Our best posts
- Why No One Has Killed Your Favorite Rapper
- Trap Geniuses: Why Selling Rap is like Selling Crack
- The Rapper's Flow Encyclopedia
- The Beastie Chronicles — I
- 100 Most Upvoted Annotations
- Verse to Verse: Arcade Fire (via StereoIQ)
- Top 10 Television Theme Songs
- Verse to Verse: Jay-z
- Verse to Verse: Kanye West
- Rap Genius Presents: The Top 100 Rap Songs of 2012
- Scarface: The Holy Bible of Rap Music
- Great Expectations: The RapGenius Guide to Rap Albums in 2013
- NEW VIDEO from the latest verified rapper on Rap Genius: 50 Cent
- NAS INTERVIEW: why Nas wants to explain his own lyrics on Rap Genius
- Showing Our Poetry Love
- Rappers Crying
- Life is Good's Future Impact
- GODFATHERS OF RAP GENIUS: Ben Horowitz Interviews Steve Stoute
- Rap Genius Explanation Competition
- The Top 5 People Rappers Reference
- RapGenius Ranks the First Half of 2012
- Hannibal Buress: First Comedian Verified on Rap Genius
- Bricks to Billboard, Grams to Grammys: Rap Genius' Top 25 Jay-Z Verses
- A$AP ROCKY INTERVIEW: Maboo v. Nardwuar
- What Does Trust Mean in the Rap Game?
- Who's this new Bada$$ kid???: A UK Perspective
- RGU Lesson One: The Signifyin' Monkey
- RGU Lesson Two: Me and the Devil Blues
- Professor Rapper: 7 Uncommon Black History Facts as Told by Kendrick Lamar
- Bragging in Hip Hop
- Rap Genius goes Inside the Lines with Mac Miller
- An Open Letter from Donald Glover
- Rap Genius Interviews B.o.B.
- Rap vs. Ronald Reagan
- Are the fans getting more ignorant?
- Drake Says He's The First Person To Successfully Rap And Sing. Here's why he's wrong.
- Operation Free Earl
- Rap Genius Nas interview PREVIEW
- Interview With B Horowitz: RG Verified Blogger
- Rap Genius of the Month: Big Ghostfase
- What to Expect from Rap Albums in 2012: The RapGenius Guide to Listening Safely in a Hype-Cycled Universe
- 30 Rock: On Gunplay and 2Chainz
- Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop: An Extensive Analysis
- SUBJECT: Jones, Russel Tyrone
- The Top 10 Mixtapes of 2011
- Top 100 Rap Songs of 2011
- The Direction of Hip-Hop
- The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama bin Laden loves That "Red Nation" Track MTV Banned
- R.A THE RUGGED MAN AND EMINEM: BEEF, OR NO BEEF?
- Rapper's Obsession with Jewish Culture
- Stereo IQ's Top Albums of 2012
- Is Pete Rock's Disappointment Justified?
- The Recent History Of Mixtape Trolling
- Five Tips For Unsigned Rappers
- Machine Gun Kelly Inside the Lines
- My Philosophy on Socrates References in Rap
- Dear Shyne, Ask Yourself: 'What Is A Classic Album?' Ya Bish!
- Is The Rap Game Pretentious?
- "Triple Beam Dreams": A Reinvigoration of Tradition
- "Six Minutes, Slim Shady, You're On"
- Rap Genius Political Appointees 2012
- You Can't Rap, But You Can Make A Song
- Retrospect for Lu: One Year Later...
- WTF is a Basquiat?
- Black Star: Let's ALL Get Down!
- Rap Geniuses of the Month: Kembe X / Alex Wiley
- Top 10 Lines From Drake's "Take Care"
- Inside the Rappers Studio: A Witty Nicki Minaj?
- Freak Wit It - The Five Greatest Censored Versions of Hip Hop Songs
- The Many Nicknames of Lil Wayne
- Fuck You; Pay Me (By Not Buying My Music)
- Can’t Wait To Be King: If J. Cole Really Were Simba
- Don’t Become a Rapper If: A Checklist
- All in the Name of P***Y: 7 Women Who Made Fresh Beef Into Poison Meat
- Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor: All the Lyrics Explained
- Which Throne are You Watching?
