@mykro Overall poll, it’s going through a preliminary round first for 5 options per category before moving onto a final poll, both of which will be advertised on the normal Rap Genius thread and hopefully the Game Genius twitter if it’s allowed @Scottish-Lady if it’s possible to do anything with that?

March 14th, 2014

I’m RGUK Twitter, sorry.

Happy to retweet anything across the UK though – you only have to ask!

March 14th, 2014

@FanaHOVA (see above) is Italy. I’m certain he’ll help by re-tweeting info.

March 14th, 2014

What is the poll format going to look like? Because if it’s just going to list the name of each category without any description a lot of these categories are going to be skipped by the casual gamer, making it much harder to come up with a definitive Best of a Generation List. I don’t know much about poll-making (maybe @PioZon can help), but I’d definitely recommend describing what each category is trying to measure, as well as an example of a game that excels in that particular category (e.g. how you said the creepy whispers in Bioshock are an example of Audio Design, or Lee from the Walking Dead is an example of a great Character without a great Performance).

March 16th, 2014

Yeah, I agree that the categories need description…

March 17th, 2014

@Heisenferg @AubreyPlaza Already planned on it.

March 17th, 2014

Guys this is still a lot of choices. You need to put yourself in the head of the casual RG user that just knows a bit about games; he's not gonna fill 25 categories about things that he barely knows! Not everyone knows game publishers and engines, nor the software house which produced their favorite game. Here's what I'd keep:

Best Original Soundtrack Best Game Design Best Narrative/Writing Best Innovation Best Male Character Best Female Character Best Cast Ensemble Best Game Engine Best Casual Game Best Horror Game Best Racing Game Best Strategy Best Fighter Best Sports Game Best Multiplayer Game Best MMO Best RPG Best Third-Person Shooter Best First-Person Shooter Best Action-Adventure Best Handheld Game Best Nintendo Wii Exclusive Best Playstation 3 Exclusive Best Xbox 360 Exclusive Best Game Franchise Video Game of a Generation

Casual games will incorporate puzzles, music and party. Also, I'd make the 'Best categories' votes optional. Not everyone plays a game of each genre and might not have a preference!

March 17th, 2014

@FanaHOVA I already planned on keeping all of the categories optional in case participants couldn’t suggest games for each one, was going to make it noticeable in the instructions before people started voting tbh. I’ll remove party and puzzle categories in order for casual.

March 17th, 2014

Is this still happening?

April 13th, 2014

@thatkidwith5dollars holding off on it for now until we can drum up more traffic for Game Genius, I’ll see if we can do something for E3.

April 13th, 2014
0 new posts. Show

Create an account to post a reply!