@SvenTheImmortal And for Game Adaptation, The Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, South Park Tower Defense, shit like that.

March 10th, 2014

So changes so far have been the removal of Best Technology in sake of Game Design and Game Engine, transfer of Best Song In A Game to Best Original Song/Theme, and the consideration for the removal of platform-specific awards. If there is confusion between some of the mentioned categories, check the speech above.

@FanaHOVA @CaptPierce @AubreyPlaza

March 10th, 2014

Best soundtrack wouldn’t have worked? I’m happy with the new improved list though, we got to keep it easy enough for the people that aren’t too into those aspects of the games

March 10th, 2014

@AubreyPlaza Best Soundtrack is still in there as well as Audio Design, the difference is mentioned above but if requested enough is willing to still be changed.

@DoctorStrange @SvenTheImmortal Almost forgot to mention but the reason I kept Sandbox Game up there was for shit like Minecraft that you can’t really slop into a casual or action-adventure category and just because it’s an indie game doesn’t mean that’s what categorizes it as a genre as much as a budget scale as well as games that don’t restrict you to a linear experience like Grand Theft Auto, Fallout 3, Skyrim and otherwise but is still available to be requested off.

March 10th, 2014

@Hellblazer Ohh, sorry. I looked past it, I guess. :c

March 10th, 2014

You should ask @PioZon to help you out with this, he’s good at setting up RG surveys.

March 10th, 2014

Slept on it some more, removed Sandbox Game, and Best Studio Debut since that would actually require a bit of research for anyone to know. And I thought about changing the platform-specific awards to Best [Console] Exclusive if that would pass off as a better idea?

@DoctorStrange @SvenTheImmortal @AubreyPlaza

And @PioZon if you’d like to get involved, it’d be greatly appreciated.

March 11th, 2014

The main idea is to have a list long enough to be comprehensive and short enough that people will not lose interest. Just make sure you don’t have a group of categories no one is interested in.

March 11th, 2014

I’d keep the console specific ones and just condense the mobiles to one.

March 11th, 2014

Also differentiate with “party” and casual. And I think gender characters/performances are just about the same thing.

March 11th, 2014

@SvenTheImmortal Alright then, removed Performance, Mobile, Adaptation, and Video Game Sequel awards. Transferred console-specific awards to best exclusives save for best handheld.

@CaptPierce I did within the poll, listing games like Angry Birds, Plants Vs. Zombies, and Candy Crush under Casual and games like Wii Party, Mario Party, and Rayman Raving Rabbits under Party.

March 11th, 2014

@Hellblazer pm me if you need something

March 12th, 2014

This too much for my small brain to handle.

March 14th, 2014

2nd cut is now down to

• Best Original Soundtrack/Score
  • Best Original Song
  • Best Game Design
  • Best Game Artwork/Graphics
  • Best Narrative/Writing
  • Best Innovation
  • Best Male Character
  • Best Female Character
  • Best Cast Ensemble
  • Best Game Engine
  • Best Casual Game
  • Best Music Game
  • Best Party Game
  • Best Puzzle Game
  • Best Horror Game
  • Best DLC
  • Best Platformer
  • Best Racing Game
  • Best Stealth Game
  • Best Turn-Based Strategy
  • Best Real-Time Strategy
  • Best Fighter
  • Best Sports Game
  • Best Indie/Independent Game
  • Best Multiplayer Game
  • Best MMO
  • Best RPG
  • Best Third-Person Shooter
  • Best First-Person Shooter
  • Best Action-Adventure
  • Best Handheld Game
  • Best Nintendo Wii Exclusive
  • Best Playstation 3 Exclusive
  • Best Xbox 360 Exclusive
  • Best Game Publisher
  • Best Game Franchise
  • Video Game of a Generation

I kept TPS & FPS in there because though it may seem like a minor difference in camera angle, it still changes the mechanics completely and is pretty much what separates CoD & Battlefield from Gears of War & Max Payne. Plus in that case it’d be weird to still allow Strategy two categories based on mechanics.

@Thatkidwith44dollars @CaptPierce @SvenTheImmortal @DoctorStrange @Heisenferg @FanaHOVA

March 14th, 2014

fuck yes thank you for this.

I really hope ps3 exclusive award doesn’t get TLOU by a land-slide.

Is this going to be a polled thing or a group of judges?

March 14th, 2014