- Lupe Fiasco: The Proust of Rap
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas For The Hip Hop/Music Lover
- Hella Based: The Many Faces of Lil B
- Kill Whitey: Top 10 Corporate Greed Rap Lyrics
- Introducing the Rap Map™ - your guide through the gangsta terrain of the planet
- Rappers: they're just like us!
- Is it right to hate fame?
- I Think I'm Turning Japanese: Rap's Infatuation With Benihana
- Tyler the Creator - Goblin
- Tyler gets pizzunked
- Bad Meets Evil Hell: The Sequel Lyrics
- That Shit Cray: Top Ten Meme Lines of the Year Thus Far
- Big Sean's "Finally Famous"
- Track-by-Track Guide to Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
- MCA Keeps Rocking in the Afterlife
- My Kingdom For A Platinum Football Field
- The Five Nastiest, Most Explicit Sex Scenes in Rap History
- Joey Bada$$ & Kendrick Lamar: This Generation’s Biggie & Pac? : A UK Perspective
- Wale: The Antithesis of J. Cole
- Wax: From YouTube To Def Jam
- ALL of Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" Explicado
- Liquid Swords: Rap Genius on the Rap Genius
- Common: "A Letter To The Law" Video Breakdown
- THE HISTORY OF HIP HOP (as told by Rap Genius)
- Eatbox: rappers eat pussy sometimes, too
- Eminem's Infinite Explained
- Al Qaeda / Taliban rap paper plate awards: a discussion of Jihadi references in rap lyrics
- Notes on "Ready To Die"
- "Don't Ask Me How": The Elusive TRIPLE Entendre in Hip-Hop
- Rappers and the Alphabet: A Romance on the D.L.
- Lil Wayne Carter 4 Cover
- The Many Nicknames of Tyler, the Creator
- Tyler, The Creator vs. Woody Allen
- Curren$y "Covert Coup": All The Lyrics Explained
- "These n*ggas be mad -- that's why they stay hating" : Thoughts on V-Nasty
- Rage Against the Machine: Rap, Rock and Revolution
- Curren$y's Weekend At Burnie's Syncs With The Film
- ENTER THE WU: 36 Chambers
- Big Sean is Finally Famous...boiiiii
- Rap Genius LLP: A NEW Legal Service for the Rap Community
- One Love. Elzhi's "Elmatic"
- Rap Genius Watch The Throne Cover
- Raponomics: Top Ten Foreign Currency References Of All Time
- Interview With Jay-Z's Financial Biographer: Rap Genius Editor SnoopZoggyZogg
- Top 25 Rap Albums of 2011
- An Intro to Break Beats
- Excerpt: They call me Jay Electronica
- Belief in Based God
- International Underground: Hip Hop as Global Rebel Music
- Rap Genius in the OED
- 2011's Best Twitter Moments
- Frank Ocean Nostalgia Ultra - all the lyrics explained
- M-m-m-maybach Music
- The Classic Yo! MTV Raps Returns, One Night Only!
- Bad Meets Sequel?
- Dominic Strauss Khan & Ghostface
- Cadence & Flow -- A Study in MMG
- Tyler the Creator: Tron Cat
- We Found Earl!
- Hip-Hop's TECHNOlogic Revolution
- Rhyming Words with Themselves, sort of: Top Ten Homophone Rhymes of All Time
- Jay-Z: "Rap Is Poetry"
- Nas interview PREVIEW
- Interview: Vince Staples
- Subliminal Satanic Messages in Jay-Z
- An Open Letter Regarding OFWGKTA (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All)
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Despot reveals a supergroup and gives his fans a SPECIAL MESSAGE!
- Pass Through, Ghost-like: A Multi Before I Die Mixtape
- XV Reasons Why XV's The Next Big Thing
- Most commonly misheard rap lines
- Nas, Illmatic: All the lyrics to every song explained
- Kendrick Lamar - #Section.80
- Lupe Fiasco's LASERS
- Kanye & Pharrell at Design in Miami: Breaking Down Understanding and Rap Genius
- Crooked I Decodes Crooked I
- Kanye in Paris
- A Modest Proposal: Why those white-bread, hella suburban rappers matter
- Religion in Hip Hop: A RapGenius Overview
- Wiz Khalifa: probably fucked your bitch
- "Tastes like Swag": Cooking with Lil B (Part1: Wonton Soup)
- Adrien Brody Reciting 10 Crack Commandments
- Donald Glover Interview: "What the fuck is a Childish Gambino?"
