Editors and moderators, please do everyone a favor and ELIMINATE the ‘rare picture of ___ and their killer’. It’s extremely annoying that these troll and irrelevant threads are getting in the way of threads that are the reason why this forum was created in the first place. Thank you

February 18th, 2014
Southey's photo

That’s a lot of artists in one poster, to pull that off would need to blend and merge a lot of logos and pictures. It could work but it would tkae a lot of effort organising something like that. Your poster’s getting there, it’s just missing somethings.

February 18th, 2014

@Southey I got you. I mean, I didn’t have photoshop to access. But we’re doing something like it in another thread, where @CruzMusic is using photoshop or something to create an Avengers style poster with Andre, Kanye, Nas, Eminem, and Jay Z. Should be really dope.

But ya, I think it could be better but it’s a pretty good start.

And in terms of this actually happening, yes there would need to be a lot of organization but as I’ve said before, with people like Kanye and Bono, you can never put anything past them.

February 18th, 2014