- Gil Scott Heron - Father of Rap
- On "Blue Slide Park": A Review of Moderate Proportions
- Jay-Z vs. RapGenius.com: Who's Better at Decoding Jay-Z's Lyrics?
- Drake, Thank Me Later: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained
- Dre - Is Detox coming?
- Hip Hop & Islam: The Sacred Nexus
- ALL the lyrics to Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Explained
- Fabolous SOUL Tape
- RIP Biggie Smalls (the Rap Genius)
- Lil Wayne Explains Lil Wayne
- Rap Genius of the Month: Don Trip
- DIY: Turning the RG shirt into an RG Lady-Tee
- Osama Got Popped..
- Cole Summer Saga Continues..
- Paid tha Caust to be tha Boss: Rappers discussing the Nazis
- Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" Music Video
- Thank You Bouillabased God
- Hip-hop Superbowl: Black and Yellow vs Green and Yellow
- Rap Genius on German MTV!
- Pusha's "Fear of God" Mixtape: Don't Be Scurred
- Jay-Z on Biting Biggie's Rhymes
- Congressman Tweets Dickpic: Inspired by Kanye? Or Mannie Fresh? Who knows?
- V-Nasty Saying The "N-Word"
- RIP Macho Mane - Wrestler, Rapper, Baller
- Rappers: Suckered by Obama's Charm, Just Like the Rest of Us...
- "Yonkers" Video Breakdown
- StereoIQ Lines of the Week: July 30-August 7
- Curren$y Interview With DDS
- Virginia's Finest: Intalek Interview
- "Empire State of Mind" video breakdown
- Eminem, Recovery: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Hell: The Sequel
- "Don't Wanna Go Home" lyrics – Jason DeRulo
- All of the Lights: Seizure-tastic
- Psychiatrist Advises Degenerate Geniuses to "Check Your Head"
- Lil B "Charlie Sheen" music video breakdown
- Woman's work: transporting drugs for rappers
- "Well I guess, this is my dissertation"- Graduation: Decoded
- "Well I Guess, This Is My Dissertation" - Notes on Graduation
- RAP GENIUS EXCLUSIVE: Nicki Minaj's Titty
- Fabolous "I'm Raw": A Close Reading
- I Love Hip-hop, But...Part I
- Nicki Minaj Pink Friday: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song decoded
- Interview with producer and OFWGKTA affiliate BrandenBeatBoy
- Hipster Girl Raps "Look At Me Now"
- Lil Wayne and Birdman's Notorious K.I.S.S.
- Jay-Z 101 at Georgetown University
- Young Dr. Dre on TV!
- Drake care...
- Lil B's "I'm Gay"
- Lil B album to be called "I'm Gay"
- 420 NEWS: Kid Cudi quits quitting weed
- #Ambition (cover)
- Freddie Gibbs: Cold Day In Hell Cover
- BEEF: Fox News vs. Jon Stewart (& Common)
- Skylar Grey x RG x Gigg "Final Warning" Verse Contest
- Young Jeezy's TM103: Hustlerz Ambition Review
- Eminem vs. Weezy: Who's the King of these rude, ludicrous, lucrative lyrics?
- Carter IV Preview: Lil Wayne rolling with a cougar
- Tat My Name On You So I Know It's Real
- Siri vs Biggie
- ALL of the "All of the Lights"
- "Words I Never Said": Lupe Fiasco's Anthem for the Egyptian Revolution?
- Bad Meets Evil on Fuse TV at Bonnaroo
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/17/2013
- IT'S OFFICIAL: Cyhi is an Otis Fan
- N***AWATCH 2011: V-Nasty Calls A Black Man "N***a" In A Fight
- Mac Miller "Blue Slide Park" Tracklist
- Q: what will be this year's MOST MEME Halloween costume?
- MMG loves lyrics just like RG
- Wiz & Amber sitting in a tree.. T - A - T - T - O - O - I -N -G
- RUH ROH: Tyler the Creator Arrested (Again)
- Poll: What are the best "fuck songs" / "love songs" in rap music?
- NEW VIDEO: Lupe Fiasco's "Bitch Bad"
- RG RANCH SXSW RECAP (part 2)
- Introducing the Rap Genius Artist in Residence: The Black Cobain Experience
- Lil Wayne on Roman's Revenge 2.0: Only One Verse?
- 13 YEAR OLD KENDRICK LAMAR WISHES HE HAD RAP GENIUS
- TDE on Tour & Too funny
- Wale Attention Deficit: DECODED
- Southern Boys Collide: Big KRIT & Yelawolf collaboration coming soon
- The Game R.E.D. Album Preview
- Rap Hoods - Hampton Roads, Virginia
- Big K.R.I.T. goes live from the underground and gets verified with RapGenius
- Lupe is a rap god but also human
- ras kass keeps it raw
- What is Wayne? The Artist Lives
- Rap Genius Interview: Adam Bradley, editor of the Yale Anthology of Rap
- New Freshness: Urbana Poppin' Champaign (UPC)
- Ab-Soul Drawing Contest on Rap Genius?!
- Monday Morning with the BRKF$T Club
- Rhyme Spotters: Twinkies
- RIP KING CAPITAL STEEZ
- Artist in Residence: The Confessional, Day One
- Common talks LUV on Rap Genius - Live Ustream!
- first ever freestyled verified explanation (don't ask me how)
- Lupe Fiasco Exclusive world premiere: breaking down "bitch bad"
- Ras Kass Behind the Lines with Rap Genius
- Behind the Bars with RiFF RaFF, part 1
- Behind the Bars with Riff Raff, part 2 (prepare to be enlightened)
- Does Bruno Mars have a space in hip hop?
- Slaughterhouse tells RG what they really think about Black Hippy
- Introducing RapMetrics™: The Birth of Statistical Analysis of Rap Lyrics
- LUPE FIASCO EXCLUSIVE world premiere: Explore Lamborghini Angels
- LUPE IS HERE
- BIG BOI NOW VERIFIED ON RG!
- EXCLUSIVE Lyrics and More From Skyzoo's New *A Dream Deferred* -- UPDATED!!
- What Does Common Think About Rap Genius?
- 2012 BET Cyphers Lyrics: Who spit fire?
- Grand Theft Audio: The Music of San Andreas
- The Importance of Music Education
- The Top Ten Verses of 2011
- big boi RG fan contest: are you big's rap genius?
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 1
- MEEK MILL EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE: Maybach curtains
- Ne-Yo is Now verified!
- Dreadlocks. Rasta?
- Blog fam Interview: AFH - Kendrick Lamar "GRIT"
- Celebrating Common: 20 years of verified explanations, pt. 2
- "Can't Knock The Hustle": How Jay-Z Came Up on Ace of Spades
- big boi exclusive: new outkast next?
- Verified Artist Lushlife is hosting an RG COmpetition
- "I Got More at Stake Than Philly": Reasonable Doubt decoded
- Joey Bada$$ new single "Unorthodox"
- Woman sleeps with Nas, Jay-Z, and Allen Iverson; reveals penis secrets
- Jay-Z, Eminem, and "Renegade": Who Killed Whom?
- RANCH RECAP: RG at SXSW part 1
- Lulu's son shine: What is Jay-Z talking about in "A Star is Born"?
- Rap Genius x BET: Video Breakdown of Stalley's "Fountain of Youth"
- Rap Genius University: Rhyme Types
- "Tree" - Kid Cudi & Wiz Khalifa
- "Loud Noises" by Bad Meets Evil
- 2Pac on Intellectual Property
- "Everywhere I Go" by 2Pac
- "Ronald Reagan Era" by Kendrick Lamar
- Kendrick Lamar "Hiii Power" Music Video Breakdown
- "She Wanna Have My Baby" by The Game
- Roots, How I Got Over: ALL the lyrics to EVERY song explained!
- Interview - Indie Artist "b.a.sick"
- "Get it?" Why do rappers explain their own lines in the Age of Rap Genius?
- Obama sings "Let's Stay Together"
- MO Purp please! New music from Alex Wiley, Kembe X and Chance the Rapper
- Either Kanye and Ghostface both sleep head to toe with their respective cousins, or Kanye is biting
- Hip Hop's Hero's Hubris?: RG Introduces Asaad
- Lupe Fiasco (and Big Sean) - "Wait for Me"
- Drake Interview
- "Acura Integurl" by Frank Ocean
- Lyrics to Tyga's Well Done 2 Mixtape
- Norwegian Mass Murderer Hates Hip-hop
- The Bullitts X Jay Electronica MOOVIE
- "I'm On One" lyrics – Tyga
- "Oh My Remix" lyrics – DJ Drama
- Annals of the Rap Orientalist: Talk of Money in Rap
- FREESTYLE BATTLE: Lupe Fiasco vs. Bill O'Reilly
- Odd Future in Germany
- MeLo-X = Sade + The Weeknd
- "Return Of Simba" by J. Cole
- J Cole Breaks Down His Album Title
- "Dreams Money Can Buy" by Drake
- Odd Future Is The New Beatles
- The Fine Art of the Name Drop: From Pac to R.A.
- Big K.R.I.T. booed at Highline Ballroom
- Soulja Boy: The Movie (Trailer)
- "Trouble on My Mind" lyrics – Pusha T
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain says farewell
- "I'm On One Freestyle" lyrics – Chamillionaire
- What's Wrong With John Galliano?
- Tyler The Creator Bonds With Tim Westwood
- Oh Mercy Me: New Music & An Artist to Watch
- "Uncle Otis" lyrics – The Game
- Consequence's "Pusha T Diss"
- Frank Ocean on "Watch The Throne".. Good Move? Bad Move?
- Rap Genius Reviews Dreams and Nightmares
- Jetlifer SinnersRemorse Reviews Curren$y's Priest Andretti
- Nardwuar Interviews Casey Veggies
- News Genius Lines of the Week, 05/03/2013
- Lil Wayne Carter IV Release Date
- MJ Faded Way: Perfect
- The 5 degrees of decadence in "Fashion Rap"
- Big Sean Arrested
- Artist in Residence: Black Cobain spits a fire freestyle
- Wiz Khalifa x Curren$y x Big Sean = STONER MIXTAPE OF THE CENTURY
- Cam'ron Threatens iTunes
- Goblin L.A. Concert
- Tyler the Creator & Odd Future on Tim Westwood
- Black Hippy Interview
- Watch The Throne (Snippets)
- Birdman Forbes Interview
- Tyler Arrested In L.A.
- Thurnis Haley: Really Into Golf
- NEW MUSIC: "Hotel" by NRK (Nobody Really Knows)
- Watch The Based
- Lupe Fiasco's Long-Awaited Lasers...Cover Art
- Kush and Corinthians: Religious Contradictions in Hip Hop
- Was Slug the O.G. Drake?
- In the Zone: Jay-Z and Kanye West Live at Bank Atlantic Center
- EARL IS FREE!
- Rap Genius Editor Teaches Kreayshawn Makeup Techniques
- INSIDE GAME: The Making of Martians vs Goblins
- Rap Genius of the Month: Touré
- Kreayshawn's Ballinest Fan? Drake
- A$AP FERGENSTEIN: on the origins of "A$AP"
- "Watch The Throne" Preview
- Ambition 2: BEHIND THE SCENES
- J Cole on How Jay-Z REALLY Feels About "Cole World: A Sideline Story"
- Game's track-by-track breakdown of the Red Album
- The Honors English Rap Genius Challenge - CONTEST RULES
- News Genius Quotes of the Week, 05/10/2013
- Prodigy's Book: The Anti-Decoded
- Lil Wayne: "Dear Anne" Lyrics Explicado..
- "Her Room" by Teyana Taylor
- RIP Big Pun
- "Marvins Room" by Drake
- Detox - July 26 Release Date?
- Honors English Lyrics Challenge Coming Soon - Sneak Peak
- Artist in Residence: Making of "The Recipe" freestyle w/ Black Cobain
- TV Night at Cam's
The week of May 17th, 2013 pits IRS scandals with phone hacking, Kanye West, stem cells, and David Beckham, leaving shocking news for every type of person. Though West’s ranting on stage is nothing new, the retirement of Manchester United’s legendary player beside a partial meltdown of the United States' bureaucracy is perhaps even more chaotic than the already tumultuous spring. Here are the News Genius Quotes of the Week for May 17th.
News Genius: We’ll never retire. Or be cloned. Maybe.
5 — “They used names like Tea Party or Patriots and they selected cases simply because the applications had those names in the title. That was wrong, that was absolutely incorrect, insensitive, and inappropriate — that’s not how we go about selecting cases for further review.”
The scandal of the week confirmed what many had suspected during the 2012 presidential election campaign: the IRS, particularly the Cincinnati office, pursued political groups outside of normal processes when considering each for 501c(4) tax status. While Lerner refers particularly to groups with “conservative,” “Tea Party,” or “patriot” in their name, the same extreme questioning was levied against liberal groups. While the issue is likely to lead to a number of resignations, misplaced Congressional hearings, and more gridlock, the defense of the IRS is inexcusable; sources note that the deputy commissioner knew of the issue as early as May 2012. Unfortunately for America, these kinds of struggles will inevitably delay action in Congress even more.
4 — “I have a very high confidence that versions of this technique will work very well; it’s something that the field has been waiting for”
Via Wikimedia Commons
While stem cells are one of the most promising medical therapy techniques in the modern era, their source is far more bleak: human embryos. This barrier has made the widespread adoption of stem cell research and therapy rather limited, hindering the progress of new information that the field needs. Thus, the recent success in cloning human stem cells is a major breakthrough for the study of future therapies, a controversy-free source that promises, when perfected, to eliminate federal restrictions, claims of “baby killing,” and similar obstacles to widespread adoption. Don’t expect a Star Wars “Attack of the Clones” type future, though — this research is a far cry from fully cloning a human being.
3 — “To this day, one of my proudest achievements is captaining my country.”
Via Telegraph UK
After one of the most prolific football careers in history, one of the legends has finally retired from the sport he helped define. David Beckham — striker, model, and short term champion of American soccer — has completed his last season with Manchester United. His career placed him in the role of the UK’s hero, sending him to every championship, tournament, and college poster imaginable. He even landed a role in the title of a movie, Bend it Like Beckham. While a host of talented players, such as Messi, Villa, and Rooney, will continue to thrill, the game will certainly miss its golden child for years to come. Let’s just hope this doesn’t turn into another Favre situation; after all, it’s better to burn out than to fade away.
2 — “I ain’t kissin' nobody’s motherfucking babies — I drop your baby and you sue me and shit.”
Via USA Today
Adding to an already prolific group of concert rants, Kanye West at a private May 15th show broke down his issues with “celebrity” and fame. While the topics — paparazzi, Saturday Night Live, and private life — were nothing new, the last line of the rant left everyone confused. Why are there babies? Is Kanye dropping an infant on purpose? The answer is more innocent: West is not a politician that picks babies from the crowd, kisses them, and poses for pictures. He is here to make music, not to show off (cough). He has no time for the camera, dropping the “baby” as soon as it gets passed to him, as he runs off to the studio. Yes, you should sue him for that. And call the police.
1 — “I am writing to object in the strongest possible terms to a massive and unprecedented intrusion by the Department of Justice into the newsgathering activities of The Associated Press.”
Via McClatchy DC
News broke this week of a long-term wiretapping case opened by the Department of Justice secretly, against the Associated Press. After the AP broke a story about the outing of a CIA agent in Turkey, the DOJ legally, but privately, acquired a warrant to tap 20 AP-associated lines, tracking the discussion of classified information related to the Turkey case and new developments. While the warrant, however corrupt, is completely legal under post-Patriot act lawmaking, the situation is entirely suspect. After revelations that the Federal Government has a hold on all digital communications surfaced last week, nothing is safe. Kids, here’s the new motto: never put it in writing or speech.
This episode of Outside the Lines With Rap Genius, we bring you a great convo with R.A. the Rugged Man. Hot on the heels of the release of his new album, we talk to the underground legend about his open and honest lyrics, his rap idols, his friendships with Biggie and Norah Jones, and tons more.
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology – Knockout Mouse in Ya House Lyrics
Amir Khan – Comments on Mayweather Lyrics
ASAP Ferg – Work (Remix) Lyrics
Björk – Hunter Lyrics
Carole King – Beautiful Lyrics
Carole King – I Feel the Earth Move Lyrics
Carole King – So Far Away Lyrics
Carole King – Tapestry Lyrics
Carole King – Where You Lead Lyrics
Carole King – Will You Love Me Tomorrow Lyrics
Circa Survive – Wish Resign Lyrics
CJ Fly – Slow Down Time Lyrics
Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren – Unlocking Technology Act of 2013 Lyrics
Daft Punk – Give Life Back to Music Lyrics
Daft Punk – Giorgio By Moroder Lyrics
Daft Punk – Touch Lyrics
Daft Punk – Lose Yourself to Dance Lyrics
Damien Hirst – Desert Island Discs, 12th May 2013 Lyrics
Daniel Snyder – Redskins Will ‘Never’ Change Name Lyrics
Danzig – Mother Lyrics
David Moyes – Statement Upon Becoming Manchester United’s Manager Lyrics
Dessy Hinds – P.E.nlightenment Lyrics
Dizzee Rascal – Goin' Crazy Lyrics
Drake – Girls Love Beyoncé (Remix) Lyrics
Dr. Dre – Love Letter Lyrics
Dwight Gooden – No-Hitter (May 14th, 1996) Lyrics
Elizabeth Warren – Bank on Student Loan Fairness Act Lyrics
Ethelwulf & Bones – 鈍ら墓地 Lyrics
Everton Football Club – Statement on David Moyes' departure to Manchester United Lyrics
French Montana – Fuck What Happens Tonight Lyrics
Future Unlimited – Haunted Love Lyrics
Georgio – Sex, Drug & Rock'n'roll Lyrics
Golden State Warriors – 2012-2013 Roster Lyrics
Gregory Hicks – Testimony on Benghazi Before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Lyrics
Harry Fraud – Rising Lyrics
Ian Dury And The Blockheads – Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Lyrics
Isiah Thomas – The Rose Return: When good of player, good of team collide Lyrics
Jeannie C. Riley – Harper Valley PTA Lyrics
Jeremih – Ol' Skool Pontiac Lyrics
Joke – Django Lyrics
Josh Groban – You Raise Me Up Lyrics
Kery James – Vent d'État Lyrics
Lois Lerner, Internal Revenue Service Exemptions Office – Remarks on IRS Targeting of Tea Party and Other Non-Profit Groups Lyrics
Mac Miller – Watching Movies Lyrics
Madonna – Like A Virgin Lyrics
Manchester City FC – Statement on Roberto Mancini’s Dismissal Lyrics
Marco Rubio – Call for Nonexistent IRS Commissioner to Resign Lyrics
Matty Rico – Black Enough Lyrics
Moth (ghostimothious) – Sheepgoat Lyrics
Musa Okwonga – Paul Scholes: A Tribute Lyrics
Musa Okwonga – Sir Alex Ferguson – half man, half momentum Lyrics
News Genius – Benghazi Timeline Lyrics
Nick Antosca – Rat Beast Lyrics
Raekwon – Son Of Sam Lyrics
Scorzayzee – Great Britain Lyrics
Shawn Chrystopher – Minding My Business Lyrics
Sir Alex Ferguson – Retirement reactions Lyrics
Sir Alex Ferguson – Retirement Statement Lyrics
Sir Alex Ferguson – ‘Typical Germans’ Interview Lyrics
Sonic Youth – Catholic Block Lyrics
Sonic Youth – Tuff Gnarl Lyrics
Steve Miller Band – Abracadabra Lyrics
The-Dream – High Art Lyrics
TomArts – Dont Blame Me Lyrics
Tottenham Hotspur – 2012–13 Tottenham Hotspur Squad Lyrics
Treach – Tall Midget Lyrics
United States Department of Agriculture – Report on Honey Bee Health Lyrics
Vladimir Putin – Victory Day Speech, May 9 2013 Lyrics
Wildchild – Stuck in Norway Lyrics
E.R – Message From The Block Lyrics
Logic – Thrist Mail (Skit) Lyrics
Horseshoe G.A.N.G – Homeless / Real Talk Lyrics
Georgio – Où est mon Dieu ? Lyrics
Tottenham Hotspur – 2012–13 Tottenham Hotspur Squad Lyrics
Danzig – Mother Lyrics
Prime – It’s Over Lyrics
Teddy Benzo – Ange et Demon Lyrics
Dubbs – Zombies Lyrics
Faith envys – Music Lyrics
Mac Miller – Watching Movies Lyrics
Nuon G.O.D – It Never Lasts feat. RAJ Lyrics
Nexuz – Fix Me Lyrics
Björk – Hunter Lyrics
ScopeY – RAP GENIUS SEASON 1 WINNER Lyrics
100s – Brick $ell Phone Lyrics
L'escouade – Les cas libres Lyrics
J. Venom – Good Evening (Remix) Lyrics
Nico Segal – You Lyrics
Ill Dominique – Thugs on Chicago Lyrics
In yet another week of insanity and far-reaching events, News Genius is back to break down the Top 5 quotes of the week, spread across sports, science, law, and international affairs. In the week of May 10th, Charles Ramsey became an internet celebrity, President Obama had a historic meeting with President Park Geun-Hye and dissed North Korea, and Daniel Snyder of the Redskins served as a reminder of the worst in all of us. News never sleeps, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take the time to critique it.
News Genius: WE, TOO, CAN WRITE IT IN ALL CAPS.
5 — “Despite a remarkably intensive level of research…overall losses continue to be high and pose a serious threat”
That buzzing noise in the air isn’t from the bees: farmers, politicians, scientists, and people across the world are reeling from the recent spread of “Colony Collapse Disorder” (CCD). Due to a wide range of reasons, none conclusive, bees are dying in large numbers and greatly reducing the potential pollination vital to crop growth. Without “beez in the trap,” we cannot eat, making the finding of a solution to the disorder critical.
4 — “In short, the days when North Korea could create a crisis and elicit concessions — those days are over”
Until this year, the international community has always supported vocally opposing, yet supporting in practice, the aggressive, “threat for aid” foreign policy of North Korea, citing the need to maintain peace rather than ignite war. The result? A push past the line of threat, the creation of nuclear weapons, and armed missiles on the border of the DMZ. In a joint conference with South Korea’s new leader, President Park Guen-Hye, President Obama quite bluntly drew the line: North Korea will no longer benefit from threats. The policy may be the most sound, forcing the isolated country to return to six party nuclear talks and participate in diplomatic procedures to continue to feed itself.
3 — “We’ll never change the name, it’s that simple. NEVER — you can use caps”
Nothing like a dose of casual racism in 2013 to remind us all that people and ideas still persist which openly oppose basic decency. Playing on the dated term for Native Americans, “Redskins” remains one of the only institutional business names still relying on invalid racial slurs. While colleges, other NFL teams, and the world in general change such instances of long-past segregation, Mr. Snyder sits firmly on the wrong side of history. Support the team and its heart, but try not to humor bigotry.
2 — “There is no good reason to execute anyone without performing the testing that could definitively prove guilt or innocence”
Willie Manning, on death row since 1996, has been the center of an intense legal and public battle over the validity of forensic science in the processing of his double murder case. After being found guilty and sentenced to two separate death penalties, Manning and supporters challenged a single hair forensic analysis that ended up overextending science and breaching common practice. The Mississippi Innocence Project, a group in support of a full review of the case, successfully petitioned this week to stay Willie’s execution, an extraordinary event that is sure to set a precedent. N.W.A. was right: sometimes, the police actually are sus.
1 — “I’ve been here a year. You see where I’m coming from? I’ve BBQ’d with this dude! We eat ribs and what not — and listen to Salsa music!”
While the Amanda Berry story unfolded dramatically with the arrest of her three kidnappers and the release of several missing women, the brightest star of the day was none other than Charles Ramsey, a neighbor and future internet celebrity. After dropping a hilarious, if not so helpful, 911 call, Ramsey delivered one of the best interviews of the year. It takes a lot to make everyone smile in the middle of an extremely tense situation, but that ability is what makes Ramsey endearing. Plus, you never know when the guy you used to eat ribs with will turn around and lose it.
We recently premiered verified artist Skylar Grey’s snippet for “Final Warning” with Skylar’s personal breakdown of the track’s lyrics. But But that was only the beginning, because now Skylar is looking to her fans to lay the track’s rap verse. If you think you’ve got bars that are dope enough to kill the competition, then submit your verse on Gigg.
But beware, the first entry comes from none other than RiFF RaFF himself and we’re warning you, it’s a lot to stand up to…